SOTD : Saturday 19th March - Friday 25th March 2022.

Tuesday AM 2022-03-22
Birthdate of novelist Louis l'Amour in 1908, a favorite author when I was a kid
JOCor2p.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Cella Crema da Barba shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (13)
Gucci pour Homme aftershave
NuSmKWV.jpg

Sorry to hear about the sadness but what a wonderful thing you've both done. My utmost respect to both Mrs D and you.
Tuesday:

Tears. Our 2 foster babies have left us this morning to go to their forever home. Whilst it is ultimately a very happy day that they have been adopted by a lovely couple and now have a mummy and daddy, we've had them for 3 and 2 years from birth and they are like our own, so Mrs D will have the tears flowing later. I've already had my little moment and then decided I needed a shave to rid me of a few day's worth of growth as we've been busy doing the transition.

Must have been stressed lately as I'd developed a cold sore on my bottom lip and intended to miss it. I didn't realise how far down it had developed, but pass 1 on setting #8 took the cold sore off and left claret flowing. Pass 2 saw me not paying attention and whacking a right 'nick' on my neck. I was going to give up, but ran pass 3 on setting #4 with no adverse events.

That said, I am completely BBS and managed to stem any flow with alum and a separate styptic pen for the cold sore. The boar brush needs more loading than the synth I've been using with the Løthur, as I had virtually no soap left in it to assist the rinse off of alum.

The splash seems to have worked on all but the nick, aka slash wound!

That said, I'm feeling better and now need to crack on with work!

Even a bad shave can do the trick!
Bravo sir.

Razor = Vintage 1950’s Feather Travel
Blade = Vintage Japanese Point ( 2 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Soap = A&E Asian Plum
With matching splash
Balm = Home made
25ECBC19-9B8A-4021-B8F4-20DBE291355D.jpeg
well this is my second randomly picked shave although you wouldn’t think so.
Travel razor , travel brush
Japanese razor, japanese blade & japanese themed soap,
Anyone would think i put this together but i didn’t
Weird ah.
The Razor itself is the most aggressive razor i have
Iv actually only used it once in the past & i stupidly paired it with a modern feather & my face was in bits.
This shave was far better
i knew was i was getting in to so took my time on a wonderful 3 pass shave.
I was bored last night so decided to play around with some ingredients and came up with this wonderful balm,
Well i like it
E45, Sudo Cream, Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil & Some Vitamin E
oops nearly forgot the Witch hazel the star of the show.
Turns out it’s a cracking balm although iv perhaps over done it on the tea tree
Never mind tomorrow’s another day
Stay Safe Boys

A Tuesday evening and here I am reporting my shaves from this past Saturday and Monday. A useless man? Indeed I am, but you are getting two SOTD's for the price of one and I won't charge you any extra.

These particular shaves are dedicated to @Blademonkey and arrive here duly themed 'A tale of two pies'. Two shaves sharing those wonderful sides of life, pies and gluttony. I would have dedicated it to Slimmer's World but it might of been a bit of a kick in the nads for them.

Some weeks back I had the great pleasure of meeting the Monkey of the blade during a visit to Yorkshire by the man himself. Wonderful to meet the primate with a sharp piece of steel, and wonderful to meet someone from the forum if only to prove we are not all Bots, even if we do repeat the same task over and over again. My wife thinks differently and often changes my batteries.

Move one week ahead and as far as I could make out the simian with a razor had successfully eaten his way around a large number of quality pie emporiums in the Yorkshire Wolds. It is also notable at this point that it is not every emporium which sells rejected and shite shaving equipment to a gullible audience. Anyone want a tuck of some Proshave S AC blades which haunt my shaving cabinet and throw themselves at me whenever said cabinet is opened? Honestly, they're superb(?). In theory the Tree dweller with a cutting edge should have arrived back home several stone heavier.

Saturday.........

20220319_175153.jpg

Rabbit and black treacle pie - ATT G1
Escargot and strawberry custard pie - GEM
Cucumber and beetroot pie (my nightmare) - Yaqi Dandelion
Fish and vegetables in a thick beef gravy pie - MDC Rose

The sick puppy

Not a man to be beaten this was a chance to put to bed my previous bloodfest with the ATT G1.

Visit the web and read everything I can on the G1. Study a number of photos to check I am assembling the razor correctly (tick), repeat (a Bot thing). Say thank you to the PM's I kindly received from a number of TSR members who were probably checking up I was still alive and not yet dead from traumatic blood loss. Apparently the biggest warning given was 'You won't like the G1 as it is far too mild for my taste'. Everything appears to be in good order.

In passing ATT really have gone to town on the assembly side of this razor. Dinners and dogs do come to mind. I do wonder how many shavateers have arrived in A&E with a Gem blade stuck out the end of their finger?

Ah well, all being good, go for it.

