Shaving Bowl Round Two

arrived.png

Postie arrived :D no18 safe and home, looking forward to using it tomorrow, might just whip up some lather tonight :)

OK, so the kid at Christmas has quietened down and had a bit of a play with the bowl. Very nice to hold, very comfortable indeed. Whilst obviously a hand made piece, it is very well made. It does seem to add a little something to the lathering process, making quality lather a bit quicker than my smooth bowl. Anyway, enough rambling, here's a few photos:

AdobePhotoshopExpress_503413aa70c8462d9187a42df51d7721.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_81eb844d3e3740b597a623ea4ab2356d.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_f3f5ba9be50b4d0b9a1f4be90d22bebb.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_6ce626a5c78d477faae88298cfa8b29f.jpg

4a079dcf-44dd-4fc8-b50d-c3dd74531488.jpg

Looking forward to using it in anger tomorrow :) Massive thanks again to @Northam Saint for the efforts involved in organising and dispatching the wonderful bowls :)

It's a pleasure helping people.

Had a good evening. I'm changing from Cub leader to Scout leader, tonight was my last meeting in my cub role. I've been in that role for over five years. It's an honour being a leader, the young people are great, I have fun no they have fun too. I was presented with a card signed by them all and a nice Amazon voucher. End of an era and the start of another.

I sent the pottery a quick email to express my thanks for the bowls and included some of the pictures I posted here, I got this nice reply from Sue:

Hi Nick,
Well. What a lovely surprise to receive your email this morning. It is so good to read that your bowl is, 'a joy to use' and that you are pleased with it. Making these has been a new departure for us and Nick, my brother, who has made them all, has really enjoyed the project - he does like a challenge! I can't wait to see him and my father tomorrow so that they too can see your complimentary comments and pictures. I'm sure they will be as thrilled as I am.
It is always encouraging to hear from happy customers, so thank you.
With all good wishes for Christmas & the New Year,
Sue Juniper
(Bideford Pottery)

Back
Top Bottom