SOTD : Saturday 19th March - Friday 25th March 2022.

Wed 23 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Silver Star Duridium 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR + Stirling Frost Drops
An amazing underrated soap! Excellent lather qualities...rich creamy and very slick!
This shave with the razor paired with this vintage blade was another surprise. Not smooth...a little jumpy but the efficiency was good. Managed 3passes for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs finish with 3 micro red spots. The aftershaves mix was awesome and cooling!
View attachment 85926
That's definitely my favorite Karve plate.

Wednesday SOTD

U36EgR2.png

Stando SE “Rod” / Schick Proline
Gillette Foamy Shave Cream /Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)
Another quick shave. Rosie still doesn’t like being crated for too long.

78SuexR.png

Last edited:
SOTD 23-Mar
20220322_160032.jpg
Brush: Captain 2 Manchurian
Soap: MWF
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP

Good shave this morning, first outing with the captain brush, thank you @Boycie83. Unsurprisingly didn't feel anywhere near as dense as the Chubby 2 Manchurian, which frankly was a bit of relief. I like the Chubby but don't love it, this one I may get on better with but a little time will tell. It may be that I just don't get on with their manchurian hair, may have to look into the SiLVERTiP.

Smooth and refreshed with help from the Kilbreck, can't praise barts gear highly enough. Has he done away with the lotions? Fingers crossed not and I was just blind when looking at the site!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Good morning all,

Prep, hot shower
Music, Del Amitri
Brush, Boti Blue
Blade, Silver Star Super Stainless Lord (1st use)
Razor, Razorock 84 plate
Cream, Simpsons Sandalwood
ASB, Simpsons Sandalwood

Very impressed with this cream. A small amount lathered up with ease. Very campachoochoo. Scent was very nice. Not too overpowering, old school, fresh.

It went on well and provided a good surface to work on. Usual 3 grain pass. Absolutely zero issues. No irritation. A very clean and close shave. And a great way to start the day.

Have a good one all!

Best,

Ben

23 March

SV 70th Anniversary
Cadman M55
ATT SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline P30
SV 70th Anniversary asl

2AE9C328-C234-42E7-8F9E-BC3021837CCD.jpeg
Very light, short strokes with the SE1 Calypso got the job done this morning. A good, slick lather with the soap and two passes with the razor was enough for a mostly comfortable and very close shave.

Back
Top Bottom