I am taking care here after my last misadventure and even the word 'mild' has me airing on the cautious side of life. Indeed it is exactly that, mild. No great issue and going great guns. Both cheeks out of the way and may be it is mild but doing a grand job..........

Then out of blue it goes its previous route and opens up a sodding great gash on my jawline. May be I might have just not exerted enough respect and carry on with a sense of kid gloves. Only these must be those kids gloves with Stanley knife blades sewn in to the fingers. Fuck me, yet another bastard cut under the chin.

Bollocks to this, the shave gets finished with the Evo and how welcome. A mediocre finish though as I am still trying to fend of further blood letting with an army of styptic pencils. I really struggle with this ATT GEM and just don't understand why all the cuts and so unexpectedly. But I will return for a Nightmare on Elm Street III styled shave.

I am a stubborn git

This shave is a Hollands pie on a Saturday night while hammered and food just becomes a drunken necessity. As such it deserves to be finished with a Japanese lady who is probably harder to come to terms with than an ATT G1. Midori

No Sunday shave due to a day of rest, healing and residual fear

Monday............

20220321_195615.jpg

Drewtons farm steak pie - Stainless Mongoose
Finest game pie - Feather Super Professional
A top class Cornish pasty - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Satterthwaites superior pork pie - Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere
Banana basket pie - Extro Arzanchena

Chalk and cheese. Take a pretty efficient razor which doesn't pretend to be mild and throw in a pretty damn 'sharp as they come' blade. Throw it all over your face at break neck speeds in to one superb shaving medium delivered by one pretty damn big brush and the end results?

Perfection. No blood, no pretence and just one superior shave. A real drooling quality pie of a finish and one deserving to be sober at the time of consumption

Long live the Mongoose and in respect for a great shave I give you the happiest Japanese ladies on planet rock. Pantyhose.

Do I love you all? I do now.

Last edited:
Tuesday:

Tears. Our 2 foster babies have left us this morning to go to their forever home. Whilst it is ultimately a very happy day that they have been adopted by a lovely couple and now have a mummy and daddy, we've had them for 3 and 2 years from birth and they are like our own, so Mrs D will have the tears flowing later. I've already had my little moment and then decided I needed a shave to rid me of a few day's worth of growth as we've been busy doing the transition.

Must have been stressed lately as I'd developed a cold sore on my bottom lip and intended to miss it. I didn't realise how far down it had developed, but pass 1 on setting #8 took the cold sore off and left claret flowing. Pass 2 saw me not paying attention and whacking a right 'nick' on my neck. I was going to give up, but ran pass 3 on setting #4 with no adverse events.

That said, I am completely BBS and managed to stem any flow with alum and a separate styptic pen for the cold sore. The boar brush needs more loading than the synth I've been using with the Løthur, as I had virtually no soap left in it to assist the rinse off of alum.

You are great people for taking on fostering and giving some little people some stability and a chance.

My nephew fosters and takes great reward from doing so.

I applaud you and well done.. even if there are understandable tears.

SOTD, Tuesday 22 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash.
Cream: Castle Forbes Cedarwood & Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Brush: Blackland Signature.
Razor: Blackland Era-OC (level 3).
Blade: Treet Platinum Super Stainless (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, D.R. Harris Sandalwood Aftershave, D.R. Harris Sandalwood Cologne, followed by Banana Boat AloeVera Gel.

A lovely shave, I got some inspiration from the SOTD forum and decided to go with a Treet Platinum Super Stainless - a lovely smooth shave - really enjoyed the Treet: skin felt amazing after the shave; a 3 pass WTG, XTG (L-R) and XTG (R-L).

Some 12 hours after the shave and my skin still feels amazing - soft and smooth.

The D.R Harris scents and post skin feel always a winner - as ever, I appreciate YMMV.

All the best,

Chris

Tuesday:

@Duffers782 - I am so sorry to hear of your sadness - my utmost respect to you and yours; I'm sure you have both given those babies the best possible start in life and the love and commitment you have given will help them and stay with them forever.

All the very best,

Chris

Pre: Shower then Unscented Cube

Soap: P+B Imperial Rum

Brush: 20mm synth

Razor: R6S #3

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum block - P+B Imperial Rum splash

DE Shave #119

View attachment 85896

The P+B Imperial Rum splash smells divine; anytime I have it on and go round the local, I always get a random girl commenting that I smell good :) - last time SWMBO demanded to know who was talking to me and why.

I wonder if that's why she hates DE shaving :)

A Tuesday evening and here I am reporting my shaves from this past Saturday and Monday. A useless man? Indeed I am, but you are getting two SOTD's for the price of one and I won't charge you any extra.

These particular shaves are dedicated to @Blademonkey and arrive here duly themed 'A tale of two pies'. Two shaves sharing those wonderful sides of life, pies and gluttony. I would have dedicated it to Slimmer's World but it might of been a bit of a kick in the nads for them.

