S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th October to Friday 13th October 2017

SOTD_20171008-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Schild - 15/16 O2 Micarta
  • Shaving Brush: Black Ship Grooming Co. - 28mm Whaler - Schooner Color (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Black Ship Grooming Co.
  • Shaving Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Peg Leg Nichols
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Peg Leg Nichols - ASL

Sun 8th October.
Omega 10005 boar
Williams Aqua Velva cream
ATT Se 1 / Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Used a cream today rather than a soap as feeling a bit self indulgent. Some consider soap to be the real way to go, but with a cream there is no problem whipping up a Lather.

I had almost forgotten how rich and creamy the Williams is , and what cushion and glide it provides. Once lathered up , the Razor just glided around the face without apparent effort and totally obliterated all growth. I have had good Shaves this week, but non match that of today in terms of ease/comfort and quality of finished Shave. Perhaps will have to re discover some of the creams that I have tucked away.

IMG_0007.jpg

8/10/17;

2486_A3_C0-_D56_C-4_B62-9_C16-_CBE6_C919_B546.jpg

Supply (••) - Personna (#2) - BC Synth - Club Cola

Second use of the Supply since it became mine. Did a great job mowing down a few day's growth. Both times I've had a bit of tingling post-shave but nothing lasting. Two passes did enough of a job for me today! Club Cola smells great and the balm really carries the scent! (@micheal)

Roll up one and all!

Sun 8th October.
Omega 10005 boar
Williams Aqua Velva cream
ATT Se 1 / Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Used a cream today rather than a soap as feeling a bit self indulgent. Some consider soap to be the real way to go, but with a cream there is no problem whipping up a Lather.

I had almost forgotten how rich and creamy the Williams is , and what cushion and glide it provides. Once lathered up , the Razor just glided around the face without apparent effort and totally obliterated all growth. I have had good Shaves this week, but non match that of today in terms of ease/comfort and quality of finished Shave. Perhaps will have to re discover some of the creams that I have tucked away.

View attachment 29840
Such a great performing and smelling cream, I also have the Menthol(green) and the Hydrating(black) versions. They are wonderful creams, shame that they are not easily available.
May I suggest that you try a Denim shaving cream, smell is fantastic and so as the performance, it may not be ideal for the coming colder days as it is cooling and refreshing as well but a proper classic.

0cfWxXIP_o.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
Parker 65R
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Geo F Trumper Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Old Spice Whitewater

My second use of the Silver Blue and first with it in the 65R, all going well until the third pass, nicked my adams apple and ATG on the tache felt tuggy. I don't think these or any Gillette branded blades are for me. I haven't tried the Platinums though, which are said to be good or the Rubies. I will try the blade tomorrow in my Fatip.

Aside from that a lovely shave, probably used too much cream but had a great lather. Had this cream since 2014 and still as good as the day I received it. No loss of scent or performance. Finished off with a nice splash of Whitewater.

Sunday 8th October
Cadman Custom
Wickham 1912 – Classic 24
Gillette Black Tip Superspeed (Birth Year - X2)
Gillette Nacet Stainless #1
Alum Wash
Rose of Bulgaria A/S
Real Shaving Co Balm
97apkXp.jpg

The Nacet blade is very sharp but also extremely smooth and gave me a really close shave from this very special razor. I may have to invest in a few tucks. The Rose A/S, a recent acquisition and was a good accompaniment to the Wickhams soap.

So overall, a very pleasant time was had.

Have you tried it with Schlick Injector blades?

Drop me a PM and I'll send you some.

8/10/17;

2486_A3_C0-_D56_C-4_B62-9_C16-_CBE6_C919_B546.jpg

Supply (••) - Personna (#2) - BC Synth - Club Cola

Second use of the Supply since it became mine. Did a great job mowing down a few day's growth. Both times I've had a bit of tingling post-shave but nothing lasting. Two passes did enough of a job for me today! Club Cola smells great and the balm really carries the scent! (@micheal)

Roll up one and all!

Back
Top Bottom