Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 51 (7).JPG
The Rex is a joy to use, fitted with the Wizamet it has given me a very comfortable, BBS shave.
Finishing with the Pashana original has set me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

SOTD 20221223.
fdNuDWG.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream.
J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo STF.
Simpsons "Lavender & Vetiver" shaving cream.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Sputnik Teflon (2).
Novaya Zarya "Russian lavender" EdC.

Friday 23rd December

In my desire to try something else vintage and well respected by them what knows I tracked down an Eclipse Red Ring. It was being sold by the daughter of the original owner, her Dad having now passed. It was clearly well used with some minor chrome loss but was otherwise in great condition. Eclipse are best known for their hacksaw blades but like for example Segal (locks) only dabbled in razors for a while and then gave up and continued with their core business.
The razor has a blade gap micro adjustment and a small magnet on the end of handle to pick up blades. The blade setting pins are not on the cap but on the base plate has a closed comb design which together with the cap grooves is different to any other of that era I’ve seen.
So, loaded a modern Gillette (2nd use), soaped up with 1945 SV. With the micro adjuster as low as possible, so mild, I found the first pass less than smooth. Must be the blade. Reload with Personna Super (3rd use) and found that was much smoother so continued with 2 passes and pick ups for a DFS finish.
Splash on the Old Spice and here comes Christmas fellas!
Merry Christmas to all TSR aficionados

ECC69B4B-45D1-4469-A956-E40888759F2E.jpeg

Thursday December 22, 2022
Razor: RR Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Sorrentino Clown Puke/Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Anthony's ABSBR
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,508

Going down to 1 degree tonight and wind chills 25-35 below 0 degrees. Won't be above freezing again until Monday afternoon. Not the norm for Kentucky. Working my long day today and hunkering down tomorrow. Have a great day folks !
m9ObUd4.jpg

Watch out for potential brittle fracture Dave, low temperature on steel can be a problem and lead to things breaking off suddenly :rolleyes:

I gave the Admiral blade a try today. Well, two actually. Both had been soaked in alcohol for several hours before the shave. Thought I'd try two in case one was different to the other.
Both blades gave the same result - extremely draggy and very little shaved off. So these blades will be delegated to household use. At least I took one for the team! The Czech and Speake No.88 shaving soap with my Semogue 1305 did a great job protecting me from getting rear-Admiraled by these blades!

Went with one of the other arrivals from yesterday that are new to me, the Pro 500 Super Platinum. Paired it up with my replated Fatboy on 7, with the C&S 88 and using the Myrsol pre-shave, I had a superb shave. The blade gave a very close shave even against the grain but the smoothness was the real stand out feature. Apart from an occasional raspy noise I couldn't tell there was a blade in there! (Well actually I could as my stubble was disappearing!). Looking forward to giving this blade a second go in a day or two!

Finished with lots of cold water then Guerlain Vetiver EDT.PXL_20221223_114946240.jpg

Last edited:
Friday December 23, 2022
Razor: Gratiot Krect Spiral Curve Slant
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: @Graydog Cocobolo/Synbad
Soap: Sir Henry's Black Velvet
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,509

Stupendous shave today from both software and hardware. The sample of Black Velvet (Black Pepper and Vetiver Scent) made a ton of lather from a very small amount that was put into the lather bowl. The lather was creamy soft, provided great cushion/glide and slickness with a subtle scent that was there to enjoy without being overpowering. The razor never disappoints me. While I'm not sold on the slant being a better shaver because of a gullitine effect or anything, this razor just gives a smooth and micro-close shave and has always been a favorite. It's a favorite because of the shave it gives, the scarcity of them and the cool design of it since it is not the typical screw apart 3 piece design. Showing -4 degree right now and I can hear the wind howling outside about it's power and the windchill effect ( -25 to -35 I'm told till 4 pm today) it is producing so I will sit here and sip my coffee while enjoying the silence. Have a great day everyone and stay warm as I know this blast is hitting many worse than us !
n5eKWLC.jpg

FH95BaR.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 23-Dec
20221223_105318.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: B&M Smoking Bishop
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: B-20 (1)

Good shave this morning, eased off and second use of the blade was a lot smoother and still efficient. I'm still not up to crack on the ATG pass, not as easy going but still capable.

Curious to see how long these blades go, I've not tried to push these injectors all that far as I have the attention span of a 4 year old so I dive away to another format before giving them a proper run, we shall see!

Right, have to get back to wiggling the mouse intermittently and pretending to work!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Friday
I'm losing my days! Since stopping work for Christmas break, not really a clue what day it is!

It came out again seeing as @TobyC popped the 'how to shave' leaflet for the Micromatic in the acquisition thread.

Amazing what you can achieve with the correct information! A very nice shave, very close finish from 2 passes. Glad I had
Signature soap, as the whole cap against my face needed some slick cushioning, not really what I'm used to.

Attachments

• gem_mmbt_instructions2.jpg
    gem_mmbt_instructions2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20221223_143104__01.jpg
    IMG_20221223_143104__01.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 6
Friday
I'm losing my days! Since stopping work for Christmas break, not really a clue what day it is!

It came out again seeing as @TobyC popped the 'how to shave' leaflet for the Micromatic in the acquisition thread.

Amazing what you can achieve with the correct information! A very nice shave, very close finish from 2 passes. Glad I had
Signature soap, as the whole cap against my face needed some slick cushioning, not really what I'm used to.
Glad the soap was a help

Back
Top Bottom