SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

SOTD 20171228.

zq6Qfn9.jpg

Cadman / finest.
Arko Men "Fresh".
Supply Single Edge V1.0 ("Aggressive" shave setting).
Schick Chromium (1).
Cien X-Bolt.

This was not a good shave - stubble still there.
Redid it with the Schick type I1 injector with a Schick Chromium (6) blade.

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap: Barrister & Mann: Promises
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Fougere Bouquet ASB

I'm so glad that I persevered with the Glissant base, especially after my first couple of shaves, which were quite disappointing, because Eventide and Promises are outstanding soaps... excellent performance, and scents that are right up my street. Couldn't wish for anything more. Well, maybe the return of Fireside, I guess....

SOTD: 281217
SOTD 291217 2.jpg

Razor 1: J.A.Fenkel Friodur 72.5
Razor 2: Gem Clog Pruf
Blade: Gem SS #3
Brush: Thater 4125/00
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Scuttle: Giles
EDT: Dior Sauvage

The star of the show for me today was my newly acquired Thater 4125/00.
She is the baby of the 4125 series but WOW what a presence.
I was a little apprehensive about buying this because I thought the 21/22mm size would be too small for me but that was certainly not the case. its brilliant at getting in those little nooks and crannies and believe me I have a few. :)
It feels like a 24mm+ when face painting with the supersoft cotton like tips. Backbone is spot on not too much splay.
I loaded the brush with an considerable amount (50 +) swirls of bloomed soap and was taken back buy the amount of lather provided. Flow through is magnificent. At least enough for 4 passes. A definite keeper.
Now I know at long last what Rob @Blackmass has been barking on about. I love it so much so I now want a bigger brother to accompany her and its all your fault. (Yet again :p:D)

Single pass DFS with the straight and a single pass with a little buffering with the Clog Pruf.
A delightful Trouble free BBS shave.

Soap as always performed its magic. Great slickness and cushion, warmed up by the wonderful Giles scuttle.

Finished with Alum, Balm and a generous splash from Santa "Dior Sauvage." Delightful stuff.

One of the best shaves I have had in many moons.

Enjoy yours! :)

SOTD: 281217
View attachment 32070

Razor 1: J.A.Fenkel Friodur 72.5
Razor 2: Gem Clog Pruf
Blade: Gem SS #3
Brush: Thater 4125/00
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Scuttle: Giles
EDT: Dior Sauvage

The star of the show for me today was my newly acquired Thater 4125/00.
She is the baby of the 4125 series but WOW what a presence.
I was a little apprehensive about buying this because I thought the 21/22mm size would be too small for me but that was certainly not the case. its brilliant at getting in those little nooks and crannies and believe me I have a few. :)
It feels like a 24mm+ when face painting with the supersoft cotton like tips. Backbone is spot on not too much splay.
I loaded the brush with an considerable amount (50 +) swirls of bloomed soap and was taken back buy the amount of lather provided. Flow through is magnificent. At least enough for 4 passes. A definite keeper.
Now I know at long last what Rob @Blackmass has been barking on about. I love it so much so I now want a bigger brother to accompany her and its all your fault. (Yet again :p:D)

Single pass DFS with the straight and a single pass with a little buffering with the Clog Pruf.
A delightful Trouble free BBS shave.

Soap as always performed its magic. Great slickness and cushion, warmed up by the wonderful Giles scuttle.

Finished with Alum, Balm and a generous splash from Santa "Dior Sauvage." Delightful stuff.

One of the best shaves I have had in many moons.

Enjoy yours! :)

First off I have to commend you on another great photo. Great lighting and composition. You have a great eye.

It's a relief (although I was pretty confident) you would love the Thater.
Having read your description of the knot I'll be on the look out for one in the future.

Really chuffed you had a great experience with the Thater and a top shave to boot.:D

Cheers
Rob

First off I have to commend you on another great photo. Great lighting and composition. You have a great eye.

It's a relief (although I was pretty confident) you would love the Thater.
Having read your description of the knot I'll be on the look out for one in the future.

Really chuffed you had a great experience with the Thater and a top shave to boot.:D

Cheers
Rob
Thank you Rob for your kind words its truly appreciated.

With regards to the Thater I was literally blown away.
I kept asking myself how is it possible for a little thing like this to produce so much lather?

There was enough for 4 passes very minimum. I had 3 passes rinsed my face after every pass and this little thing kept painting thick cushioned lather on my face like no tomorrow.

Up there with the top of this years purchases. :)

Thank you Rob for your kind words its truly appreciated.

With regards to the Thater I was literally blown away.
I kept asking myself how is it possible for a little thing like this to produce so much lather?

There was enough for 4 passes very minimum. I had 3 passes rinsed my face after every pass and this little thing kept painting thick cushioned lather on my face like no tomorrow.

Up there with the top of this years purchases. :)

The Saponificio Varesino soaps can go along way. Every time I use a SV soap I load the brush less and less.

It's been a good year, shaving wise anyway.
I think our top picks would be very similar.

Here's my top 3:
1. The Saponificio Varesino brush (shocker!)
2. The Clog Pruf
3. Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash
P&B Spitfire
Thäter 4125/2
Little Wren Pottery
Brass General
Proline (8)
Extro Tabacco Aftershave/EDT
BBA Post Shave Balm

In a conversation with a fellow member this afternoon I offered him my tub of Spitfire. I seem to have difficulty getting a good lather out of P&B soaps. I have tried different types of brushes and varied techniques. But after watching a couple of videos on YouTube, as you do at work, I realised that I had never tried the Marco method. It's not a method I would want to use on the majority of my soaps, but it certainly worked with The Spitfire. So my offer of a free tub of soap is withdrawn @Digimonkey. By the way, how many shaves do you guys get out of a Proline blade? That was at least the eighth outing for this one and it's just as sharp and smooth as the first. Excellent.

Back
Top Bottom