Soap A Week Club (SAW)....voting for next week's soap

Hiya Scratch I posted earlier to determine if any members were interested, no PM's so far. So I'm happy to choose next week's soap. I'm going back to heavily scented soaps, so next week's soap will be Saponificio Varesino. One of the best. I shall be exclusively using Mana Di Sicilia, as this is all I have.

Good stuff, Nishy. That's not one I have so I'll take the opportunity to try some new soaps which arrived this week and have been whispering "try me!" from the cabinet since they got here. :)

I was pondering running next week's SAW with TOBS creams but now you've mentioned Saponificio Varesino I think that's a great idea. I have a love/hate relationship with my Fern soap (love the packaging and scent / hate that the scent is very mild and I don't get the lather others seem to get). It would be good for me to battle with it for a week.

I was pondering running next week's SAW with TOBS creams but now you've mentioned Saponificio Varesino I think that's a great idea. I have a love/hate relationship with my Fern soap (love the packaging and scent / hate that the scent is very mild and I don't get the lather others seem to get). It would be good for me to battle with it for a week.
I sold my fern similar experience to yourself. Bought the Mana (must be the ash) and the scent and performance were much more to my liking.

Hiya Scratch I posted earlier to determine if any members were interested, no PM's so far. So I'm happy to choose next week's soap. I'm going back to heavily scented soaps, so next week's soap will be Saponificio Varesino. One of the best. I shall be exclusively using Mana Di Sicilia, as this is all I have.
I've 3 Shavedash samples of SV, so might join the club - although as an anti-disciplinarian I find it hard to be disciplined to use the same soap/brand for a week. Of the 3 my favourite is Dolomiti.

I've 3 Shavedash samples of SV, so might join the club - although as an anti-disciplinarian I find it hard to be disciplined to use the same soap/brand for a week. Of the 3 my favourite is Dolomiti.
Dolmiti is pure class join in as and when you like it's all fun :)

That's great. Have to perambulate with my SV FA, from drawer to den. This soap is very all around first class, but I see many users can't use it several times in a row. I hope find out what happens with this... With the others SAW SV shaver's help.

Last edited:
So what would members like to see for the next SAW? Any problem soaps members may want help with or just a very enjoyable soap. Opinions wanted cheers!

I've not had any of the soaps mentioned so far in my small soap collection.

How about Wickham? I've a sample of Stirling and Catie's Bubbles to work through too.

Suppose I need to buy more soap at some point.

New OSP scents aren't in the wild yet:

I would like to announce my 5 new scents of shaving soap are now available for pre-order!
This will be until midnight on Sunday 14th February, with all orders being posted on Monday 15th.

We should really allow a few weeks for them to land, but a good idea then

In the meantime I would certainly concur with a Stirling as a choice as it's at least reasonably widespread

Another reasonable possibility might be De Vergulde Hand or taking pure self interest into account (as I have samples), Chiselled Face, Mikes or Dusy / Klar Kabinet

Last edited:
I'd suggest scent weeks, as Almond, Eucalyptus /Peppermint, Eau de cologne, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Unscented... So we can mix Brand week, product week and scent week. An endless SAW and lot of fun with people in and out regarding soaps we have, wish try or needed for a good cause to be bought...

Back
Top Bottom