SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

This evening's shave themed, 'New toys and other reasons to have a tug'

20220926_183947.jpg

Tonsured refuge - Occams Enoch
Brazilian blade - Kai Titan mild
Bush brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Soapy bits - Signature Soaps Novus Spice

IMG-20220926-WA0000.jpg

So a new toy to play with and how to pull in public and not get arrested. Time to get reacquainted with an old friend from my past after some four years elsewhere. When I look at the angle I am at all I can think is, 'I must be crap'.

But not as bad as this chap. 'Ouch'

Not a new toy, the ever faithful Enoch. And a very fine friend it is. This evening asked for a quick and easy number and Ernie certainly delivered. No milk cart included, but comfort, expediency and accuracy were. There might be a bit too much blade on show for some, but treat with respect, get the angle right and the rewards are there to be taken. And take them I did. A superlative blemish free finish and enough of that smooth stuff to keep those bunnies happy.

Usual expectations met with the Novus. Does Brian ever make a naff product? I don't think so. The best of Bolton and Bolton's best. Keep it going Mr Signature.

From the land if no sun to the land of the rising sun. Trident? That'll do nicely thank you

A3910DB1-3C0C-43F5-918A-A9F307AEE107.jpeg
SOTD: 26/09/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: Dior Savage EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb shave and I still have yet to find a better brush! Smooth, irritation free and the new handle works a treat. It’s a winning combination.
Enjoy your evening guys.

View attachment 94011
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.

Happy birthday :)

Tue 27 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade Personna Super Med Prep 5th
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
What an awesome lather from this soap...love it!
Excellent shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3 easy smooth and comfortable passes for a dfs result....
20220927_104053.jpg

View attachment 94011
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.
Happy Birthday, best wishes!

SOTD: 27th September 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave.

I can't recall the last time that i used the clubman Pinaud soap and forgot how good this in-expensive soap is.

Because it is almost a croap-like soap it doesn't need blooming before mixing and it provides a good slick protective lather it has a really nice scent not overpowering and a good post shave feel.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'OREAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

27/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Pall Mall Circa 1920's "Wilkinson Special"
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 39 (5).JPG
Very nice, a single pass leaving me just about done, a bit of touch up for a close, comfortable finish.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

SOTD: 27/09/2022

Razor: Occams Enoch
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Wicstun Aftershave
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist

Testing out if the Enoch changes when using a milder blade. It did make it smoother, it also bit me twice. This is just not the razor for me in a few levels. It will be removed from the shootout (in all fairness I knew this before I started from the reviews).

Soap and splash used was a favourite of mine. You can't go wrong with anything from Signature Soaps.

F15A31B5-2FC6-4BC3-967F-FC24DDB8499C.jpeg

I also used my Occams Enoch today (like @satan friendly and @shiny) loaded with Proshave S (third use, previously in Claymore and Hawk 3). To me the Enoch could be about as close to a straight open blade shave as it probably gets. Yes, there is a lot of blade showing but if used ataround 30°, with no pressure other than weight of razor and you take time then it can deliver a great finish. I re opened one small upper lip weeper from yesterday but no real drama. However, I do get @shiny comment that this razor isn’t for everyone. I will however use again, next time to try with a milder blade (Titan Pink).
Great smooth scented lather from my old West German Bristle and RazoRock Stallion soap.
I just love some of the names that are thought up by the marketers for shaving related accoutrements. Enoch? the designer’s grandad? Stallion? doesn’t smell like a horse and actually has a lovely smell, so what’s the link? Plague doctor :eek: did the marketing guy have a dodgy curry the night before naming the soap?
Have a great day fellas

16EBAA84-F753-479A-949E-A19604AB7623.jpeg

This evening's shave themed, 'New toys and other reasons to have a tug'

View attachment 94051

Tonsured refuge - Occams Enoch
Brazilian blade - Kai Titan mild
Bush brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Soapy bits - Signature Soaps Novus Spice

View attachment 94054

So a new toy to play with and how to pull in public and not get arrested. Time to get reacquainted with an old friend from my past after some four years elsewhere. When I look at the angle I am at all I can think is, 'I must be crap'.

But not as bad as this chap. 'Ouch'

Not a new toy, the ever faithful Enoch. And a very fine friend it is. This evening asked for a quick and easy number and Ernie certainly delivered. No milk cart included, but comfort, expediency and accuracy were. There might be a bit too much blade on show for some, but treat with respect, get the angle right and the rewards are there to be taken. And take them I did. A superlative blemish free finish and enough of that smooth stuff to keep those bunnies happy.

Usual expectations met with the Novus. Does Brian ever make a naff product? I don't think so. The best of Bolton and Bolton's best. Keep it going Mr Signature.

From the land if no sun to the land of the rising sun. Trident? That'll do nicely thank you

Trust you didn’t have far to swim after that slight mishap with the dropping of the anchor

oKoZTlg.png

Tuesday 09.27.22
RAZOR: Design 94 Titanium
BLADE: Feather
BRUSH: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

Tuesday

PAL golden injectomatic, still not the best shave feel, as I still think it 'drags' a little, but I'm trying to use all of my SEs in SEptember! Plus, I would say DFS in two.

Fuss free today, Lea stick and post shave splash. I think the smaller brush works well with the stick, however this EJ best badger has shed filaments pretty much every time I use it. The up side is that with this bulb shaped knot, for me, the 19mm is better than the 24mm Yaqi one I have.

That's all folks!

Attachments

• IMG_20220927_084814__01.jpg
    IMG_20220927_084814__01.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 8
Tuesday 27th September

Zenith 506U XSE Boar - TFS Barber Block - Schick Eversharp I2/Proline B #8 - The Essence Vault #190 EDP (Tuscan Leather)

Another lovely 3 pass shave although I must confess that the longevity of the blade is causing some boredom with the razor!
An trip out today means an EDP instead of AS and I will be saying hello to my former colleagues and getting my latest COVID booster.

Tue 27th September

RazoRock 400. SE Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Schick “O”;Clone
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 12 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Despite having 2+ days growth , this Shave was not only smooth and comfortable, but the quality of finish was excellent. This blade is really performing well, looks like I might get a couple more Shaves with it.

623507A6-A0B6-4964-B56D-623B92CE8D3E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom