Prep....Shower~MWF soap
Razor....Wolfman Guerilla
Blade....Wizamet Iridium Supers
Soap...Stirling ~ Bergamont Lavender
Brush....BSSW ~ Gonzo
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....BBB PS Balm, Jojoba oil
Scent....club de nuit by Armaf

Well my first shave with the wolfman was underwhelming, it's a good razor and left me with a BBS finnish but for some reason I was expecting more! I think it's because I've been wanting one of these for so long that in my mind the first time I used it something magical would happen and of course it didn't but to give it its due it did produce a very good finnish. Talking about finnish, the finnish on this razor is outstanding, it's an extremely well made razor and very well balanced.
You have to shave riding the cap to get the BBS I was after but it did it and with some style but as I said I was a little underwhelmed so I my pass it on or I may keep, I'm not sure yet!

@Blackmass

Have a great Sunday ya all.......:)

Thanks for the tag Paul.
Shame you weren't blown away. I loved everything about it apart from the shave. Gutted it did work for me.

At least it's saved yourself 'some' cash, "every cloud" as they say.:)

Last edited:
Saturday 29th

Bath / Nivea Men Active Wash
Truefitt & Hill No 10 Cream
Razorrock 400 PlIssoft Nor
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Wilkinson Sword old English stock (4)
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Prorsso Green ASL
Yardley 1770 EDP

It never ceases to amaze me how little of this cream is needed to create masses of lather. I could have shaved twice more with the mountain of peaks that was left over.
First bowl lather for weeks was very satisfying having face lathered with soaps recently.
The Wilkinson blade began to wain towards the end of the shave, but 4 smooth shaves isn't bad for any DE blade in my book.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag Paul.
Shame you weren't blown away. I loved everything about it apart from the shave. Gutted it did work for me.

At least it's saved you some cash, "every cloud" as they say.:)
Thanks Rob, it shaved well but I think I had just over hyped it in my mind! I have put on BST for a couple of days before I move it to Ebay.
I've been wanting a Wolfman for so long I had given up but now I have one it didn't live up to the hype in my mind! :)

Sunday

Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Vitos Green Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Fatip Piccolo razor with a BIC Chrome Platinum (#1)
Alum Block and rinse
Vifrex dopo barba mixed with Williams Aqua Velva

First use of the Piccolo for quite a while. A lovely 3 pass BBS with no issues whatsoever. The Omega brush is beginning to break in nicely. Seems like a lot of effort on a cheap and cheerful brush...but it is almost indestructible and is really good with soaps.

Enjoy what is left of the weekend!

SOTD: 30th July 2017.
B.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Coconut & Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Palmolive Men 'Classic'.

Razor: Gillette Guard.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Brut ~ Oceans Aftershave .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Today i decided to omit my usually DE razor & blade set up, and give my Gillette Guard a run out as i only occasionally use it for touch ups quickness, and travelling, visiting family & friends purposes etc.

The verdict....

I consider the Gillette guard one of the best value for money SE disposible razors on the market , not because of it's price no, for a single edge disposible it delivers a DFS, ok not to BBS standard, like a DE razor does but for quickness they are excellent, especially if you want a quick acceptable shave it's a brilliant razor..

It's got a few negative points, which are,you can only buy the Gillette guard online, which isn't a major problem,i suppose if you order in advance... with it been a plastic disposible razor it'll end up been thrown into a landfill site which will harm the environment , or worse dumped into the sea,poisoning fish & other sea-life..

The handle is nice and long, for me, it's too light, i've modified mine by cutting a small piece of metal bar and inserting into the hollow end of the handle,then sealing it with Sealant mastic, which has added more weight, resulting in me adding less pressure to the razor.,and less chance of causing irritation to the skin through adding too much pressure.

