A great shave using the Merkur Futur and K Shave Worx soap.IMG_3508.JPG

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Kai
Brush - Duke 3 Best
Soap – Mike's Bay Rum
Post - Witch Hazel

My last encounter with a Kai was with the Weber, and a little on the harsh side. So this time I've chosen the Merkur, much better, and no problem getting BBS.

Planned shave for 28th June 2016

Ever Ready Streamline SE
Gem Stainless blade (1)
Dubarry Silkashave soap
Ever Ready Sterling badger brush
Avon Spicy aftershave
3d1b82ac71a3750d59b28d3cba829002.jpg

Edit:
Despite a very dodgy tummy this morning I just had a really good shave with this setup. It will be a real shame to let the silver brush go, but I had to try it at least once.

Last edited:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded 1964 Macys silvertip flopmeister fine for creams

'Statan', a mild Stahly head stuck onna UFO Titan XL titanium handle. Got a 15mm diameter but only weighs 68g. Right now loaded with a Personna74 with maybe 8 shaves on it and still fine.

Coates lime older version from tube

no aftershave

Aramis 'Havana' EdT old juice, but both versions are good. We are talking spicy!

BBS results,

Martin

27-02-16. Colgate, Omega bristle, Oneblade, Feather, Filarmonica sub cero, aqua velva ice blue.
My shaved today, recovering from salmonellosis, four days of antibiotics and even with joint pain, I feel split in two. I comforted this extinct Colgate soap, creamy and its protective foam. After trying Old Spice and Irish Moos I'll take three, with the past. Or is it a sign that I'm getting old ...
508523bbcc467c9939852bf86a1ebd50.jpg

Enviado desde la guarida del lobo

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Kai
Brush - Duke 3 Best
Soap – Mike's Bay Rum
Post - Witch Hazel

My last encounter with a Kai was with the Weber, and a little on the harsh side. So this time I've chosen the Merkur, much better, and no problem getting BBS.
Kai's have been a favourite of mine since the first time I used them. They have become the standard with which I compare all the rest.

Saw the Bulldog balm at my local Walgreens on sale buy 2 get one free. How do you like it?
I think Bulldog Balm are one the best products I have tried. But not only the balm, also the face wash and the moisturiser

I'm surprised not to see this balm in more S.O.T.D., being a english product. In Spain a lot of people use Bulldog Balm and all of them think it's very good

It is a very light balm that leaves a perfectly maintained skin, has a mild flavor and no greasy feeling

Back
Top Bottom