Some weeks back I had the great pleasure of meeting the Monkey of the blade during a visit to Yorkshire by the man himself. Wonderful to meet the primate with a sharp piece of steel, and wonderful to meet someone from the forum if only to prove we are not all Bots, even if we do repeat the same task over and over again. My wife thinks differently and often changes my batteries.

Move one week ahead and as far as I could make out the simian with a razor had successfully eaten his way around a large number of quality pie emporiums in the Yorkshire Wolds. It is also notable at this point that it is not every emporium which sells rejected and shite shaving equipment to a gullible audience. Anyone want a tuck of some Proshave S AC blades which haunt my shaving cabinet and throw themselves at me whenever said cabinet is opened? Honestly, they're superb(?). In theory the Tree dweller with a cutting edge should have arrived back home several stone heavier.

Saturday.........

View attachment 85862

Rabbit and black treacle pie - ATT G1
Escargot and strawberry custard pie - GEM
Cucumber and beetroot pie (my nightmare) - Yaqi Dandelion
Fish and vegetables in a thick beef gravy pie - MDC Rose

The sick puppy

Not a man to be beaten this was a chance to put to bed my previous bloodfest with the ATT G1.

Visit the web and read everything I can on the G1. Study a number of photos to check I am assembling the razor correctly (tick), repeat (a Bot thing). Say thank you to the PM's I kindly received from a number of TSR members who were probably checking up I was still alive and not yet dead from traumatic blood loss. Apparently the biggest warning given was 'You won't like the G1 as it is far too mild for my taste'. Everything appears to be in good order.

In passing ATT really have gone to town on the assembly side of this razor. Dinners and dogs do come to mind. I do wonder how many shavateers have arrived in A&E with a Gem blade stuck out the end of their finger?

Ah well, all being good, go for it.

I am taking care here after my last misadventure and even the word 'mild' has me airing on the cautious side of life. Indeed it is exactly that, mild. No great issue and going great guns. Both cheeks out of the way and may be it is mild but doing a grand job..........

Then out of blue it goes its previous route and opens up a sodding great gash on my jawline. may be I might have just not exerted enough respect and carry on with a sense of kid gloves. Only these must be those kids gloves with Stanley knife blades sewn in to the fingers. Fuck me, yet another bastard cut under the chin.

Bollocks to this, the shave gets finished with the Evo and how welcome. A mediocre finish though as I am still trying to fend of further blood letting with an army of styptic pencils. I really struggle with this ATT GEM and just don't understand why all the cuts and so unexpectedly. But I will return for a Nightmare on Elm Street III styled shave.

I am a stubborn git

This shave is a Hollands pie on a Saturday night while hammered and food just becomes a drunken necessity. As such it deserves to be finished with a Japanese lady who is probably harder to come to terms with than an ATT G1. Midori

No Sunday shave due to a day of rest, healing and residual fear

Monday............

View attachment 85863

Drewtons farm steak pie - Stainless Mongoose
Finest game pie - Feather Super Professional
A top class Cornish pasty - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Satterthwaites superior pork pie - Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere
Banana basket pie - Extro Arzanchena

Chalk and cheese. Take a pretty efficient razor which doesn't pretend to be mild and throw in a one pretty damn 'sharp as they come' blade. Throw it all over your face at break neck speeds in to one superb shaving medium delivered by one pretty damn big brush and the end results?

Perfection. No blood, no pretence and just one superior shave. A real drooling quality pie of a finish and one deserving to be sober at the time of consumption

Long live the Mongoose and in respect for a great shave I give you the happiest Japanese ladies on planet rock. Pantyhose.

Do I love you all? I do now.
Top drawer SOTD!

And a Tuesday evening's shave arriving on a Tuesday evening. A shave themed 'A miracle'

20220322_160730.jpg

Walk on water razor - Occams Enoch
Two fish. How many people you say? - Feather Super Professional
Water to wine. I'll have some of that - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Healing the ATT G1 users - Officina Artigiana
Everton staying up - Laboratory Perfumes Samphire

'And take your bloody stupid SOTD's with you!'

To be honest I am word exhausted and can't be bothered to scribble too much. What I will say though is the Enoch ain't no fluffy little kitten of a razor, but does it deliver or what? One hassle free shave with exceptional grin inducing quality.

Super

Have some grin inducing ladies to end on. Bring on Yoshi and those beautiful Aldious girls

Wed 23 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Silver Star Duridium 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR + Stirling Frost Drops
An amazing underrated soap! Excellent lather qualities...rich creamy and very slick!
This shave with the razor paired with this vintage blade was another surprise. Not smooth...a little jumpy but the efficiency was good. Managed 3passes for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs finish with 3 micro red spots. The aftershaves mix was awesome and cooling!
20220323_084302.jpg

Back
Top Bottom