SOTD : Saturday 16 July - Friday 22 July 2022.

xOSEuJ4.png

Thursday 07.21.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-band badger
Soap: ‌OSP Urban Viking Shaving Soap

SOTD : 21st July 2022.

j6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D2.)
Razor: Supply V2.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Original ASL+ Splash-On Lotion./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

An enjoyable shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

Another week of comfortable acceptable shaves.

After my introduction to to injector razors with the wonderful Schick G i pushed the boat out and purchased the Supply V2 along with the Parker InjRzr in the same order to further my passionate curiosity to try out a modern injector.

The Build & quality standard of the Supply V2 is the best razor i have purchased to date...The weight is much heavier than my other Injector razors, which is something i like in a razor. However the first few shaves it wasn't quite as easy to manoeuvre as the Schick G type injector but since then, i have adjusted to the extra weight, which i now find an added bonus.

The handle doesn't feel slippery, despite being smooth it feels grippy and good to hold making the razor feel well balanced...The added bonus i like about the supply V2 is you can disassemble to clean it, and you don't need an injector key to change the blade like you do with most other injector razors.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your day Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
21/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 29 (6).JPG
The King of the AC SE razors (for me) has just given a wonderful, close, comfortable shave, nice that:giggle:
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thu 21 SOTD
Soap Cella Milano
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave Cella Milano Splash
The soap scent is pleasant but way too light, similar to the aftershave...but the lather qualities are great though...
Razor is good for today's shave. Nicely smooth and keen edge after the 0.1um pasted balsa and kanayama strop. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220721_105945.jpg

21/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
View attachment 90917
The King of the AC SE razors (for me) has just given a wonderful, close, comfortable shave, nice that:giggle:
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Tony

Your dedication to Proraso Green is to be appluded !
It seems to be a little over-looked, what with artisan offerings being so abundant these days.

Wednesday 20th July

Soap • Wickham Super Smooth Bay Rum
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post • Boots Bay Rum

Inspired by @Digimonkey I went with a Bay Rum shave.
Wickham Super Smooth isn't seen in SOTD posts much these days. It took some digging around in the den to get it out into the daylight, and it was worth the effort.
It's one of those soaps that seems to froth at the sight of a mildly damp brush, producing copious amounts of lather with ease.
The Bay Rum scent isn't as strong as the OSP offering, but it's nice enough.
It's residual slickness is just adequate, as if just enough is enough, not overly slippery.
GWS blades suit me fine, and I find they shave best on their third use. Still sharp, but smoothed out nicely.
I finished with a very liberal dousing of Boots Bay Rum Hair Tonic as an aftershave and body splash (this raised Mrs L's eyebrows as I wafted downstairs into the lounge!!) - she made no comment, however!

SOTD 21-July
20220711_122856.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

Simple but pleasurable shave, treating this soap like I hate it at the moment just in an attempt to see if I can make a dent, thus far little progress. It doesn't help that the rotation is a little too large but it's difficult to say that that's a problem, apart from the rolling eyes from the other half when another lands on the doorstep.

Smooth and ready for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 21/07/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Green Aftershave
Balm: Prorasso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist

Now I have a tube of it I'm giving the Proraso Red Sandalwood cream a spin. It's all good so far and definitely going in the rotation. Of course I now have to buy the pre-shave and splash so it's all matchy matchy.

0F3441CA-8D06-48F0-8973-DDF87ADA84D8.jpeg

Tony

Your dedication to Proraso Green is to be appluded !
It seems to be a little over-looked, what with artisan offerings being so abundant these days.
Thanks Paul, however, I have an ulterior motive, the boars need a good run out and Proraso green is probably my least favourite soap, the clean up compared to other soaps is ridiculous in comparison, mainly "scummy" film on everything it touches, it could be my water, not sure, it only happens with Proraso.
The weather's hot so I challenged myself to a month on it to use it up, it will not be replaced. Got to be honest, I am starting to like the feeling of the Menthol, luckily I have some OSP which just blows this out if the water.

294136238_775278647054341_7022362948712402642_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: CF Cryogen sample
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Gillette 1974 Slim Twist
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

@Boycie83 's Terror BST yesterday reminded me that I still had a dab left of the Cryogen sent to me Si @Scorpio93 a while back. If my last shave with this monster taught me anything, it's put your contact lenses in BEFORE you get any of this on your hands :eek::rolleyes:
I do love a bit of menthol, and the cryogen's hardcore, but not overly so. Bit of a buzz and on we go. The Slim Twist with the Super Blue was exceptional.

Thanks Paul, however, I have an ulterior motive, the boars need a good run out and Proraso green is probably my least favourite soap, the clean up compared to other soaps is ridiculous in comparison, mainly "scummy" film on everything it touches, it could be my water, not sure, it only happens with Proraso.
The weather's hot so I challenged myself to a month on it to use it up, it will not be replaced. Got to be honest, I am starting to like the feeling of the Menthol, luckily I have some OSP which just blows this out if the water.
I agree about the film, Tony. It coats any surface and woe betide a brush that's not stripped of every last remnant before being left to dry!

Pre = Truefit & Hill Pre Shave Oil
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Rubie ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Cream = Geo F Trumper Sandlewood with matching Cologne & Skin Food

965E1208-6585-46F5-ABCC-C2F36D34E0D2.jpeg

First Shave back in Norway and this one was Superb.
I was a bit worried about what i brought out with me this time due to all the luggage problems so iv went with a lot of samples,
I did bring other soaps & creams but everything i brought could be easily replaced if i had any luggage issues,
Fortunately i was good & got my Two suitcases.

Im not a Trumper regular but i have to say i will be from here on in.
This shave was right out the top drawer.
My favourite Sandlewood Scent is OSP’s however i have to say this one is right up there for me.
Between this and Eucris & Spanish Leather they are all main stays in my rotation & once i get a trio to the shop i’ll probably get some others.
I really am taken back with these creams. it seems like the shaving world has all but forgotten about the soaps that were main stays a few generations ago.
Can’t wait until my next shave with Trumpers
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

21 July

Simpsons Luxury Saving Cream
Simpson Chubby 2
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

A9F3633C-39C4-40F6-BE78-EE2C0941A8FA.jpeg
A very pleasant two pass shave, the Simpson brush and cream produced a lot of luxurious lather, and the fresh GSB in the Fatboy was unbelievably smooth. Fifteen minutes well spent.

Back
Top Bottom