Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

kas1HPv.jpg

First shave today. Plate "OO". Wonderful performance, even with the mediocre Personna included in the package.

Blade stops were felt on the face mainly during the second pass. Can't say they felt intrusive.
Chin/under nose areas were absolutely no problem for me, especially in the chin the razor does a splendid job.

Overall very solid feel, terrific ergonomics, fast and easy to manoeuvre, highly recommended (at least for now) in my book provided you have good blades aside. Simple, clean, effective.

6JH518Q.jpg

Last edited:
kas1HPv.jpg

First shave today. Plate "OO". Wonderful performance, even with the terrible Personna included in the package.

Blade stops were felt on the face mainly during the second pass. Can't say they felt intrusive.
Chin/under nose areas were absolutely no problem for me, especially in the chin the razor does a splendid job.

Overall very solid feel, terrific ergonomics, fast and easy to manoeuvre, highly recommended (at least for now) in my book provided you have good blades aside. Simple, clean, effective.

6JH518Q.jpg
Blade stops do look a bit chunky, and as some have suggested a reduction in mass may improve overall looks. This one is growing in appeal, unlike some of the ones introduced on exclusivity.

kas1HPv.jpg

First shave today. Plate "OO". Wonderful performance, even with the mediocre Personna included in the package.

6JH518Q.jpg

Great review, thanks!

Picked mine up yesterday from sorting office who relieved me of a figure just short of £20. Used this morning with an NOS Schick blade.
Shave reflections later but first some thoughts on packaging and shipping.
Initial impressions were good but a little rough round the edges. My 5 year old daughter could have executed the cut out for the head with greater precision, however the razor looked good and felt great which is what it's all about.
Now, the Shave. Interesting. Lather was the tried, tested & trusted Coates Tea Tree cream with an addition of Godrej Fresh Lime.
Pass one felt that not much was happening. Pass two saw a slightly adjusted angle and pass three a slightly different angle.
End result was a decent shave but a fair degree of irritation. Perseverance will, no doubt, lead to improvements and I will indeed persevere.
Razor looks and feels great and I am sure it will perform to a similar standard very soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got home from working away yesterday to find a nice, if not slightly battered looking, package from Supply. I too had a text from my wife earlier in the week asking why we had to pay twenty something pounds to customs!

Everything inside looked fine and was impatient to give it a try. I got the package with razor, tallow, brush and aftershave lotion so just jumped straight in with the whole lot.

I'm used to using an Omega brush so a synthetic brush didn't worry me and soon had a decent lather and was ready to put blade to face. I tentatively started with some short light strokes and...nothing. The only thing removed from my face was foam. I adjusted my angle and tried again...nothing. What was going on!? After a few moments panicking about receiving a faulty razor or buying some absolute rubbish I decided I should try another blade before jumping to conclusions. New blade in and tried again...success!

It could have been a duff blade or maybe I didn't open the plate enough when loading and ruined the edge. I'd like to hear if this happens to anyone else.

I found the razor to be mild but efficient and had a very close comfortable shave. It wasn't perfect but I wasn't expecting it to be first go. The weight and feel of the Single Edge is very reassuring in the hand and I imagine this being my go to razor most days. I found the aftershave lotion very soothing, was absorbed nicely, and has a pleasant fragrance.

I like the Single Edge a lot. About to order some Schik blades to try in it next!

First shave
28318709476_6e0579faf3_k.jpg

For my first shave I chose the following. As these are top performers for me with any razor.

Razor: The Single Edge (Middle insert)
Blade: Feather AC. cutdown
Brush: JR#75 Pure Black Badger.
Soap: WSP Lavenderwood. Makes lather almost on scale of Haslinger.
AS: VIBR

I went about this shave as I do all shaves. I take a nice hot shower and wash my face several times with Dove bar soap. I find this softens my face and beard nicely. Once done with my shower I proceed to load my brush and get to face lathering.

