Show off your everyday briefcase/manbag

One manbag. It's darker than it looks, the camera on my phone is rubbish.

IMAG0110_zpsjuqx4xe1.jpg

Darkbulb said:
Does it look more like this?
av3hqv.jpg

Yes it does! I work in IT but have never grasped the basics of manipulating photos. Is that an automated process, needs a bit of manual work, or just a gamma tweak?

Bloody HTC One was supposed to have a really good camera, but it goes pink in normal room lighting conditions, so the flash has to be set to on, which washes things out. The compass is flakey as well.

Rufus said:
StephenShave said:
Count of Undolpho said:
And the difference between a Man Bag and an 'old fashioned Leather briefcase' is?

...about £80! LOL

Let me think now...other than price, which may or may not be the case, how about styling/design a la a traditional attaché case.

Ah! I see, styling and design. So, out of curiosity, would Stephenshaves' bag
leather%20case%20front.jpg

be a Manbag or a Gentleman's Attache Case?

I must admit I use the term Manbag purely to indicate a shoulder bag used by a man as opposed to one that needs to be held in the hand such as an attache case, which would be a handbag... if not otherwise designated.

If in fact pugh-the-special-one is right and Manbags are some sort of Girly handbag thing only used by Metrosexuals or Homosexuals or some other non-manly section of the population. Can I then change the designation of my bag to either a Courier Bag or a Laptop Bag?

Can I also describe the colour as OxBlood rather than Chilli Red? - it just sounds so much more butch.

Also does it matter that I carry a change of knickers in it, lip balm, tissues, wet wipes, nappy bags and some boiled sweets covered in fluff?

I mean mostly it's Tools, Technology, Gadgets, Manly paperwork and Fountain Pens....

All that other stuff is for the kids honest...

Ok I use the tissues.

And I ate one of the sweets.

Sigh!

What about a Tote Bag?

MrK1 said:
Well, I didn't know I needed one until the good Count posted.

Just ordered an Osprey Flap Jack.

Totally chuffed with mine still, seems to be pretty waterproof as well which is a bonus. Other thing I really like is the way the main compartment's opening is slightly constricted means the flap covers it all and seems to keep things in place quite nicely. What colour did you go for?

I went for black.
Always black.
(I have a 'thing' ocd? I couldn't cope with any other colour)

Surfdome.com have an offer on them.
£39.99 delivered with discount code 'ilovespring'

It will replace a massive Targus laptop bag that is just full of crap and weighs a ton.

Celtic67 said:
Yes it does! I work in IT but have never grasped the basics of manipulating photos. Is that an automated process, needs a bit of manual work, or just a gamma tweak?

I' m a lazy person by nature - I opened it in photoshop and clicked 'Auto correct' and then 'Save' :)

MrK1 said:
I went for black.
Always black.

It will replace a massive Targus laptop bag that is just full of crap and weighs a ton.
Is that the black with the Lime Green lining? Thought about that one as being more business but have come to the realisation I need easy to distinguish and easy to find.

Re: RE: Show off your everyday briefcase/manbag

Count of Undolpho said:
MrK1 said:
I went for black.
Always black.

Is that the black with the Lime Green lining? Thought about that one as being more business but have come to the realisation I need easy to distinguish and easy to find.
That's the one.
Hopefully will get it by Friday.

I just purchased one of these to replace a small laptop case. My Dell XPS13 fits easily as does an Ipad2. I can get cables etc in, and its very light.

2edqex2.jpg

http://www.stmbags.com.au/catalog/laptop-shoulder-bags/alley-air-small-laptop-shoulder-bag/

The Flapjack arrived yesterday.
It's perfect. Well made and really light.

Its supposed to be black, but its actually more of a dark grey. The bright green interior is a nice contrast.

More than enough pockets to hold a laptop, tablet, couple of external hard drives and a few other bits comfortably.

Glad I bought it.

Thanks again to the Count for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom