S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 3rd - Friday 9th August 2013

Gillette Super-Speed
Polsilver Stainless (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
DR Harris Eucalyptus
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Castile

Quick, two-pass tidy up. Not bad.

Do you fellas have any tips for booking last minute holidays?

Razor: Lending Pool R41
Blade: Perma Sharp Super Stainless
Brush: Vulfix 2006
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Post Shave: Cold Water Splash

My first use of this infamous razor. I found it to be perfectly balanced as far as weight is concerned. Of all the razors I've used this one really encourages the shaver to use a feather light touch. It makes a very satisfying noise as it cuts through whiskers.

Felt incredibly smooth and left me with no cuts just a very close shave. A thoroughly enjoyable experience which I'll repeat a few times before the next in line gets to try it out.

rwh8JNO.jpg

MRGLO
Fatboy
Personna Platinum (Reds) (4)
Tabac / Erasmic+Palmolive mix
Erasmic Bristle / Reddit Vie Long Brush
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum

I wanted to see whether I was correct in thinking that I react to the Tabac, so I shaved one half of my neck with the tabac and one half with the Erasmic/Palmolive mix. I do indeed have a reaction to the tabac as one half of my neck is now red raw!

Good shave none the less on the other side and these Personnas are doing well.

Rascally said:
Rubbish shave. Usual 3 passes and still rough patches so did 4th pass WTG and finally a 5th scrape using Lush Dirty. Finally got an OK result but at the cost of much Alum sting, a nick on my adams apple and the odd little weep. Worst shave since I got the DE89. Really worked the shave soap today as well and got an excellent lather from it.
Maybe it was the soap vs the GOT cream I've been using past few days, maybe the blade was past it - though normally a weeks shaving isn't unheard of, maybe it was the lack of shower or maybe I was just too tired.

Why push a Tesco blade (or any blade for that matter) to 4 shaves when they cost a matter of pence each? This is probably why you needed so many passes and, my experience is, more passes makes for more soreness.

UKRob said:
Rascally said:
Rubbish shave. Usual 3 passes and still rough patches so did 4th pass WTG and finally a 5th scrape using Lush Dirty. Finally got an OK result but at the cost of much Alum sting, a nick on my adams apple and the odd little weep. Worst shave since I got the DE89. Really worked the shave soap today as well and got an excellent lather from it.
Maybe it was the soap vs the GOT cream I've been using past few days, maybe the blade was past it - though normally a weeks shaving isn't unheard of, maybe it was the lack of shower or maybe I was just too tired.

Why push a Tesco blade (or any blade for that matter) to 4 shaves when they cost a matter of pence each? This is probably why you needed so many passes and, my experience is, more passes makes for more soreness.

I usually get more from one without problem, I'm replacing after a week usually. This time it looks like I shouldn't have. More passes = more soreness for sure. I should have stopped and made do earlier (after usual 3 passes) rather than push on. Like I said, I don't think I was awake this morning.

Leisurely shave today.

Prep: Shower/Olive Soap wash
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum
Soap: Proraso (White Tub, Sensitive, new formula)
Brush: Omega 48 pro Bristle.
Post: Thayers Witch Hazel/Wilkinson Sword Sensitive Balm.

Better after a couple of days "itchy" growth.

Tuesday 08-06-13. MUSIC: Johnny Cash - American III Solitary Man.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtV6OEXTPY[/video]

28729a2a-0f73-46e9-a1bf-a23a47a38a33.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran blonde badger 25X53 - Merkur 37C Slant - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Provence Santé - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Proraso - ASL Provence Santé.

Head shave solo today - Estupendo and uberclean doom :D
[attachment=8154]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375799560.501004.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375799560.501004.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 41
Tuesday 6th August

SOTD6813_zps82ef3450.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream bowl lathered
Simpson 59 best badger brush
Gillette Canadian 'old type'
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Very close shave from the Canadian 'old type' with a solid ball end handle. I had this razor re plated in silver recently by Dave at Restored razors. The razor looks good now and I find is more aggressive than the US version, two small weepers today from it. The date code is 313825 but what year I don't know.

Brian

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap, Cedarwood & Vetyver
Feather AS-D2, Personna Red (3)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

A very good shave overall. After my eureka moment yesterday with the angle of the AS-D2, I tried to apply it over all the various angles of my face. Probably about 95% success rate. My lower neck is the awkward bit... but then again, it always is... so a few weepers there.

Also getting on ok since I kicked the alum block into touch... don't miss it at all and I think the Clinique balm works better without it

Tuesday morning:

Nanny's French Lavender Hard Soap
Semogue 2012 SE
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
TOBS Shaving Shop AS
TOBS St. James EdC

Another top shave from the Streamline.

Todays Shave

92is.jpg

Rolls Razor Imperial No2
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Nutmeg Spice
Sierran Breeze aftershave lotion splash

Result BSS

Looks all fine and dandy don't it? well it f*****g aint, all started well and then the blade
changed its mind about wanting to shave.

So I went and got the second blade and for the most part it was ok.....but that too couldn't be arsed, so in the end I got the valet auto strop out to finish the job.

Back
Top Bottom