Having loaded my favorite blade, Feather AC. Started my first pass. I found the angle to be very easy to find and hold. I noticed too that I do prefer to have the top of the razor just off of my face. That way I can feel exactly what the blade is doing. The feedback is a nice solid sounding type of noise. Even with just this first shave I can tell that the feedback will be of great help when shaving to keep the correct angle. I found the razor to just glide over my 2 days worth of growth. I was fully expecting by how it slid that the reduction would be supreme.

I finished up with the pass and gave my face the once over. The reduction was not as good as I was hoping. Very good mind you, but not how it felt like it should have been. On to pass 2

My second pass XTG went just as smooth as the first. I cannot stress enough how smooth this razor is. It feels supremely safe. I never felt it wanting to bite me at all. Anyhow checking the reduction on pass two was more like it. The reduction on this pass was on par with any of my bit milder razors. I am talking about my G1. On to the third.

Third pass ATG I have gotten into the habit of taking short buffing strokes where ever I can. I find that this cleans me up to where I seldom need to do any cleanup. On my upper lip I found this to shave ATG with no issues at all.

Once I finished my third pass with no touchups I rinsed my face with hot water and applied the Osma block. No feedback and very mild sting only jaws. This is not out of the norm. On to my post shave cleanup ritual. I leave the Osma block on while I clean my brush and razor. Then since off my soap tin and put it all away. I then since my face with nice cold water. This gets everything nice and taught feeling. I then apply my AS. I chose VIBR because it will really let me know if I abused my face. So on it went. Nada nothing. This was a VERY enjoyable shave.
a DFS first time out.

Things of note.
After reading about some who found the blade stops to be a bit intrusive. I payed attention to that. I found them to not bother me much. I can however see where one may not like that. I think it will not be an issue for me at all.

Balance of the razor. I found it to be just about perfect for me and my natural grip. I did not need to modify it at all. This is a great thing for me. The weight of the razor will take me a few shaves to get used to. Not a bad thing at all just different. As I always try to keep a feather touch and a very light grip, I did not find the weight to be a hinderance to my style of shaving. No irritation another good thing.

Ease of loading. As I loaded a cut down feather. I found the quick release to be a godsend. 3 seconds to load the blade.

I really cannot find any problems with this fine razor. I do find that the middle insert is a bit mild for me. So my next shave I will use the 3 dot. I will stick with this razor for a good week or two.

My plan is as follows.
Shave 2 use feather with base 3. If I find this to suit me I will give it 2 more shaves on that.
I will then switch to the Dog's Danglies for the ultimate blade. Really looking forward to that blade.

Looking at the design. I believe I may try to do something about getting a twin to fit. I have 2 ideas that do not require altering the razor in any way. Stay tuned for these experiments.

My hats off to "The Single Edge" for one fine razor. You should be proud of yourselves.

Tom

Got home from working away yesterday to find a nice, if not slightly battered looking, package from Supply. I too had a text from my wife earlier in the week asking why we had to pay twenty something pounds to customs!

Everything inside looked fine and was impatient to give it a try. I got the package with razor, tallow, brush and aftershave lotion so just jumped straight in with the whole lot.

I'm used to using an Omega brush so a synthetic brush didn't worry me and soon had a decent lather and was ready to put blade to face. I tentatively started with some short light strokes and...nothing. The only thing removed from my face was foam. I adjusted my angle and tried again...nothing. What was going on!? After a few moments panicking about receiving a faulty razor or buying some absolute rubbish I decided I should try another blade before jumping to conclusions. New blade in and tried again...success!

It could have been a duff blade or maybe I didn't open the plate enough when loading and ruined the edge. I'd like to hear if this happens to anyone else.

I found the razor to be mild but efficient and had a very close comfortable shave. It wasn't perfect but I wasn't expecting it to be first go. The weight and feel of the Single Edge is very reassuring in the hand and I imagine this being my go to razor most days. I found the aftershave lotion very soothing, was absorbed nicely, and has a pleasant fragrance.

I like the Single Edge a lot. About to order some Schik blades to try in it next!
Its So Easy to Run a Blade Across the Stops in any Injector when Loading it..Its Common when Folks are Not Used to them & Needs a Constant Mindfulness even for the Experienced Injector User..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom