Blade: Treet Dura Carbon (3)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Energy
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Neroli's Port

A fine shave. No complaints at all.

782sirbrian said:
Tuesday 6th August
Very close shave from the Canadian 'old type' with a solid ball end handle. I had this razor re plated in silver recently by Dave at Restored razors. The razor looks good now and I find is more aggressive than the US version, two small weepers today from it. The date code is 313825 but what year I don't know.

Brian

Great looking razor, Brian.

Tobs Shaving Shop shaving cream
Turkish no. 6
Aristocrat (possibly no. 14)
Super Thin stainless & Supermax Blue Diamond
Witch Hazel

First try with this razor. Has the aggression I remember from my old 66 but this one being open comb it was easier to judge the angle (tram lines, or the absence of). Used a blade on either side of my face and the BD seemed smoother and less draggy. Good result but like the 66 required more touch-ups which increased the soreness. I think this would be best if i chose a set number of passes then just left it.

Shower
Face lathered TOBS coconut with FS silvertip
DE89 w/Personna lab blue (4)
Alum
Proraso splash

3 pass BBS again but very slight irritation for the first time with this new (for me) blade.

John said:
LOL I'm shocked at just how you get these little links of yours marbls, stunning simply stunning :dodgy:

I been carrying that song in my head since the early 70s. Usta listen to Johnny Otis Blues Band and Mr Vinson was with them for a while I think. He does a great version of that song with Johnny and Shuggie Otis, much later in his career.

So how would you categorize the musical style? Jazz do you think? Possibly Swing? It's a real bare bones version, but I enjoyed that number.

Martin

-Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
-Semogue 2000, shaving brush
-Klar Kabinett, shaving soap
-Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College After Shave Lotion

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-7-08-2013-2.JPG

This soap is absolutely fantastic! I am thinking of buying an aftershave that will be a better match. D.R. Harris Pink maybe?

Wednesday vii July, 2013

Shower, Savon de Provence Shea Butter
Frank Shaving Pur Tech Synthetic
Figaro P.160
Feather Hi-Stainless # 1
Thayers Medicated WH
Zirh Post Shave Solution

I award this shave 9/10.

All the best,

Jon

Wednesday morning

Gillette face wash
Prep pre shave
Kent BK2 brush
Proraso green cream
Gillette super adjustable 'black beauty' (@ 5,5,3)
Bolzano blade (1)
Alum and witch hazel
Mr Taylor's after shave

Lovely smooth result, a DFS

dodgy said:
John said:
LOL I'm shocked at just how you get these little links of yours marbls, stunning simply stunning :dodgy:

I been carrying that song in my head since the early 70s. Usta listen to Johnny Otis Blues Band and Mr Vinson was with them for a while I think. He does a great version of that song with Johnny and Shuggie Otis, much later in his career.

So how would you categorize the musical style? Jazz do you think? Possibly Swing? It's a real bare bones version, but I enjoyed that number.

Martin
Probably a mixture of the two martin, artists will gain influence from anywhere and everything that's ever happened to them in there lives, both jazz and swing were very popular in there day so there's a good chance that the band probably went to jazz and swing joints to "hang out,"

Probably no big deal back then just jump in the car drive to town, all suited and booted with ten ton of snake oil slapped on, hoping to get some crutch, or just chill with the music, happy days :)

Back
Top Bottom