Saturday 26th March to Friday 1st April 2016

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

BSB2 silvertip fan
Titan Fine XL UFO titanium prototype onna Stahly head/Schick Super Platinum (NOS 1969)
XPEC preformulated scented version
Kramperts Acadian Spice Bay Rum AS and more splashed on like cologne

BBS results,

Martin

JAP201_zpsx3yoxznt.jpg
JAP202_zps8cndm8f8.jpg

I got this Beautiful Japanese Hamilton 6/8th in the Post Today..These are the Sellers pics as I cant get my Ruddy phone to down load today..Playing Funny Buggers..These Pics actually don't to it any Justice..I spoke to Jamie about it & he reckoned the Heel wasn't standard like that..He is correct..Its been ground off for whatever reason but I am delighted with it as it looks good like that & been done properly..:)

I had my Maiden Shave with it today...Three passes and a near all over BBS..The seller has done a great job because its very smooth indeed..The smoothest SR I have at the moment..Its very quiet this One..Its like a Ninja with very little Feedback..Very Nimble & Agile this Razor..Very Manoeuvrable Indeed..I am over the Moon with it..I like it a lot..In Fact I am really taken by it..:D

Billy

SOTD
Pre: Bloom Water
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Sopa: Reef Point Intrepid
A/S: Brut
Another good shave. First time for me using Reef point soaps. Very good, great performance and very slick. Scent was spot on pairing this soap with the Brut splash.IMG_3191.JPG

29th March 2016

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia 'Natural Brown' Black Pepper & Coriander
Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Face Lathered
Schick E2 & Schick (Chinese) (17)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_3131_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Pashana Original Aftershave
Azzaro Pour Homme EDT
Pinaud Eau De Portugal Hair Tonic​

1f68eb43c33c3761880d2f401bcd5350.jpg

Face washed and hot towelled
TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Oak Handled Boar Brush
Oak Handled DE Razor armed with a Polsilver SI (4th and final use as it nicked me and left some irritation)
Alum for the nicks.
Head Lube matte moisturising lotion as an aftershave treatment

Ah, Gucci Envy. I'm so envious you have this. What a bloody shame this classic fragrance was discontinued. I really loved this one in my twenties!
Envy is a big favourite of mine. I've been a bit out of the loop and only just found out it is discontinued. Gutted.
Sadly I think my bottle is a bit past its best, there seems to be some particles floating in it :(
It still smells OK though.
I've been looking into alternatives to try as I feel like I need to keep it for special occasions now.

Prep: Nannies Pre-shave Soap (Old Grey Bristle Test)
Razor: Aristocrat #16
Blade: Treet Durasharp (carbon steel)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Synthetic
Soap: La Saponeria Artigiana Almond
Post 1: Witch Hazel
Post 2: Gillette Anti Irritation Moisturiser

Two days worth of growth to deal with so out came the #16. At 84g including the solid base plate it made short work of my stubble, in fact my face this evening is still very smooth. The much maligned Treet blade did a very decent job too. I leave my razor when its loaded with one of these blades in a warm dry place and can get 4 good shaves.
841926adccd1198e37ffb8de19fcb82a.jpg

Envy is a big favourite of mine. I've been a bit out of the loop and only just found out it is discontinued. Gutted.
Sadly I think my bottle is a bit past its best, there seems to be some particles floating in it :(
It still smells OK though.
I've been looking into alternatives to try as I feel like I need to keep it for special occasions now.
I remember the floating particles being a common complaint with the original Envy formulation. Doesn't sound like its changed the scent or performance.

Back
Top Bottom