S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

My Birthday shave.
Made a little more special due to the kindness of @Digimonkey who kindly loaned me his Cobra.
So I used
Cobra
Kai Protouch MG
Wickham's Cashmere
Maseto 30mm Finest Black

I had heard of the Cobra's aggressiveness but I had no trouble with it whatsoever. Two passes for a smooth BBS mind you the Kai's are cracking blades sharp but safe.
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to.​
Happy Birthday Wayne! Hope you have a great day.

99_C26_F06_33_C6_4_E38_B7_BE_2_E800_F70_B217.jpg

SOTD

Valobra shave stick
MÜHLE 25mm synthetic
MÜHLE Rocca
Permasharp blade
4711 aftershave splash

No time for a pretty composition today so you get the vintage filter instead! :D

FullSizeRender.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ SV Manna Di Sicilia
Brush ~ SOC Badger
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post shave balm
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Vaara

Another wonderful shave from the General, Pro Super combo. As smooth as smooth can be! :)
My scent for today is the wonderful Vaara from Penhaligon's, I have already received a complement from a lady in the post office this morning. :)

Have a great weekend people...... :)

My Birthday shave.
Made a little more special due to the kindness of @Digimonkey who kindly loaned me his Cobra.
So I used
Cobra
Kai Protouch MG
Wickham's Cashmere
Maseto 30mm Finest Black

I had heard of the Cobra's aggressiveness but I had no trouble with it whatsoever. Two passes for a smooth BBS mind you the Kai's are cracking blades sharp but safe.

Happy Birthday Wayne! Have a great day mate.

My Birthday shave.
So I used
Cobra
Kai Protouch MG
Wickham's Cashmere
Maseto 30mm Finest Black

What a treat for your Birthday Wayne, happy Birthday. Have a great day :)

Pre:

Edwin Jagger pre shave

Shave:

Edwin Jagger DE89
Edwin Jagger best badger
The Traditional Shaving Company Leodis
Rockwell blade

Fine Snakebite Aftershave

--

A good shave today, no irritation or knicks. It is a toss up between Rockwell and Treet blacks for the best blade for me. I get a better shave with Rockwell, but Treet blacks are more comfortable.

My only issue with the Treets are the rusting. I pat them dry and leave in the air but I still only get three shaves out of them tops. Would be nice if they could go to four or five (I change them at that point).

The fine Aftershave is a winner. Working well for me, not causing breakouts and gives a good post shave feel. I am still not feeling any burn from it. Just the intense cold feeling. RazoRock gives me more of a burn than the Snakebite. I think I'll buy it again, with then soap though.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

My Birthday shave.
So I used
Cobra
Kai Protouch MG
Wickham's Cashmere
Maseto 30mm Finest Black

Happy Birthday Wayne,
Hope you enjoy the Day.

Morning Shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Álvarez Gómez Barbería Cream.
YaQi 28mm Synth Tuxedo.
Little Wren Pottery.
Gillette Fatboy (6).
Astra SP (2).
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
Álvarez Gómez Barbería Eau de Cologne.

Iain aka @Digimonkey rates the Barberia as one of the very best creams/soaps he owns and I can see why. The lather it produced was sumptuous. Thick, creamy, slick, and wonderfully scented. This was an indulgent, joyous shave. Have a great weekend gents.

Morning Shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Álvarez Gómez Barbería Cream.
YaQi 28mm Synth Tuxedo.
Little Wren Pottery.
Gillette Fatboy (6).
Astra SP (2).
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
Álvarez Gómez Barbería Eau de Cologne.

Iain aka @Digimonkey rates the Barberia as one of the very best creams/soaps he owns and I can see why. The lather it produced was sumptuous. Thick, creamy, slick, and wonderfully scented. This was an indulgent, joyous shave. Have a great weekend gents.
Why did you have to say that? Now that's another soap/ cream I simply must try :) P.

Saturday' shave :) +

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by BBA Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Supply-SE V2.0. (Plate **)
Blade - Personna injector (Day 1).
Soap - Jack Black Supreme Cream Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" Splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

On Friday I had only time for 1 pass with the Rocnel-GEM - more stubble than normal to be shaved off this morning.

The Supply-SE v2.0, in my view and I appreciate YMMV, is noticeably more efficient compared to its predecessor, the v1.0.

Like for like, I only shaved with the Supply-SE v1.0 on plate ** (custom) with the Schick Proline P20, as the Personna blade for me with the v1.0 required 4 passes, plus touch up for a BBS. With the v2.0 I got a BBS, with plate ** and the Personna in 2 passes, for many areas of my face - but 3 for all over.

With the first pass on the v2.0 there was more audible feedback, compared with the same set up on the v1.0.

I got decent shaves with the Supply-SE v1.0 on plate *** with the Personna, and excellent shaves with the v2.0 on plate ** and the Proline. I think, for a while, at least I will be happy with the v2.0 and the Personna on plate ** :)

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom