Prep: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger
Razor: Ed Wüsthof 110 'Pearl King' 13/16" full hollow
Soap: MWF
Astringent: Osma Alum
Balm: Woods of Windsor
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon's Castile

SOTD-13-05-01_zps313d2c3c.jpg

Notes: Good close, 2-pass shave, virtually no irritation. Razor lived up to expectations.

Hot shower
Proraso pre, white
Simpson Colonel X2L, Cella soft soap
Weber Polished, Rapira SS (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer
Gaultier Le Male cologne

It would have been the Shave of the Gods... but I got a tiny weeper on my neck... shame... heh! heh!
I actually like all of my soaps, but I'm tempted to get a ton of Cella... still not sure if I'm eating it in my sleep!

Steve, get a ton of Vitos Supercrema instead. On offer at Connaught and obscenely cheap for the amount you get. Same texture, same smell but not quite so pungent and brilliant, slick, nourishing lather.

Monday's Rasp

• Gillette English Red Tip Superspeed w/BiC
  • Hand-carved Ash boar
  • Ingram
  • Witch Hazel
  • Barbershop Bay Rum
  • Astral
  • Vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne
Getting the hang of these vintage razors at long last - good, refreshing shave. :D

Green SOTD

Razor: Heljestrand MK31
Brush: New Forest High mountain Badger
Cream: Truefitt & Hill Grafton
AS: Truefitt & Hill Grafton

Shave was smooth and effortless
DSC03738_zpsac146788.jpg

Birk & Ronja decided to join me outside in the sun :)
DSC03755_zps30d8efcc.jpg

Gairdner said:
Steve, get a ton of Vitos Supercrema instead. On offer at Connaught and obscenely cheap for the amount you get. Same texture, same smell but not quite so pungent and brilliant, slick, nourishing lather.
Glad you like it! I love it too and confess to have bought a 1kg block some time ago as it was silly cheap.

NotTheStig said:
Gairdner said:
Glad you like it! I love it too and confess to have bought a 1kg block some time ago as it was silly cheap.

'oo 'eck! Now that's got me thinking. I'll have to give Vitos a try now. Trouble with the Cella is... I rather like "pungent"!

Afternoon, all.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle, shimmed
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Erasmic Supreme
A/S: Superdrug's Cool Water

Very good shave ending with the Cool Water which, unfortunately, is no longer available. I really like Sierran Breeze as a replacement but I wish they'd kept the Cool Water as well.

Wednesday 1st May

sotd1513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1955 Redtip superspeed
Voskhod (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Lovely comfortable shave.

Brian

Prep: Nivea Face Wash, Cold Water
Soap: MdC
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber WH, Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M Lotion
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Tried out some new goodies today: MdC soap, Commodore 3X and stainless Feather razor. Feather is extra-smooth yet seems quite efficient for such a mild razor. On its first outing and with a 2-day growth the angle wasn't as hard to find as I had read it might be. Hope to improve further with the next few shaves. Pleased with the result.

Yeah but with the vitos you get 1000ml for almost the same price as 150g of Cella. If anything, I actually find the Vitos better. Thanks to young Alex of the Smallbeard for a muckle lump. I've got 11 tubes (all good ;)) of the big I, 14 of RSC Shave2 (several to be heading out shortly to fellow forumites), two Trumper's coconut soaps (I really like these despite the negative reviews) and several other odds and ends so SWMBO just wouldn't wear a big block of this arriving on the doormat. I am very curious about their coconut soap too but I have this inbuilt notion that I must buy British - trouble is I've not used a British soap as good as the Vitos. Even MWF isn't as good for me.

Wednesday, 1.v.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1800
D. R. Harris Marlborough
German bakelite slant
Super Iridium
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida & ASL

P1070156.jpg

A good shave, returning home, after a short vacation trip :)

Gairdner said:
Yeah but with the vitos you get 1000ml for almost the same price as 150g of Cella. If anything, I actually find the Vitos better. Thanks to young Alex of the Smallbeard for a muckle lump. I've got 11 tubes (all good ;)) of the big I, 14 of RSC Shave2 (several to be heading out shortly to fellow forumites), two Trumper's coconut soaps (I really like these despite the negative reviews) and several other odds and ends so SWMBO just wouldn't wear a big block of this arriving on the doormat. I am very curious about their coconut soap too but I have this inbuilt notion that I must buy British - trouble is I've not used a British soap as good as the Vitos. Even MWF isn't as good for me.

Going to have to try Vitos now. 1kg of Cella works out v cheap compared to 150 gms, but not as cheap as the Vitos. I don't particularly want to buy just the very cheapest... but in the weird world of soap you do seem to get some very good stuff at very good prices

Back
Top Bottom