SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

Been tardy with posting anything shave related. Daughter and grandchildren came over Saturday, then yesterday had a birthday party for a little one we used to foster and moved on to a new family.

Saturday
The sun was out, so out came Leodis to match the sunny weather. Jewel provided an excellent close shave.

Sunday
I liked the British Leather when I tried it for the first time last week, so it's made its way out again, I'm a bit like that when something is 'new'! The ER 1912 made in England with a GEM blade gave a spanking shave.

Monday
Earlier on, after returning from the gym and showering, I took out the E3 popularity kit and gave that a whizz around the old fizzogg with a bit of Mr Fine's barber blue.

On all of my shaves I was done in 2 passes and at least DFS, with Sunday's having longevity of smoothness, right through to late evening.

Have a good start to the week folks

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_174839__01.jpg
    IMG_20220924_174839__01.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220925_123106__01.jpg
    IMG_20220925_123106__01.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220926_095416__01.jpg
    IMG_20220926_095416__01.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 6
26/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 39 (3).JPG
A wonderful shave today and the Wee Scot impresses again.
Happy Birthday @Jester have a great time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited:
View attachment 94011
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.

Have some Beaver

Happy birthday and welcome to the dirty old fart club.

Have a great one matey

L3Vb4qG.png

Monday 09.26.22
RAZOR: Rocnel 2021 Sailor Series Adjustable Razor @3
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

View attachment 94011

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.
Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Have a wonderful day. (y)

View attachment 94011

Happy 50th birthday, eat drink and be merry on this wonderful day! :)

Paul.

IMG_1946.jpg

In recent weeks, I’ve not been giving my shaves much thought and have simply picked things that are close to hand, easy to use and which I know will give me a great shave, with minimal drama.

This one, with the 1953 Gillette Super Speed was a case in point. It’s mild but still gives a great shave after nearly seventy years. I’ve found it works really well with the Personna Med Preps, which I find to be sharp and smooth for a couple of shaves at least.

De Vergulde Hand is as always, provides a fresh, creamy lather even if it’s nothing too exciting scent-wise.

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1953 -Y3
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: Simpson’s Trafalgar 3 Synth
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: None
Bowl: Face lather

View attachment 94011

Happy Birthday young man. . . .

50 is the new 40 !

View attachment 94011

Happy Birthday @Jester
All The very best to you.
Welcome to the 50 Club

Back
Top Bottom