The head doesn't clog up, due to been "openComb"another excellent feature and it's swivel head is very easy to adjust to..once you get use to not applying pressure to the razor.All said, a good disposible SE razor,it's not a razor that would covert me back to using the Cartridge/Disposible razor method of shaving even though they do give a decent shave, i find that it only lasts for a few hours..but hey, for quickness it delivers a DFS, and that's all i personally need sometimes..I'm not on a obsessional quest to get a BBS finish every time i shave.

It also doesn't give me the urge to shave and dance at the same time when i do shave with it like in the advert....

A acceptable 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut 'Oceans' A/S.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
This Extro stuff is starting to grow on me.

Extro Positano Soap
ATT R1 Bamboo
Personna 74 (13)
Some Spanish brush maker 26mm Manchurian
Extro Positano EDT
17d3429b6170262a28f92463c791adfb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the cream. Do you rate the aftershave?

Also noted your 'brush' description too.;)

I'm a big fan of the cream. Do you rate the aftershave?

Also noted your 'brush' description too.;)
Haha! I don't like creams in general so I prefer harder soaps but the opportunity to get a soap and splash combo without having to jump through various hoops appealed to me. The splash has a decent scent strength but I'd say only lasts 3 or 4 hours on me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greetings

Sunday 30th July 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ninfa
Blade: Filarmonica
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Cyril Salter
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Miller Harris L'Eau Magnetic

My first shave with this razor which was unused and the two blades unhoned; the blades which according to the box are Filarmonica's are extra extra hollow ground and the one I have honed was the easiest blade to hone I personally have ever come across, it has probably taken the best edge of all my 'wedge' blades. It clearly is a very delicate blade. The razor is made in the style of a Mulcutto with no blade stops, the blade being held in place by the very powerful spring clip holding the blade down and forcing it back because of the blade hollow onto the spine stops. The spine stops are adjustable to compensate for the shortening of the blade with wear and can also be used (as I did) to produce a bit more blade protrusion to increase the razors aggression, otherwise this is a fairly mild razor.

Whilst I paid plenty enough for the razor I am thrilled with it and to get a Mulcutto style razor with new blades is very difficult, Mulcutto blades are wider than standard blades so one of these razors no matter how good without usable blades is a paperweight.

The shave was superb!

Regards
Dick.

30.7.17.JPG

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
OSP Neroli Soap.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic.
Little Wren Pottery.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Perma-Sharp (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Neroli Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

The Neroli soap and Aftershave has a lovely, subtle scent, and the 6C combined with the Perma-Sharp produced a thoroughly enjoyable 3 pass BBS shave. I have just clawed my way on to the back of the BBA bandwagon and I'm pleased I did. Marvellous products!

30/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Wickham's Classic 24
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - DE89
Blade - Lord Classic SS (1)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

I absolutely love the smell of the Wickham's Classic 24 and the performance is incredible, but I'm not sure my face quite reacts well to the soap possibly down to the fragrance? First time using a Lord Classic SS, seems very similar to a Shark SS - not sure I'd be able to tell the difference between the two.

Greetings

Sunday 30th July 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ninfa
Blade: Filarmonica
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Cyril Salter
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Miller Harris L'Eau Magnetic

My first shave with this razor which was unused and the two blades unhoned; the blades which according to the box are Filarmonica's are extra extra hollow ground and the one I have honed was the easiest blade to hone I personally have ever come across, it has probably taken the best edge of all my 'wedge' blades. It clearly is a very delicate blade. The razor is made in the style of a Mulcutto with no blade stops, the blade being held in place by the very powerful spring clip holding the blade down and forcing it back because of the blade hollow onto the spine stops. The spine stops are adjustable to compensate for the shortening of the blade with wear and can also be used (as I did) to produce a bit more blade protrusion to increase the razors aggression, otherwise this is a fairly mild razor.

Whilst I paid plenty enough for the razor I am thrilled with it and to get a Mulcutto style razor with new blades is very difficult, Mulcutto blades are wider than standard blades so one of these razors no matter how good without usable blades is a paperweight.

The shave was superb!

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 27564
Congratulations on a gorgeous looking razor you have there Dick.

Back
Top Bottom