SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

I’m not a great Monday morning person after an enjoyable and relaxing weekend but managed to started today with a very smooth and comfortable shave. Leaf + RazoRock 3X + sterling silver vintage brush.
Also received Before Gillette “The Quest for a Safe Razor” by Robert K. Waits. Love the book cover.
Quite an extraordinary tome, research must have taken years. Anyway, bedtime reading sorted for a while.
Have a great week fellas!

77A0DFCC-8B6F-4352-8C6F-9B062828DF42.jpeg

07B304F6-C72C-43C5-BC1A-717773066144.jpeg

nLcICwi.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootleggers Perfecto Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano EDC (decant)

View attachment 94011
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.
Birthday wishes, enjoy your day/night

@Jester
Happy 50th Birthday my friend!

26/9/22
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Derby Shaving Stick
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Flip Top
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (2)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

First time using the Derby Shaving Stick which is made by the same maker of Arko. Derby's a little easier on the nose, but the lather isn't quite as slick and takes a touch more effort to build a lather with. Like with Arko, it seems to be a little on the drying side of things.
I used my dad's old Wilkinson Sword Flip Top, which might be the mildest razor I own, even with a sharp blade it wasn't a very close shave but a comfortable one.

IMG_20220926_185220.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words, gents. Quiet one tonight as I'm off to Devon & Cornwall at stupid o'clock in the morning with work. However it would be remiss of me not to have a quick sample of this present from my wife with dinner. Slàinte Mhath :love:

View attachment 94048

Love both of these, the drink and band.
Am now going to put the thieving magpie on.
Slàinte Mhath to you as well. (y)

Monday 27th September

AL9nZEX3gpHcF0kSEVKVsxIl5IlDBifKPJcmiC2VIDM4ZaS-7ToMimvmXuMUT6yiBxUFJvWu_q2ia0fIfjUd4nrW3WlI_PZo4CBjcfmQGlNK40xeQo6qIRlYxvd6b81PeZyIiSNwFDqquOb-wxQeYzYWisNQ8A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
DR Harris Artlington Shaving Bowl & Mohawk 5-341 w/PurTech Synthetic 22mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (Regular Plate) w/Weber Stainless Handle & Feather Professional (1)
Brut Splash-On

My setup for the week ...

Folks might recognose the brush as a copy of this design is now sold by PAA as the Starcraft. Mine is an original Mohawk which I reknotted some years ago when the choice was, well, PurTech ... or PurTech ... or Muhle SFT as one of those screw in knots. Lovely using a classic hard soap. Much thanks to @Satanfriendly who gave it to me maybe a year or so ago. I have used it a few times, but think a good week of exclusive use will get the best from it.

I ummed and ahhed about which plate to use and couldn't decide, so ... the regular plate it is. First stroke was a sheer surprise as it was smooth, safe and pretty much could not feel the blade but my skin was wiped clear of stubble. I may switch out to the A plate later in the week to try to compare/contrast, but to be frank ... I'm not sure there's a lot in it.

No complaints about any part of that shave! Straight-up 10/10.

Last edited:
Razor = Alpha Bandit Pass around
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 1 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Soap = Alpha Noir with matching Balm
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
0342E329-5668-459D-83AE-8E2DC71CE855.jpegThis shave was all about the Razor.
i received it from @Crossan whilst still in Norway and was so looking forward to using it.
First use i decided to go with the Polished Titanium handle which is around 54 grams apposed to the Brass at 97 grams.
The look the feel & the workmanship that’s went in to it is first class, a Razor i would be proud to own.
On first looks the blade gap seems way more than i like however this is deceiving as the razor is very efficient and not in the slightest aggressive.
Paired with the Nacet the shave was a straight 10/10
The next shave i’ll stick with this handle but i’ll go for the OC plate. before doing it all again with the much heavier Brass handle.
Until the next time
Stay Safe Guys

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom