Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (3)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: Zingari - Wanderer

The story goes like this; not a great shave. And it's all to do with the blade choice. For some reason I don't get on with the Wilkinson Sword in any razor with one exception. It performed beautifully with Rockwell Model T V1 but otherwise a very harsh blade. And today's experience just confirmed once again what I already knew.
I deliberately used plate 3 to counteract the harshness but made little to no difference. Enough about the villain of the story lets mention the hero. And that is undoubtedly the Zingari Wanderer. Creamy, dense, cushioning lather with a lovely scent, perfectly matched by the aftershave splash. An absolute joy to use!

SOTD.jpeg

Decemboar 22 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Kent/MWF
Brush - Omega GFS Wild Hog
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

Now and again, I come across a MWF lather which is just simply exceptional, and todays one was just that. It was slick, shiny, glossy, and had great cushion too, the Omega Wild Hog was a delight to use and to build the lather with.
2nd shave with the Personna Lab Blue. It's not the sharpest blade I have used, but it's very smooth.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221222_120844.jpg

F89B27CD-6EF1-4492-9165-4498B9ED4CD1.jpeg
SOTD: 22/12/2022

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

Another great shave, the Yaqi Mellon has slipped into the den nicely. Mild, effective, and an easy daily driver, especially if you have had a close shave the day before, what’s not to like!

Worst shaving soap I’ve ever tried to use? It’s a serious contender. Cue Black Sabbath ‘Iron Man’, “I AM REDNECK”

8811086E-7AA1-4B01-A2A8-FDE2A88331FC.jpeg

Got a dupe of Terre D’ Hermes from the Essence Vault. Started off nice, now it’s making me nauseous. I’ve read that some compare D R Harris Windsor to this juice but all I can say is Windsor is vastly superior in every single way.

I fell down in the hall again. Can’t beat a bit of festive carpet licking especially whilst wearing one’s birthday suit. Sore as buggery fuck.

Thursday has been cancelled ‘cos it’s shit.

Back
Top Bottom