Rasoio : Friodur 8/8
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : BVLGARI MAN Extreme
EDT : BVLGARI MAN Extreme

image.php

image.php

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row best badger
WebGoose (Goober?)/Feather Pro Guard (thanks John)
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

So third drive around my face with this Frankenrazor, with a different blade today than the Pro version. Now this was a good shave. Most comfortable of the three with a feeling of more room for error. I am also still learning what angle for what areas. Improvement on my neck for sure. I try to use sound as a guide but I haven't got everything quite right yet. It's an interesting head design.

I am trying the King Cobra once more, but loaded with this milder blade. See what happens, although it probably won't make the handle shorter.

Unusually smooth BBS results,

Martin

Prep- Hot towel
Soap- MWF
Brush- SOC
Razor- Ever Ready 1912
Blade- GEM stainless coated [1]
Post- Alt Innsbruck AS

First use of 1912 & GEM blades produced a lovely close shave but nicked under the nose slightly, the Alt Innsbruck is superb, smashing menthol hit and tobacco scent.

WARS cream, a/s, balm and cologne,
Polsilver stainless,
Merkur 43C,
Isana boar brush.

The weight of this razor always surprises me but it really adds to the closeness of the shave.

29 November Shave

The Omega Pro 49 has broken in well and worked up a good lather with Mama Bear's Aged Spice soap. The fragrance of the Mama Bear's Aged Spice soap was much more on line with Old Spice than the Soap Commander I tried last week. The Type F injector provides a very aggressive shave. The mix of several different Old Spice fragrances provides a good approximation of the Old Spice scent. That helped to bring the Old Spice vibe into my morning. All in all a good shave.​

15719968437_c2ac77fa0b_c.jpg

Cold water splash
Martin de Candre Unscented
TGN 22mm Finest in Vulfix 404 handle
ATT M2 Kronos
Sputnik (3)
Myrsol Emulsion
Lalique Hommage à l'Homme EDT

Very nice shave today. Sputnik may not shave the closest but sure is smooth.

Razorock Green Tobacco shaving soap (thanks fly3k)
Grosvenor Vulfix 404
Gillette Blue II chromium disposable
Taylor's of Old Bond Street Sandalwood aftershave lotion (thanks fly3k)

Got a sample of the RR GT from fly3k and loved the smell and its slick performance. Now have a tub and can see this getting a lot of use. Love it.

A 10/10 result and even with the alcohol splash my skin feels soft and well hydrated.

Can't fault the Blue II chromium. Unlike most cartridge razors I've used there is no initial drag for the first few strokes. Sharp and smooth enough for BBS results with no weepers and only a hint of alcohol-based aftershave sting. Came in a five pack in Poundland and I'll be getting some more.

The TOBS Sandalwood a/s sample makes me want to go and revisit the Jermyn Street, Eton College and other fragrances. This may have overcome my disappointment with Shaving Shop a/s which was too floral compared to the slightly darker a/s gel and shaving cream. Could be expensive...

Shower, Creighton's soap
Brush: Turkish no.6
Cream: Palmolive
Razor: 37c
Blade: Darby (1)
ASB: Alpa Classique

Three days growth demolished with my usual two pass regime North - South /South - North. It's a top end DFS.

Saturday

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: iKon OC
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham Imperial Tonic SS
Aftershave: Kölnisch Wasser homemade splash
Cologne: Acqua di Colonia

A bit of redness and soreness on the neck at first which calmed down to leave a good smooth result. The iKon/Feather combo works well but needs to be handled in a different way from the EJ and other razors, and I'm a bit out of practice. We'll see how well I get into the groove over the week to come.

Back
Top Bottom