S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

SOTD 281017
SOTD 271017 4.jpg
Blade: Gem #3
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Soap: Álvarez Gómez Barbería
Brush: Epsilon Horse hair.
EDT: Izzey Myake

They say at the end of a rainbow you find a pot of gold. Well I have just found it. :)
A special shout out must go to @Digimonkey for sourcing this amazing product.
Wonderful thick, slick lather was obtained with loads of cushion whipped up by my second use of this brush.

The brush is surprisingly soft on the face with minimal scritch. I am really impressed by its performance.

The razor is amongst the best I own. So smooth and forgiving leaving me with a wonderful, faultless Saturday Afternoon BBS shave.

Chose not to use any balm as I felt I didn't need any due to the post shave feel of the shaving cream.
Witch hazel and a generous spray of the magnificent Izzey Myake.

Enjoy your weekend. :)

Saturday 28th October

Birch Tar Soap
RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Stirling Texas on Fire Soap
Omega #49 Boar Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
GEM Micromatic OC in Brass with a shimmed GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and rinse
men-U Moisturiser with Lift
Blue Stratos AS

Boy...did I enjoy today's shave! This week has been a running battle with Powys Council. My route to work has had ongoing road works which have required a day time road closure for a week. On Monday I was caught out resulting in an additional 24miles travel to and from work. Thereafter it was a competition. As soon as I saw flashing lights outside the house it was a race for the car to get through before the road was closed. By the end of the week....I was leaving a full 45min before my normal departure. Consequently I have had 5 days of rushed shaves. Today I was able to take my time and enjoy it
Three passes this morning for a fantastic BBS shave. Enjoy your weekend everyone:)

vN6frFiP_o.jpg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Schick G8 Injector
Schick (3)
La Savonniere du Moulin
Thayers Rose, The Body Shop Shea Butter & Dior Sauvage

Too lazy to clear the book shelf so we are back in white haha. Fantastic shave, this injector is quickly becoming a favourite, shaves excellently. I don't use this soap often but I don't see why it is one of the best you can use. All in all a great weekend shave.

Today was the third Above the Tie razors in Phase 2, a DE R2 which is the medium plate with open comb. The three ATT razor are the left most pair on the top shelf and the second from the left on the lower shelf.

medium800.jpg

Yesterday was the SE2, an AC format using a Feather AC blade and I managed to nick myself. Today's shave was the sixth shave on this blade and the blade was tugging. The final result today is only OK, not great but mostly because I was still irritated from yesterday and the blade was at the end of it's useful life. It ended up in the Used Blade bottle.

Today's cream was TOBS Lemon Lime and I used the Gibbs boar brush. It's pretty much broken in already and so will move into the regular rotation. I finished off with some TOBS St. James spray stuff.

medium800.jpg

We are also really near the end of OCtober and tomorrow will be the last of the classic Open Combs, a Fatip Piccolo. I have a Rolls I'll likely try to work in Monday or Tuesday to close things out.

SOTD 281017
View attachment 30395
Blade: Gem #3
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Soap: Álvarez Gómez Barbería
Brush: Epsilon Horse hair.
EDT: Izzey Myake

They say at the end of a rainbow you find a pot of gold. Well I have just found it. :)
A special shout out must go to @Digimonkey for sourcing this amazing product.
Wonderful thick, slick lather was obtained with loads of cushion whipped up by my second use of this brush.

The brush is surprisingly soft on the face with minimal scritch. I am really impressed by its performance.

The razor is amongst the best I own. So smooth and forgiving leaving me with a wonderful, faultless Saturday Afternoon BBS shave.

Chose not to use any balm as I felt I didn't need any due to the post shave feel of the shaving cream.
Witch hazel and a generous spray of the magnificent Izzey Myake.

Enjoy your weekend. :)
Pray tell Wayne, where did you purchase this shaving cream? :) P.

YEN2rwb.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th Full Hollow
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Lovely Mornings Shave Today with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th..It has a Very Sharp, Smooth & Mellow Coticule/Yellow Lake Edge..o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Last edited:
Last edited:
My Birthday shave.
Made a little more special due to the kindness of @Digimonkey who kindly loaned me his Cobra.
So I used
Cobra
Kai Protouch MG
Wickham's Cashmere
Maseto 30mm Finest Black

I had heard of the Cobra's aggressiveness but I had no trouble with it whatsoever. Two passes for a smooth BBS mind you the Kai's are cracking blades sharp but safe.
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to.​
Happy birthday

Sat 28th October
Omega 11137 boar
De vergulde Hand
Schick J3- golden 500
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Used today a Schick J3, one of which had in my early days of Injector Shaving been one for Sunday morning Shaves. Despite its length I found to be very manoeuvrable .

With a Proline blade it is not only smooth but very effective, and one can employ quite long cutting strokes to clear the Cheeks very quickly , I have mentioned it being easy to wield and it particularly good when working around the neck. An extremely comfortable Shave with an excellent close all round finish. Another of those Razors than I can depend on to deliver a good trouble free quality Shave.

IMG_0045.jpg

My Birthday shave.
Made a little more special due to the kindness of @Digimonkey who kindly loaned me his Cobra.
So I used
Cobra
Kai Protouch MG
Wickham's Cashmere
Maseto 30mm Finest Black

I had heard of the Cobra's aggressiveness but I had no trouble with it whatsoever. Two passes for a smooth BBS mind you the Kai's are cracking blades sharp but safe.
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to.​
Congrats, Wayne!

Back
Top Bottom