Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

Had my very first shave with the Single Edge this morning.
I decided to start 'in the middle' and used the medium aggressive base plate.
Loading a blade into it proved to be no more tricky than loading many vintage injector razors I've used where you have to wiggle it just a bit to align it correctly. If anything I think they overplayed the loading issue.

The shave itself was really, really pleasant.
The mid-base plate was rather mild to me. I'm very curious to try out the three-dot one next.
I'm already hoping that maybe down the road Patrick will offer a four-dot base plate for those that prefer a more aggressive shave but let's see what the next base plate provides :)

The good:
Great feeling razor when holding it. Solid, sleek and with a very nice weight to it.
I own a number of the original Personnas that this razor pays some design homage to and it's a better (read: more efficient) razor than any of those vintage Personna ones (I always found them to be too mild and not overly efficient).
Two passes and I came away with a very clean and comfortable shave.

The challenging:

I did end up having a difficult time getting the area just under my nose clean shaven - and I mean the 3-4mm right under the nose. The remaining 98% of my face and throat was very smooth.
I'll play around with some angles and another base plate to see if I can dial it in.

Wishlist
* Ability to order spare screws. I already anticipate losing mine.
* A four-dot base plate

TL;DR: Great shave, a bit challenging right under the nose, really happy with it.

347cpau.jpg

They abandoned him two weeks back at the empty house right next door to us.
He was full of fleas, destitute, crying - would not give him much time.
I heard his cries for help so had to save him. He is now officially adopted and, under training!

That's brilliant, really glad he found you then. My last cat was an abandonment.I was happy in a way that whatever the circumstances, we found each other. I had seven of the very best years with him.

Had another shave with the Single Edge this morning (Shave #2)

I upped the level of aggression to the OOO base plate and it did indeed change the shave quite a bit.
Loaded a blade from the pack and once again no real issue at all with the blade loading or alignment.

The shave:
I think this is much more what I had expected (as I like a more aggressive razor) - very efficient but still buttery smooth when shaving. I truly enjoyed the razor and the shave :)

The problem area below my nose did still somewhat remain and I think I figured out why...the tabs on the razor is are such so that they don't allow the very edges of the blade to be used for buffing these areas (a practice (good or bad) that I've picked up from using razors like the Mongoose, Cobras, etc).
I changed the technique to instead doing ATG strokes using more of the middle of the blade and that took care of 'the problem'. :)

Summary

Very happy with the razor and rather thrilled to have been part of at least the pre-order run :)
(Btw, the blade release 'feature' is great - regardless if it was intended or not).

11c4ehj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom