SOTD : Saturday 16 July - Friday 22 July 2022.

Razor = Occam’s OREN
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Expo 67 V15 26mm Fanchurian
Soap = DG Apogee with matching splash
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck
BEE9BCB2-EF29-4D4B-9470-AF03E8341E28.jpegTotal first class shave tonight & quite a late one for me.
As you all know sometimes a certain shave pops up as one of the best & this one is right up there.
The Razor i’m getting right in to, i actually don’t want to go down another Rabbit Hole & hopefully i don’t buy another SE but this was superb.
The blade was a @Boycie83 donation to the same the dosser fund
namely me lol.
The Pro Guard was magical
yes it was that good however i did think slightly milder than what i was used to but first class nonetheless
Again the V15 knot didn’t fail to whip up a wonderful lather.
I’m not really a lover of DG but i have a few & this is one of the best,
i reckon 3 possibly 4 out of the 8 i have are ok the rest are a hit or miss, with the latter probably on top.
Over a straight 10 / 10
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Last edited:
And this evening brings with it a shave themed, 'Ikon, and he is the fastest........'

No, no. I won't go there again so a simple, here it is.....

20220717_161947.jpg

666 - Ikon B1
999 - Gillette Nacet
911 - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
555 - Signature Soaps Valentia
111 - Botanics moisturiser

'Come on you smooth and sexy shavers'

One super smooth shave with super smooth results. These Nacet's perform superbly in the Ikon. A razor which deserves the best a razor can get. My legend and still probably the best razor on my planet shave.

Have some of my Beaver track of the moment. No video, just a boss tune......

Mon 18 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
Nice enough soap and matching aftershave for the scent and lather qualities...
Today's shave with this Kamisori after putting it through another full-pasted balsa progression was kinda muted. The edge was popping hairs very well but did not feel as efficient during the shave although still feel smooth. Workday rush 2passes for a sas result without any issues...
20220718_124540.jpg

18/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent face wash
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 29 (3).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 18-July
20220711_122710.jpg
Brush: AP TGN Boar
Soap: SS Baker Street (+6 Frost drops)
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: GSB (2)

Excellent shave this morning, decided to try out the Frost drops. Half built the lather on the face, threw a few drops on the brush head and finished off. Had a very subtle cooling effect, not even on the same planet with the likes of terror and such, so for menthol heads you might have to use the entire bottle, but nice enough for me. Might try upping it a little next time but we'll see.

Smooth and hopefully able to make it outside to enjoy a little bit of the weather despite having to work.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Monday 18th July
Pal Deluxe Injectomatic - Personna Stainless Coated #5 - Hampshire Wool Fat No1 - Yaqi Robin - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
y0ZtLuk.jpg

18 July

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Village Barber balm

C6CFE042-807A-4604-BC9D-A7004B179205.jpeg
A very refreshing cold water shave this morning, the Blackland brush produced an excellent lather with the B&M soap, and, the Blackland razor cleared it all away in two easy passes.

Mon 18th July
same set up on Sat 16th

Stirling Syn 26mm
Arch Brito Mogno
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 6/7 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

Shaved Sat but out door before 7am and back after 8pm, a day officiating In Bournemouth.Chilled out yesterday.
This Razor /Blade combo just works so well for me, a comfortable Shave with me being able to get a trouble free Top Notch finish seemingly every time out. Made more of a pleasure with the new handle improving the ergomics.

F5E8474E-A3DE-4FD6-A668-DCDE455DA278.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom