Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

I dunno? I've had the injector razor now for 2 days. I know injectors are for those who don't like to handle blades, but I do like to take the blade out of a razor after a shave and clean everything up and drying the blade and the razor. The Supply Provision is very amenable to doing that. Easy peezy really! Much easier to handle an injector blade over a DE blade IMHO. I don't see any difficulty. I don't see any problem with the large blade stops? The blade is not shaving behind the stepson any injector razor? Tall stops makes it easy to insert a blade by hand. At least for me? Mostly I would be worrying about dropping the screw down the drain with the spring. Or doing the same with just the spring? That would probably be pretty easy. The razor looks great and with a couple of shaves under my belt I can see it is easy to shave with. As far as closeness I figure some experimenting with the plates and blades will be necessary. First blade used from the included blades cartridge, I noticed it had a dulled spot in its edge. I guess I have a lot of time on my hands, but that's the way the news flops for me. I like to look tools over very intensely. Especially when they look as good as the Supply Provision razor I received does! I loaded the first blade by hand and did not use the injector. I wanted to make sure I didn't scrape the sharp edge and I was careful so the blade came the way it looked at the edge. About 1/4 in. not the same as the rest of the blade. Still worked OK but probably not as sharp as it should be??? Maybe it got scraped coming out of the injector cartridge? So far I think the razor is a bargain!
I'm intrigued that you find the SE blade easier to handle than the DE. It narrower, no real side tabs and stiffer. I find it harder to handle than the DE but YMMV and all that.

So ..... First thing ....... This razor just gave me an excellent shave. With the 'aggressive' plate in, I threw that razor around my face with abandon and thoroughly enjoyed it.

As to alignment issues? ...... Here's where we are.... I present to you: Exhibit AIMG_A.JPG

Note that the blade does look to have an alignment issue. This is better seen to the naked eye, but this snap shows it to be noticeable. The left side of the blade has a slightly longer projection from under the 'hood'. As close as I can measure it without digging out some very small tools, the difference is approximately 1/4 mm from one end to the other.

Now ..... I've tested the seating of the blade; it sits square against the steel at the back of the hood. Likewise, all plates #1 to #3 sit dead square against their mating faces and hold the blade steady and firmly at both stops. The entire length of the blade, 8mm in width, is held solidly and, as far as I can measure on the spot, the blade edge is also square to the flat plane of the front of the handle where it is held. There is a very slight raise in the far right edge of the hood's face where it holds the blade, but that affects nothing and is merely a cosmetic observation.

The problem ..... is here:

IMG_B.JPG

Wander around this area, top and bottom, with a straight edge and you'll see a good bit of daylight. I'll repeat, though: The face that contacts the blade is dead square aside from that couple of mm at the right side of image one. It's the top and front edge of the hood that is under scrutiny here.

What's making this bugger look misaligned, is this:

IMG_C.JPG

A and B are slightly different lengths. Every face that contacts the blade, or functions to hold the blade, is square to the rest of the razor ........ but that edge hasn't been machined down to be dead parallel with the blade edge, making it look as thought the blade is misaligned; when in reality it's just that edge that's a bit pissed :D

Other than that ....... Feckin great bit of kit :p

So ..... First thing ....... This razor just gave me an excellent shave. With the 'aggressive' plate in, I threw that razor around my face with abandon and thoroughly enjoyed it.

As to alignment issues? ...... Here's where we are.... I present to you: Exhibit AView attachment 19318

Note that the blade does look to have an alignment issue. This is better seen to the naked eye, but this snap shows it to be noticeable. The left side of the blade has a slightly longer projection from under the 'hood'. As close as I can measure it without digging out some very small tools, the difference is approximately 1/4 mm from one end to the other.

Now ..... I've tested the seating of the blade; it sits square against the steel at the back of the hood. Likewise, all plates #1 to #3 sit dead square against their mating faces and hold the blade steady and firmly at both stops. The entire length of the blade, 8mm in width, is held solidly and, as far as I can measure on the spot, the blade edge is also square to the flat plane of the front of the handle where it is held. There is a very slight raise in the far right edge of the hood's face where it holds the blade, but that affects nothing and is merely a cosmetic observation.

The problem ..... is here:

View attachment 19319

Wander around this area, top and bottom, with a straight edge and you'll see a good bit of daylight. I'll repeat, though: The face that contacts the blade is dead square aside from that couple of mm at the right side of image one. It's the top and front edge of the hood that is under scrutiny here.

What's making this bugger look misaligned, is this:

View attachment 19320

A and B are slightly different lengths. Every face that contacts the blade, or functions to hold the blade, is square to the rest of the razor ........ but that edge hasn't been machined down to be dead parallel with the blade edge, making it look as thought the blade is misaligned; when in reality it's just that edge that's a bit pissed :D

Other than that ....... Feckin great bit of kit :p

Hmm..

@Wishbone - sorry to butt in, but just a quick note. I've had a few people contact me with the minor waviness issue you point out. I've gladly offered a v2 replacement at no charge in each case. Happy to extend that offer to anyone else as well (including yourself).

As you mentioned, the waviness does not affect the shave (or safety) of the razor at all. It's entirely cosmetic.

Really glad to know you enjoyed your first shave [emoji4]

@Wishbone - sorry to butt in, but just a quick note. I've had a few people contact me with the minor waviness issue you point out. I've gladly offered a v2 replacement at no charge in each case. Happy to extend that offer to anyone else as well (including yourself).

As you mentioned, the waviness does not affect the shave (or safety) of the razor at all. It's entirely cosmetic.

Really glad to know you enjoyed your first shave [emoji4]
Can't really ask for more than that...

Back
Top Bottom