Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

@Fergiebilly ..... You're absolutely right, mate ....... Between those monster blade stops and that gap, it does make the blade angle a little more critical and the shave a bit milder than I'd prefer for any razor set to 'aggressive'.

@getsupply ..... Patrick, I knocked those images up to illustrate that, on my razor at least, the blade 'misalignment' is only a perception due to one, non critical face being slightly off true; it's functional and well built, otherwise. I'm happy with this one, but my thanks for your offer.

If I had any criticism for the razor, it would be that those stops need to come down as close as you can get them to the safety bar and you could perhaps think about closing that gap Billy mentions a little. That would make for a more delicate, precise (and more truly aggressive) shave and also give a few more degrees of choice as regards shave angle for a little more manoeuverability about the face.

But that's just me! :)

As I said, first shave was a good 'un ...... near BBS, three passes and a touch up, a few patches here and there that could have been better but that's only because I haven't sussed the razor out yet.

Thanks a bunch for a nice razor :D

I will say that after a week with the "aggressive" plate I'm getting consistent close smooth shaves. As to the stops I think that smaller would be better. I'm going to test the "classic " plate before and after filing them down this coming weekend.

Anywho, so back to the Single Edge :)

Me, my pre-order razors are slated to arrive this Saturday. Rather excited!

Lucky you - AusPost doesn't deliver to me on Saturdays and besides mine is trapped in the biggest postal black hole of the country: Chullora

Has been there since the 28th - but only according to USPS - auspost tracking still has it in Chicago - hope to get it at least next week...

Arrived today....

2nsk8o.jpg

b4895c.jpg

First shave with mine tonight with number 2 head and schick blade.

A little underwhelmed at the moment. Will try again with number 3 as 2 felt very mild and after two passes not as smooth as I was expecting.

Hopefully will improve next go.

Wait WHAT? NOOOOOOOOO! :(
That was the whole reason I bought one. Dammit!

If the whole reason for buying a, modern razor, was based on the assumption that it takes a long discontinued blade, that doesn't even fit into all Schick razors, I do think checking prior to buying would had been a pretty good idea ;)

I think that it was called out quite some time ago that they won't fit but can't remember if it was in this thread or somewhere else.

Sorry [emoji3]

Well it's not mentioned anywhere on the GetSupply website. Must have been an oversight (easily fixed for future buyers).
I'll just have to deal with it.

I don't think one can expect anyone making a product today to list every decades old, long discontinued stuff it won't work with.

I'm pretty sure you'll live [emoji846]

I don't think one can expect anyone making a product today to list every decades old, long discontinued stuff it won't work with.

I'm pretty sure you'll live [emoji846]

Discontinued? Everything I've seen shows that they're still being made in Japan. Many kinds of blades no longer made here are still made in Asia, so yeah, I'd like to know if a new razor I bought takes the blades I like or not. Glad to see its posted here, but probably should be posted on Supply's website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112045407158?

Last edited:
Discontinued? Everything I've seen shows that they're still being made in Japan. Many kinds of blades no longer made here are still made in Asia, so yeah, I'd like to know if a new razor I bought takes the blades I like or not. Glad to see its posted here, but probably should be posed on Supply's website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112045407158?
Ah, thanks I had no idea that they were still being made. Now I might have to try to get a pack to see if there's any difference between the vintage ones and these ones.

Back
Top Bottom