S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd April to Friday 28th April 2017

Saturday AM 2017-04-22

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Reclaimed Poplar Manchurian White 2-Band (24mm/50mm)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow) + Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Feather AS-D2/UFO Tornado
Polsilver Iridium Super (6)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

A great shave this morning, with my favorite software. After two months, I'm finally able to shave over the area of my surgical scar without any nicks, which is a real relief. And although I'm leaning toward lighter weight razor handles, the Tornado felt very comfortable in my hand. I'm smooth and smelling good for brunch with our daughter and her husband at Cheesecake Factory, and we'll bring a couple big slices of cheesecake home for a snack with our DVD movie tonight.
p508qkc.jpg

Saturday 22nd

Greetings All...

Soap - Haslinger Hönig
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1924
Blade - Gem Personna #3
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EdC

Lovely shave this afternoon. I find the 1924 agrees with me, and is far more efficient than the 1914. Having said that, a slight lapse in concentration led to resorting to one of the Legends styptic sticks. Still, a smooth finish; and the Haslinger pairs well with the Alt-Innsbruck.

Be well, Guys.

S.
20170422_175138.jpg

Sat 22nd April

Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
Schick N3
Schick Twin ( 9- Japan )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

The N3 is one of the Schick razors that works very well with a Twin Blade. However , today proved that probably for me the blade was past it's best, though I had no problems the finished Shave was not up to the usual high standard.

IMG_1256.jpg

c980b91fac2a747855baeffe925ee710.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (3)
EDT: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Super silver - super smooth shave.
I like to use the SOC boar to aggressively load from triple-milled soaps such as Penhaligon's.
I'm BBS and smell like Blenheim Bouquet - what's not to love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Men's facial scrub

Pre: Proraso pre-shave (white)
Soap: Tabac soap
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (3rd use)
Brush: Molton Brown Brush
Balm: Proraso shaving balm

Clean shave today – 3 passes with, across and against (few weepers)

Everyone have good day / shave

My first use of Tabac soap - not sure about it after hearing so many good things but will try again.

Glyce Soap Musgo Real
Semogue 1305
EUFROS Premium Vetiver de Haiti
Wilkinson "Sticky"
Permasharp Super
Thayers Rose Petal
ASL Williams Aqua Velva

85zXAus.jpg

The smoothest shave I've ever had since I started this adventure of wet shaving! The "Sticky" is really a smooth operator hehe The Permasharp blade is very sharp but coupled with the "Sticky" I was able to get a DFS with zero irritation or cuts. I found that the optimal angle of the "sticky" was a bit more acute/closed than my other razors, but once I got it the shave went smoooooooth as a hot knife through butter...

I want to take this chance to thank @Dreamer and the TSR forum for giving me this opportunity of enjoying this gem from another era, as I bought this razor from @Dreamer through the BST section of our forum. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Great write-up. I'm also a fan of the Sticky. Yours looks to be in terrific condition.

DSC_0733_zpswg4sjfc8.jpg

DSC_0521_zps42dywsu7.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Late Evening Shave with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th..I Finished this Razor on My Newly Acquired Coticule..It has Some Blood Like Veins Running through it..This Particular Barbers Finishing Coticule Does Live Up to the Legendry Reputation of what I Would Describe as a Mellow Buttery Smooth Edge whilst being Keen Enough to Deliver a Smooth & Close BBS Result..o_O

I Like this Stone..I Like the Edge..I Found it as Easy to Use as a 12 K Naniwa Stone..I Had One of My Most Comfortable & Closest Shaves to Date..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom