Monday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Carbon (3)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Neroli's Port

Another excellent but tuggy shave. I've read that that's a common experience with the "black beauty".

jds said:
Can't agree more. Jabonman's soaps are superb as is Myrsol. I love the Agua di Limon... it's a lemony-menthol dream...

Jon

True, I would rate both as good artisan products, even though Myrsol's not (but Senor Miquels playfullness and excellent performances, makes it a top notch and very special product compared to reg commercial brands). Tomorrows AS'll be Agua Limon :D

Today I've used the new Jabonman soap, the Citrics soap. And Myrsol Agua de Limon. Ah, what a pair! Made in heaven!
Manuel said the soap scent is, in order of preeminence: Lemongrass, bitter orange, lime, bergamot and neroli.

Saturday
Hot shower & 3p cream
SOC 2 band
MdC
Gillette Rocket HD
Perma sharp (1)
Speick AS Splash

Monday

As above with NF Tubby 2

Not tried the perma sharp blade before seems ok to me the packet said made in Russia.

old type copy with pearl handle
sputnik
semogue oc 2 band
valobra almond shaving soap
predator AS

a good close shave. found some algerian aftershave in the cupboard my brother in law got me last year. one bottle i wasnt fussed on but this one wasnt too bad, its got a sweet bay rum thing going on, and works really well as an aftershave. not the favourite AS ive ever used but ok for a bit of a change.

It's an amazing coincidence, but two days ago my wife decided to try out the extra RiMei razor that I recently purchased and liked it so much that she returned my Gillette black handle Super Speed to me. Just in time for Super Speed week over at The Shave Den!

In light of my beloved black handle being returned I decided to bite the bullet and try out a Merkur blade. I've had two Merkur blades for a while now, but I kept putting off using them for various reasons. The reality is that I don't want to waste a shave on a blade that I believe will perform poorly. The possibility that Merkur blades will live up to their infamy has kept me away, but there are a few nearly universally hated blades out there that I actually like, so Merkurs could do well for me.

To give these blades the best possible chance I broke out my C.O. Bigelow and my uber soft EMJ synthetic brush. At the last minute (and after taking the picture) I decided to make it a superlather of VDH Deluxe and C.O. Bigelow. I created mountains of thick, creamy lather and did a three pass wtg/atg/xtg shave followed by a simple cold water rinse. I could almost hear the the Psycho shower scene squeal as I began my shave, but that ominous feeling quickly went away. As it turns out, I managed a BBS shave with zero irritation and zero nicks. My skin was ultra soft and smooth, even without any post shave treatment. I know it's just one shave with a single example of this often reviled blade, but if it continues to perform, then I will have to count myself among the dozen or so folks who actually like Merkur DE blades.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Gillette black handle Super Speed
Blade: Merkur
Brush: Every Man Jack synthetic
Soap: Superlather of Van Der Hagen Deluxe and C.O. Bigelow

[attachment=8152]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375736210421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375736210421.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 32
Tuesday 6th August

Prep: Shower
Brush: Omega 10810
Soap: Trumpers Coconut, face lathered
Razor: EJ89 Barley
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

Very nice shave. This small brush held more than enough lather again for my 2 passes, easily. The soap is impressive, and so is the blade. It's probably up there with the rapira swedish supersteel as I said before, I just wish I'd ordered more! Still, I can always buy more in the future.

2 passes, nice and smooth, and feeling good. Have a great day everyone.

Morning all,

Usual shower prep
Proraso Pre Green
Proraso Green cream
Progress (#2) with Personna Red (2)
Proraso A/S

Another great shave today, Proraso never lets me down, Bellisimo !!

Tuesday morning

Gillette face wash
Prep pre shave
Kent BK2 brush
EJ DJ89
Gillette Chinese blue blade (3)
Ingrams cream
Alum and witch hazel
Proraso after shave

Nice fresh shave wit this combo today

Tuesday

Pre
Wash with soap and hot water twice
Apply Lush Dirty shave cream

Shave
EJ DE89
Tesco blade (4)
MenU Bristle brush
Edwin Jagger Aloe shave soap

Avon aftershave balm
Lush Cosmetic lad moisturizer

Rubbish shave. Usual 3 passes and still rough patches so did 4th pass WTG and finally a 5th scrape using Lush Dirty. Finally got an OK result but at the cost of much Alum sting, a nick on my adams apple and the odd little weep. Worst shave since I got the DE89. Really worked the shave soap today as well and got an excellent lather from it.
Maybe it was the soap vs the GOT cream I've been using past few days, maybe the blade was past it - though normally a weeks shaving isn't unheard of, maybe it was the lack of shower or maybe I was just too tired.

Prep face wash L'Occitane cedarwood soap
Razor Fon Golden Star full hollow 13/16
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush semogue boar in cherry
Cella crema da barba
Alum & Thayers rose & aloe toner
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Guerlain vetiver Edt

Another great shave from the Fon Golden Star.

Tuesday vi July, 2013

Shower, Arran Aromatics Peppermint and Eucalyptus soap
Neep '67 Threepenny bit extra silvertip
Dr Dittmar speziale soap / Digress HD
Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless # 3
Thayers Medicated WH
Institut Karité ASB

Super smooth and irritation free.

All the best,

Jon

Monday evening

Prep : clinique face soap and scruff
Razor : Merkur Progress XL
Blade : Personna Lab Blues
Brush : Simpson Commodore X2
Cream : Vulfix Lavender
Splash : Old Spice Whitewater.

First shave with the Progress, set on 2, very nice shave. Love the weight of the razor.

Greetings

Tuesday 6th August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Lea Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

A super easy and close shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04504.JPG