SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

thinking-thinking-maps-woman-thinking-jpg.97006

2nd December
Thought I would have an Italian theme today, Focus dynamic with the wonderful Extro Positano soap, lasting lather and heady scent. I used the no name badger brush from yesterday and conclude that yesterday’s rough shave wasn’t the brush’s fault.
The Focus is very light in weight, bit like Italian car bodies (hope the razor lasts longer than the cars :rolleyes: ) It also gives a very mild shave, hardly any blade (King C Gillett half) showing. My brush felt more aggressive than the Focus. I’m really not complaining as I don’t like removing layers of epidermis on a daily basis with very close shaves, so 2 passes wtg and atg with the Focus provides an ok finish and still gives my tender face time to recover.
Concluded with Man Cave moisturiser and dab of Positano after shave and now smell like the inside of an expensive Italian car.
Have a great evening fellas and enjoy the weekend!

B0ADCB79-68F3-4E6B-91DC-40EDBE81E44D.jpeg

2 December

Sterling Campania
Yaqi Dandelion
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

C11F805D-87A6-4DD2-8E55-134B1CAB7FED.jpeg
A smooth and comfortable shave this morning with the Ikon containing a fresh Feather. This razor works well with Feathers, and, most other blades, smoothing out any roughness and gliding better than any other razor on it’s own nonstick coating.

2/12/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/58mm)
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Treet Classic (1)
Post - Nivea Replenishing Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

View attachment 97017
... and? Enjoyed? On a Yaqi handle, you say ... he mulls over and gives it a try himself (y)

... and? Enjoyed? On a Yaqi handle, you say ... he mulls over and gives it a try himself (y)

It was largely an enjoyable shave. I'm still getting to grips with the razor, it looks like a Tech, but I think it performs a little differently during the shave, but I'm still working out how it is different. What are your thoughts on how it compares to a Tech?

I managed to pick up a little weeper during the shave, I'm not entirely sure but even though I really like the face feel of Treet's carbon steel blades, more often than not I seem to pick up a few weepers during the shaves. It could all be down to user error but I will give them a little more time before deciding for certain! I think the CS Treet blades are often a touch sharper than I expect them and use a slightly heavier touch than I should do.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 3 )
Blade = London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Simpsons T3 St Mary’s
Cream = Castle Forbes Lime
with matching balm
Splash = Vintage Gillette Wild Rain
D8DDFCD7-C5D0-4C42-8C2A-931F6C5F6B11.jpegWell Lads iv not been on much the last week or so as iv been flat out at home plus the wife’s family are here from Australia so iv been the taxi lol.

Last Shave for me in the Homeland as i’m of to Brazil on sunday until the 22nd December.
You would have thought i would be excited but i genuinely can’t be arsed.
iv put this trip off just about as long as possible.
Anyway
Shave was top drawer as usual
This Cream is all but done, saying that i’ll probably get another 4-5 shaves out of it & i’ll definitely be getting it again.
One of the best creams on the market i reckon or certainly best iv tried.
The razor paired with the London Bridge was a dream but slightly milder than i prefer,
Normally i would go with plate 4 but laziness took over.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

It was largely an enjoyable shave. I'm still getting to grips with the razor, it looks like a Tech, but I think it performs a little differently during the shave, but I'm still working out how it is different. What are your thoughts on how it compares to a Tech?
I've said that I find treating it like a Gillette Old Type lets the best out of it.

Friday 2nd December

AL9nZEW6L84wCGtpkvg5Zge80BuiRnYAhh9IXCFmwFmrMUn8F7LHjVQykcAw9AM13KcPHvQgcHqg50RJvh1vC58FB0qDHtuAp0sWstPNEzgrr-izL2Tco6eAYiTM1EoKndkfBzgAuF-DzVuzMPSCBY3ufX_91A=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1970s) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Star (Gold) Double Edge & Personna (German) Platinum Chrome (1)
Floid (Black) Aftershave

Continuing a run through my ASR double edge razors ...

Tonight, one of the later American Star razors, goldwashed with a the regular baseplate and lightweight aluminium handle. Keeping to much the same routine as the past week (a format I've really clicked with), I've switched my 1980s Culmak for a 1970s and the Israeli Personna Platinum Chrome for the German giving me a straight-up 10/10 shave.

Enjoy your weekend, fellas!

They think it is all over, it is now as I say the usual 'My final shave for this week of SOTD's' arrives themed, 'Turkish bath and Turkish wrath'

20221202_181523.jpg

Wild turkey - Rocnel SE-P
Cold turkey - 0.85854% of a Dorco Prime
Brush turkey - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Turkey soup - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Turkey bush - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'I present you the SE-P'

A rare outing for the Rocnel half blade offering. Rare because it takes me several months to pluck up the courage for this slashing tool. Tony, he of a chin, must have been laughing his tits off when he sold me this. May be because one day he might have been known as 'Tony's chinless'.

Anyway, what a bloody razor it is (literally) and it really does shave sublimely. As for the bloody part, yup, it did draw some as it usually does. This time due to being over enthusiastic under the nose. Close to being known as 'Satanfriendly's nostriless'. Nothing the styptic pencil couldn't take care off even if it was a bit of a whince inducing moment. No more further misadventures and three full passes to a stupidly close shave. Slap on some moisturiser and a truly rubber face.

The cadman couldn't be more at home than with a hard soap and with the Fawcett's a duo from the book of great lathers. Stupendous. The Goutal being a perfect match to the scarpicchio.

Shaving heaven. With a tad of Hell thrown in to keep one on one's toes.

Did someone say Japanese girls? Why, of course.......And being it is finally the weekend you can have some Puffyshoes from their appropriate album, 'Finally the weekend'. Have a great one people

Back
Top Bottom