Show off your everyday briefcase/manbag

Maybe it's my age but I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a Manbag and maybe that's it you do actually wear them in the same way a Woman wears and uses her hand Bag, that's why I much prefer a small medium sized rucksack to me it's more practical hard wearing and looks cooler.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Maybe it's my age but I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a Manbag and maybe that's it you do actually wear them in the same way a Woman wears and uses her hand Bag, that's why I much prefer a small medium sized rucksack to me it's more practical hard wearing and looks cooler.

+1 No second thoughts on being metrosexual.........Fcuk NO

I'm an expert on handbags and purses especially after being married to a Woman for the past 29 years who's seems to think about them 24 hours a day, you show me a picture and believe me I'll name it Mulbbery, Hermes Birkin, Radley, Fendi those names roll off my tounge and the reason I could never see myself with a Manbag your bag looks very nice and the Billingham bag and the Maxpedition also look good, but many of those Manbags could quite easily pass for womens bags and that's definitely a no no for me.

Count of Undolpho said:
For my birthday I got an Osprey FlapJack Courier bag in Chilli Red which is sort of a brick red really. Head and shoulders better than the last one.
Holds more, better laid out, comfier to carry and has both a padded Laptop pocket and a padded tablet/paperwork pocket. Spiffing!

I got one of those a year or so ago and it does carry a lot of stuff. Very well organised with small pockets etc. Thing is, it's also quite large and I ditched it for a small Orvis haversack.

I bought a manbag a little while ago but hardly use it as it just doesn't feel right. I have a few rucksacks, but sometimes they aren't what you need, either.

I found the perfect use, flying Ryanair, you can take your main cabin baggage, then something like a handbag as well. Woo hoo! Not quite, my bloody manbag is too big for their allowance.

Sgt Barnes said:
Count of Undolpho said:
For my birthday I got an Osprey FlapJack Courier bag in Chilli Red which is sort of a brick red really. Head and shoulders better than the last one.
Holds more, better laid out, comfier to carry and has both a padded Laptop pocket and a padded tablet/paperwork pocket. Spiffing!

I got one of those a year or so ago and it does carry a lot of stuff. Very well organised with small pockets etc. Thing is, it's also quite large and I ditched it for a small Orvis haversack.

In my pre-full time IT work and pre children days I used an old gas mask bag which was more than enough for me. Nowadays I find having something I can fit a PSU and a PCIE card in or a full change of clothes for an eight yo and four yo + snacks + drinks is an essential.

If I take the kids out and about in the country then I use a 20L or 40L Berghaus rucksack. Work or round town a Courier bag is easier to manage and looks better.

Gents, this is what I use to carry my sandwiches in LOL I bought it 2 years back in a Spanish flea market, and paid less than most of you well heeled folk would drop on a bowl of shaving soap! It was missing a zip puller on the back, which I managed to buy at the same market for 10c, I just love it!

leather%20case%20front.jpg

leather%20case%20back.jpg

I know it's my age, as SWMBO never ceases to remind me that I'm like an old man on many things such as this. No "manbag", just a good old-fashioned leather briefcase for me. Not into rucksacks either. A few years ago the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition in Canada used a rucksack and was greatly ridiculed in the Press. He didn't last long in that job, but I don't think it was the rucksack.

Back
Top Bottom