Soap A Week Club (SAW)....voting for next week's soap

My third use of MWF - I went back to a 2 band badger today after using the mixed badger/boar yesterday. It seems that loading gets easier when the puck is in daily use - I just dribbled a little hot water onto the top for a minute or so and almost immediately could stop loading. Although I'm happy enough with the performance, it's one of those soaps that seems to get everywhere but without giving you that consistent thick cream when applied. I'm ready to move onto another one but don't have any Nannys.

@Scratch - if you do run it next week start a new thread with the soap name in the title so that the reviews will be easier to find in future.

@UKRob good idea, Rob. Like the SOTD has a new thread each week?

I'll do that, unless anyone can think of a reason why not.

Another thing I was thinking was, if we post a SAW shave in SOTD, label it somehow (perhaps add "SAW" after the soap name, and make it a link to the relevant SAW thread). It might spark some curiosity and lure more people in.

I'm thinking Nanny's Silly Soap, Moroccan Sands, Original Recipe (the soft soap in a tin, not the hard puck).

I hope enough of us have it.
That's pretty restrictive. I'd say only a few have that soap. Better would be to name a soap brand as the SOTW (ie. Nanny's) and leave it at that. Or a 'flavor/scent' of the week (ie. Almond).
Just an idea.

That's pretty restrictive. I'd say only a few have that soap. Better would be to name a soap brand as the SOTW (ie. Nanny's) and leave it at that. Or a 'flavor/scent' of the week (ie. Almond).
Just an idea.

Fair enough, any Nanny's soap. That's any type (soft, olive oil recipe, hard etc) and any scent, to get a general overview. That sounds good to me, I have two different tins of Nanny's here, one of which I haven't tried yet.

Last edited:
MWF shaves are going well, have opted to take a break from the soap, just a little 'clogging' .

Unfortunately I don't have any Nanny's, sold my last tub. Good stuff though so will sit out next week, all over to you Scratch. I personally would keep this separate from SOTD but change the title.

Apologies, I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm not suggesting to merge SAW & SOTD.

The suggestions are:

• To start a new SAW thread each week.
  • If posting a shave in SOTD, as normal, AND you're participating in that week's SAW, add "(SAW)" after the soap name in your SOTD post and link it to that weeks SAW thread.
Like this:

Soap: Mitchell's Wolf Fat. (SAW)

Last edited:
Fair enough, however you wish Scratch. Anyone else interested in putting a soap forward? If not I can continue to confirm the soap for the following week(s) after a week of Nannys.

Fair enough, however you wish Scratch. Anyone else interested in putting a soap forward? If not I can continue to confirm the soap for the following week(s) after a week of Nannys.

Thanks Nishy. Unless I hear any different, the new thread for next week's SAW will be posted late tomorrow evening, ready for Sunday.(I'll post a link to it in this thread), and from Sunday. the SAW soap will be Nanny's Silly Soap, any soap type and any scent.

Returning to the current SAW, I won't be shaving again until we've moved on to the next soap so I'll briefly summarise my thoughts after a couple of MWF shaves.

I think it's a very, very good performer. I had no lathering issues and had no problems applying a face-full of thick lather each time. Protection was very good, even against the fierce SE blade, as were glide and slickness. Post shave was very good too, and only the scent was slightly lacking in my opinion. Although in no way bad smelling, it isn't my favourite scent.

Overall, a very solid performer and it's very easy to see why this is such a popular soap.

Last edited:

This week being my alternative Cella week has seen me almost finish the tub!
Nanny's is a good choice for me next week. I have "Vanilla", "Warm Spice" and "Cedarwood & Vetyver (hard)" so as the Vanilla is almost empty I'll have a week of that.
See you all in next week's SAW thread.

OK, then Nanny's. I keep a Lavender scent from this artisan. I give away Yushu to my brother in law. These are very French style soaps (Potassium salts, instance of Sodium ones). People who know about them tell avoid water over them as we do with MWF. Lathering properly needs a Bachelor...

Last day of MWF. I haven't been able to tune it in to be honest very hit and miss. Scent wise is mediocre so it's back to the rotation drawer.

I don't have any Nannys but after two mild scented soaps I'm glad to have my SV MdS on standby for tomorrow :)

Nishy, people claim for some American scents from Cattie's, B&M, MNS, Queen Charlotte, Mama Bear, AoS... lot of them. Seems they are far more free to mix than European chemist (here most soaps smell between Lavender and Eucalyptus... and some citrus for the brave, IMO). I understand MWF is bore. +1 Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica or Manna de Sicilia in the close future.

Hiya Scratch I posted earlier to determine if any members were interested, no PM's so far. So I'm happy to choose next week's soap. I'm going back to heavily scented soaps, so next week's soap will be Saponificio Varesino. One of the best. I shall be exclusively using Mana Di Sicilia, as this is all I have.

Back
Top Bottom