S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th June to Friday 10th June 2016

Sunday 5 June 2016

238228d1465144185-sun-june-05th-sat-june-11th-sotd-05062016.jpg

Traveling with a Snake

In my usual monthly business trip, I decided to take with me a snake. A particular snake. Well, I should better say "the snake". A rare and unique masterpiece by Mastro Livi having the blade made from his well known CarboInox consisting of a stainless steel cutting layer and the outer layers made from Mastro Livi twisted carbon damascus steel. He also inserted in the stainless steel layer some awesome and breathtaking carbon damascus dots, giving the blade an incredible and beautiful "dripping paint" effect. As for the shave, this beautiful straight razor is keen like a snake giving a very close and super smooth shave. The incomparable refreshing and finishing touch of Floïd Blue gave me the most luxurious shave.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Negozio Leggero Hazelnut and Lavender Shave Cream
  • Brush: Omega Brush #10275
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake Razor, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue

Mon 6th June
RazoRock Plissoft
MWF
Personna Injector
Schick Chinese [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Taking a Hit - With NOS Personna.
After great shave yesterday with the PAL adjuster , spurred on by other Members of this Forum I decided to use my Personna Injector, which was in its original packing. A much easier task than envisaged , can repack easily as the box is quite intact.
Loaded it easily with a Chinese Schick, and kept the blank. Having read that it is not easy to shave with,
I used my usual strategy of feeling for the blade angle and using short light strokes. Seems more like a cartridge razor, and required more pressure than most injectors.

I finished the Shave after 3 passes , achieving only a moderate shave which was patchy in places. The first time however in a while that I ended up with a sore face , the Alum stung a lot. An hour on , am considering
an application of Balm which I do not need to use these Days.

My verdict- the Razor looks good, but for me it ends there. The PAL adjustable [shown on Left] which is similar in look, is one of my favourites. The Personna is going back into its box !

IMG_0666.jpg

Back
Top Bottom