S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

Saturday

Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC SS
Blade - Feather Professional
Post - Thayer's and BBA balm

Not much to hew off after yesterday's Schick E3; so I'm not sure why I chose the AC. A bit over zealous with touching up left me a wee bit red and two small nicks. The combination of the balm and witch hazel soon took care of that though.

This was my first outing for the Vitos Red and it performed magnificently. It lathered up in no time and gave great cushion and glide. The protection was good too (operator error notwithstanding). So, a great post-shave feel and smooth as anything.

A dinner and a few drinks with my fellow ex-Fire Service colleagues tonight.
FD5610BB-A3D7-4E67-8F31-B9081705FD25.jpeg

Saturday AM 2017-10-28

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (27mm/60mm)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme shaving soap (vintage)
Delta Echo Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/Weber Bulldog
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (3)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave (vintage)
CzFtt4S.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1930's OC Ball End Made in Canada
Blade: Personna Tungsten 74 (18)
Brush: Elite Razor Tres Amigo w/ Sunset Synthetic
Soap: Jeeves of Hudson Street Private Study
A/S: Floid Amber

A great week of shaving with these products. I probably could get another shave or two out of this blade, however, I'm changing razors tomorrow and the Personna 74 won't fit.

28 10 17.jpg

Razorock 400
Vitos Red
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Astra SP (3)
Homemade lime witch hazel mixture
Blue Stratos aftershave

My first use of Vitos soap. I bought it after reading many rave reviews on it here on the forum.
I was expecting it to be quite soft, but it's almost like Play Doh and very easy to mould in to a bowl.
I was also expecting it to lather easily but I wasn't ready for it to erupt at the mere threat of a damp brush. I mean, just a couple of swirls and it was like Mount Etna.
It's nicely scented, quite like Cella but not as strong to my nose.
Performance was good in every respect, and the sickness was as others have said, very easy razor glide.
Post shave feel is good too, no drying or tightness.
Three passes and smoothness prevails once again.
Blue Stratos to finish another enjoyable fuss free shave.

20171028_163040-jpg.19670

Razor: The General SS with Stork Consul (on loan)
Razor blade: Proline
Brush: Elite Manchurian
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Fine Platinum (gift)

Firstly a massive thank you to the Birthday boy himself @Acer89 James for a number of reasons.

I received a boxful of goodies today with a few include in this shave.
He sent me the Stork titanium handle to try with the General. He returned my Elite brush freshly polished, my Romera brush after he'd worked his magic and if that wasn't enough he sent me a puck of Fine Platinum soap and four plastic soap containers as a gift! Thank you James you are a star and a Gent.

So was the shave with the General better this time? The answer was a resounding yes!
The handle worked a treat with the General head. Great balance and definitely tamed the aggression.

I changed from the Kai Protouch MG 'Pinks' to the Proline blade and the shave was smoother and more comfortable.

The Fine Platinum soap performed brilliantly and the scent is exactly the same as the aftershave Splash. Love it!

Cheers
Rob

SOTD 28OCT17.JPG
#SOTD 28OCT17
Pre: Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Shamrock Tweed Bath and Face Soap
Razor: Razorock Mamba w/ Barbaros Levend Handle (from my TR2)
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Bishop
Soap: Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Shamrock Tweed
Post: Thayers' Witch Hazel Lemon & Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Shamrock Tweed​

I really enjoy the 1912 soaps; they are so easy to lather, tons of cushion, very slick, and they smell great! The Shamrock Tweed LE group buy is still alive till the end of this month and Darron gave me permission to share the order link so here it is: http://w-soap.co.uk/?page_id=1961

Sotd - Saturday - 29/10 -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - vintage twin
brush - Maseto 30mm silver tip
soap - RazoRock Emperor tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Fine Platinum
balm - aloe vera gel.

Result - nice - do the vintage twin blades ever run out? I've lost count of the number of uses. I think this must be shave six or seven and it shows no sign of degrading. I'm mostly used to de blades which I would toss after three or four uses. Very good. BBS and I smell nice - fake Aventus - she told me so. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen. Yours - `i.

Razor - General SS
Blade - Kai Pink
Brush - Maseto 24mm 2 band
Soap - S V Felce Aromatica
Post - Thayers cucumber ,Aloe Vera Gel
A/S - Pitralon Classic
IMG_4958.JPG

Second shave with the stainless steel General paired with a Kai pink and the outcome of both shaves,irritation free and as smooth as you like....."FAULTLESS".
I emailed Kyle and Kirk at Colonial razors thanking them for providing this razor.
The Saponificio Varesino soaps are a joy to lather up and today's shave was finished off with a splash of Pitralon classic.

Have a relaxing Sunday fellas

SOTD: 29th October 2017.
B2.JPG Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.
Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Arko Shave Stick. (Disk)

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (2)

Razor: 1968 Aluminium Handle Gillette Tech (Eng) .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. / Blue Stratos Aftershave.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

We all experiment in trying razor & blade duo's ,some work,some don't , the Gillette Tech /Gillette Silver Blue today was one of the most pleasurable Razor & blade duo's i've had to date with my Gillette tech,a superb match, i had to look to see if i had put a blade in the razor, sheer utter efficient smoothness , the Alum block detected no irritation in the slightest...Amazing

A very relaxing non-aggressive 3 pass sunday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in style with a very generous splash of Blue Stratos.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling 'old school' devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom