Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

1 stick is too many!

The Arko Man with his beady little eyes and his face full of glorious lather has love in his heart for all, even his detractors.

Open your heart (and nostrils) to the Arko Man...

Worst shaving soap I’ve ever tried to use? It’s a serious contender. Cue Black Sabbath ‘Iron Man’, “I AM REDNECK”

View attachment 97833

Got a dupe of Terre D’ Hermes from the Essence Vault. Started off nice, now it’s making me nauseous. I’ve read that some compare D R Harris Windsor to this juice but all I can say is Windsor is vastly superior in every single way.

I fell down in the hall again. Can’t beat a bit of festive carpet licking especially whilst wearing one’s birthday suit. Sore as buggery fuck.

Thursday has been cancelled ‘cos it’s shit.

Why is it so bad? I've used a few hard soaps with palm oil at the top of the list of ingredients (some with good reputations) but they have all underwhelmed.

Shame to hear about your fall though, I hope you're ok my friend.

Thursday 22nd December

AL9nZEXWP9UgZUnah_LPQZojBlRIUEtlfGaKAtwcelfKjH0uYwdGAiCavEARM1yD545MZulrU4UukrWoyepwiZspEe72a0mrlNhe66x6X79ltDQogzn0omAP4hb8_1s_kMRbGI9iWMgB4IYaqtrqFcLcU9zE3w=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
L'Occitane Shaving Bowl & Razorock 400 w/HJM Professional Boar 25mm
Muhle Rocca Gold & Gillette London Bridge (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Hmmm ...

I've just enjoyed three shaves with a one-off find of a discontinued Gillette blade from the Shanghai plant called Rhino. It delivered three quality shaves. Having also recently shaved with the Shanghai plant Super Gillette Blue, I thought that the Super Gillette Blue was smoother than the Rhino and mused that the Rhino might well be the London Bridge (now).

Same razor for the first shave ... and I think the Rhino is far closer to the Super Gillette Blue than the London Bridge. It might well be that the Rhino is indeed the same as the Super Gillette Blue, just that the new stock feels a little different. Kinda like how Personna Platinum Chrome from Israel versus Germany have a different feeling (very slight) but that is just likely down to an old stock versus new stock.

Having tried the Gillette London Bridge straight after the Rhino, I'm inclined to go back on my thinking.

Still, a really sound baseline stainless shave. Enjoyed!

The Arko Man with his beady little eyes and his face full of glorious lather has love in his heart for all, even his detractors.

Open your heart (and nostrils) to the Arko Man...

Why is it so bad? I've used a few hard soaps with palm oil at the top of the list of ingredients (some with good reputations) but they have all underwhelmed.

Shame to hear about your fall though, I hope you're ok my friend.
It’s not palm oil. First ingredient is Sodium Cocoate. I’m fine, nothing I’m not used to - keep taking the pills. Christmas will soon be over….If I keep repeating that to myself, I’ll be ok.

It’s not palm oil. First ingredient is Sodium Cocoate. I’m fine, nothing I’m not used to - keep taking the pills. Christmas will soon be over….If I keep repeating that to myself, I’ll be ok.

Thanks for the info.

Not many hours until Christmas is over.

You can treat yourself to some new blades as a reward to yourself.

It's really strange, last week we had all the snow and ice - really felt like Christmas to me. Now back to grey skies and rain and I can't be bothered anymore. Sent out quite a few cards this year too and received exactly one, with the strikes it looks like it will have to sit alone on the windowsill. Heres to 2023!

This evening's frolicking by the sink was themed 'Green'

20221222_185758.jpg

Not Green - Occams Enoch
Again. Not Green - Feather Super Professional
Yes. Green it is - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Definitely green - Palmolive Classic
A green bottle anyway - ADP Colonia Club

'It's all I do Mr Satan. Type my SOTD will you? Type my SOTD will you? Type my SOTD will you?'

This Palmolive stuff really is the danglies even if it does smell like a boil wash. I keep thinking that the best accompaniment would be either Lenor or Comfort. What it does though is whip up so so easily and provide a first lather to cut in to. A top green squeeze.

Smack it altogether in a shaving kind of fashion with the world's fastest razor and voila ici, one very pleasing green shave.

And it ain't my hole they are looking in to...

SOTD: 23/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro Guard, 3rd use
Brush: Goodfellas' Wild Hog
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Proraso Blue Cream
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Christmas Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

I'll have a blue, blue blue Christmas......

01D16779-5C33-4573-99DB-647CE1786F74.jpeg

A shave of 2 halves

I hate this. It feels fake. Had a sleepless night and decided as I was up early anyway I would have a straight razor shave. 2 and a half passes went well but it was clear the edge is not upto the Fools pass, I got ATG under my sideys but the top lip and chin area was having none of it. Discretion being the better part of valour I had to finish with the Hawk V3A. Which leaves me feeling dissatisfied, as its not really a great straight shave then is it? Oh well that's the least of my worries at the moment but still, the end result is good and I enjoyed the Gothic Revival as ever.
Cannot wait to finish work tonight, despite the sub-optimal Christmas ahead, I'm desperate for a rest. Have a good one chaps.
20221223_085823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom