Shave of the Day - Saturday 9th April to Friday 15th April

Soap was Old Spice with a fair splash of glycerin (it was full). Still not the slickest soap I've used but in another week it'll be all used up. First time using the Gillette Stainless and them, seem nice and sharp but I'll have to hold off judging them for smoothness until I use a better soap.

Have a good weekend.
One of my favourite Brush and razor combos there Paul (Weber PH Bulldog +Chubby 2) super pic!

Reactions: p.b
Kanayama 50000 || Dubl Duck Special No.1 || Epsilon
eShave Orange Sandalwood || Fine L'Orange Noir

sjuAPdUl.jpg

Sat 9th April

Stirling Kong
MWF
Ever-Ready/ Gem Push Button
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A very nice shaving Razor, an ideal one for someone with a fairly light beard being fairly mild. With the Blade dulling [ for me ] was able to do extra polishing up strokes , without any post shave irritation.

IMG_0442.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons silvertip
'Statan (Stahly head onna UFO Titan handle)'/Feather
Super Smooth Spice Trade SC
Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice' AS (sadly, it's started to turn bad....from early 70s)

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday 9th
The razor was a gift from clients who's father is in dementia care. I had advised them to sell his razors which included 2 straights, a Gillette Aristocrat, Gillette Aristocrat jnr and Gillette Old style. Instead upon conclusion of our business they pitched up with a box of his shaving stuff and a bottle of champaign. Always a pleasant surprise when clients appreciate your efforts above and beyond simply paying my bill :)
2ivka5w.jpg

$_57.JPG

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
ERN Crown & Sword 7/8th
Leon Hardy Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

I still cant get my phone to down load so these are the seller's Pics..Darn Bugger of a Thing..I had my Maiden Shave Today with my Newly Acquired Refurbished Shave Ready ERN Crown and Sword 7/8th..The new scales are made from hand brushed and stabilized Wenge wood & Brass Fixtures..The Sellar has Done a real Good Job on this One..Perfectly Balanced & Lovely Keen Edge..I contacted him to say thanks & it turns out that he is a Surgeon & he does this to Relax..That actually didn't surprize me as this razor has been worked on with Surgical Precision..Great Shave Today..Good Karma..:)

Billy

Why , why did it take me all this time to look past the Tabac scent to try the soap?
The lather reminded me of the cream pie fights in old silent movies, really thick and dense. Great stuff.

Tabac Soap
BSSW Cocobolo Manchurian 26mm Beehive Hybrid
OneBlade Razor
Feather SE Blade (2 and last)
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme EDP
2b8e7511dcd246c008150d96b6f02e5a.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom