SOTD Saturday 22th Aug to Friday 28th Aug 2015

NSS Signature + Lanolin
Omega 49
Schick Adjustable Injector
Schick Super Platinum [4]
Prorase green AS
Boss Orange EDT

Great Shave again, face is noticably softer feeling with the Fatty Nanny soap. Great stuff it is...

Nishy's Spice Market Pre Shave Balm
Decleor Shave Foam
Wade & Butcher - For Barbers Use
Institute Karite ASB
Lalique - Encre Noire Sport

Top class shave from Sheffields finest
29g27ir.jpg

SOTD 24/8/15

Hot Towel
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Cream
Wilkinson Sword Boar
The Raptor Shavette
Astra SS (1)
Cold Towel

AdobePhotoshopExpress_a71ee4d9ebbb4460b6f012fc268df5d7.jpg

Today I rose earlier than normal, determined to ensure I get a full 7 days with the shavette, so at 5am I woke, ensured I was fully awake and went for it. I skipped the scrub today so that I can have a simpler shave, so used a hot towel to prep, and lathered up. The cream as usual was sublime, plenty of cushion against the blade. Now this was the first time I'd used an Astra in a shavette, so had high expectations. The WTG pass sounded a little tuggy, but I soon realised this was not the case, it was the blade singing. I performed an XTG pass as I had plenty of available time in the wee hours, and this too passed with no drama. The ATG pass felt a little...awkward this morning, but again no real drama. I put that down to skipping the scrub. All said, a fine shave indeed.

Result? 4/5. So nearly a 4.5 if it weren't for the awkward ATG and a couple of missed spots lower down the neckline. However, it is the best shavette shave I've had so far.

Monday's Maneuvers

Merkur HD, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Beechwood 24mm 2-band Finest
Arko Stick
Selin Limon
Astral

Smashing. Never thought I'd go back Arko but a visit to the new, local Turkish Barbers for a mop chop enabled me. They were lathering up a client (patient?) and I caught a whiff. Not as disagreeable as I remembered so I duly ordered a stick and hey, whadda you know, it's darn good stuff.

Great shave this morning with the Schick Paul Revere.
It sure is a big razor but I think I've been desensitized after having used the Mongoose.
Really been enjoying injectors and even cartridges lately for some reason.

Gear
Razor: Schick Paul Revere
Blade: Schick injector blade
Brush: Rubberset 400-3
Soap: Klar Kabinnet
A/S: Soap Commander Endurance

23uss34.jpg

P1220001.jpg
Tues 25th August 2015
Kent Infinity
Lea Classic Soap
Merkur Progress LH [2.5 ]
Personna Lab Blue [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Floid vigoroso A/S

A change from SE, shave seemed quicker than usual with SE. Enjoyed the weight of the razor doing the work, overall finish not as good as achieved with SE,especially on the neck area.

Still, provides a challenge using the different technique needed for this type of razor, have to be careful not to move razor sideways without taking it off the face.

Vfe1TBbl.png

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Tim's Soap Greek Peach
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Kai (2nd)
Post: Saponificio Varesino Aromatic Fern After Shave Balm
Scent: Volutes by Diptyque

Can't go wrong with Tim's Soap. Love the scent of it!

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Thin Handle Tech
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Palmolive / Glycerine
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

Still on the second round of blade trials. First time around I despised the Bic, they had tugged worse than any other. This time there was a marked improvement, no tugging at all. Downside was the irritation it caused me, which wasn't apparent during the shave. It was only after splashing the Alum & WH Mix on that I noticed below my chin and down to my Adam's apple had suffered razor burn. Consequently, I decided to bin the blade after this one shave. There are many other blades that are much better.
The razor was new to me this week. It's Fat Handled sibling is my favourite DE so I really wanted to try this, it hasn't disappointed. Been quite a while since I used Palmolive but it really is a proper bargain.

Hot Shower
Calani Eis Engel
New Forest Silvertip 2213
ATT R1 Atlas
Voskhod
Floid, Mentolado Vigoroso

First time out with the Calani Eis Engel. Virtually no scent or cooling effect, lovely soap though, top notch lather, cushion and slickness.

Hot Shower
TOBS Sandalwood Cream (bowl lathered)
Semogue 520
88 set Gillette 'NEW'
Voskhod (1)
Cold water splash
Quorum AS/EDT
Tried a slightly different technique today,with excellent results!,a sort of 'buffing' motion (which always work well for me,regardless of razor used),but on the non cutting stroke (pushing back),lowering the handle,so as the foam in the teeth goes back over the face?,worked wonders!,one of the closest shaves EVER,these 'NEW' razors are certainly a beast to be mastered!.
Super BBS,maybe the best ever,only a couple of very minor weeper's,that cleared up after a cold water splash,and virtually no irritation/stinging when a healthy dose of Quorum applied.
Chin still silky smooth 6 hours later!.Well Impressed!.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom