SOTD: Saturday 24 to Friday 30 December of 2022

Thursday 29th December

Semogue 2020 Badger - Stirling Agar - Yaqi Katana/Gillette 365 - Mandate AS

A lovely shave today. I haven't used the Katana for a while and it was great to be re-acquainted. 3 passes for a perfect result with Mandate to finish everything off. Properly chuffed :)

3 passes with a Yaqi Katana!

I could only handle one pass with it! I found it a really aggressive razor!

KbIvH7u.jpg

Shave #6 on this NOS Personna Plat. (y)

Thursday AM 2022-12-29
gLcpgAZ.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)

The wonderful English Fern software reminding me, on this wet morning, of camping 50 years ago in the nearby Olympic rainforest, and catching my first beautiful Steelhead trout. We didn't catch and release then; we cooked the trout in a cast-iron skillet over the campfire, along with wild mushrooms and fresh frog legs.
SCGHGym.jpg

Decemboar 29

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

I've had a few strange shaves with the Personna Lab Blue. For the first few shaves, I was left with a fair bit of growth left even after 2.5 passes. Then for the 3rd shave, it seemed to get quite a bit sharper, and today it was at the sharpest, both these shaves were very close ones. An absolutely delightful shave with it in my trusty Fat Handle Tech today.
A great lather with the Omega 10075 and Lea Stick. It might be one of the cheaper shaving soaps I own, but in terms of performance, I think it's performance punches well above it's price tag.
It's really easy to lather, after rubbing the stick on my face, it explodes into a lather with almost no trouble at all, and it's not at all finicky for being hydrated either. In addition, I think it has an excellent post shave feel, probably down to it containing lanolin.
If you're on the fence about picking up one of these new formulation Lea Shaving Sticks, I'd say go ahead and get yourself one!

IMG_20221229_153731.jpg

8EF868F8-B521-46CD-A221-10F3738CC4CB.jpeg
SOTD: 29/12/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I needed some lime freshness to zing through my bloody cold and the Signature Londinium did the job nicely! The Tech and its new handle was a dream as always.
Enjoy your evening guys.

Vulfix 404
Gillette Slim Twist
Super Max Blue Diamond (shave number 2)
Wilkinson Sword 'Black bowl' shaving soap (pre-blue bowl formulation I believe but smells the same)
4711 Ice cool cologne

The razor and blade combo delivered a quick and passable shave. Not the closest shave but I was in a hurry.

The cool cologne is great stuff. Smells a lot like Floid Blue but has a real menthol kick to the skin!

28/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
View attachment 98077
Lots of slick creamy lather whipped up in the copper bowl, I find the Tech is a very mild razor and i needed 3 full passes to get the job done which is no hardship on Vintage Wednesday.
The old Brit blade is 3 and out as it started to go off towards the end.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
This would be a classic addition to your pre shave routine https://www.hatads.org.uk/catalogue/record/e3aa8b51-c8fc-4fd4-8f50-7ad98cf75667

Back
Top Bottom