SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

Thursday AM 2022-12-01
Birthdate in 1761 of wax sculptor Madame Tussaud (Anna Maria Grosholtz)
rZRkqA0.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Houbigant Fougère Royale SS (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (18)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
JKXfQHq.jpg

Thursday 1st December

AL9nZEWLaNu3dw7wSUVMcSTrWx6gjH1v2sId8QSi_KD_N5vWzJI3XgVuiCZCS5OAYi3P585d8qWM78VUzVtXvPKLQk_lwMN6i_nqiQEWXBUeJDPAXQpi1MAnI8ssv9fgGZaNGPVls3DyDGW6ADl5aNl4Ktr-KQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1980s) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Treet Double Edge & Personna (Israeli) Platinum Chrome (4)
Eden Classics Mandate Aftershave & EDT

Chuff me! It's December already.

Continuing a run through my ASR double edge razors ...

Tonight, one of the late PAL razors with a lightweight aluminium baseplate and handle. If you're interested in the weights and measures of these contraptions, I've cooked up a little post: ASR Double Edge Razors

Being a cheaper-looking razor it's one I've not used before, I don't think ... just collected. The shave was very good indeed and gave an additional character to this line-up. Not rough and ready, but certainly proletarian.

I've enjoyed the vintage Culmak soap a lot and have another one, which I think is possibly 1970s, so going to go for another week on the Culmak with the Semogue SOC but switch to the Butterscotch handle. The Taj has now developed a lovely splay and has all but lost its thirstiness - with a quick check back, I've had over a hundred shaves with it. That's taken some breaking in but that's how you do it: just use it. Fun, too with the (now vintage) Israeli Personna Platinum Chrome that I'm going to pop a German one into rotation and carry on.

01/12/2022

Razor: RR Lupo DLC
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Highlander Patriot
Soap: OSP Barbershop

20221201_193846.jpg

This handle is beautiful. Looks amazing and feels great in the hand. The SynBad knot is a bit of a disappointment though. It's a bit more scratchy and stiff than the other SynBads I have. Shame as it was nearly the perfect brush. Sod's law that I've superglued the knot in so it will take divine intervention to remove it.

01/12/2022

Razor: RR Lupo DLC
Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: OSP Barbershop

View attachment 96988

This handle is beautiful. Looks amazing and feels great in the hand. The SynBad knot is a bit of a disappointment though. It's a bit more scratchy and stiff than the other SynBads I have. Shame as it was nearly the perfect brush. Sod's law that I've superglued the knot in so it will take divine intervention to remove it.

Hello Chris, is it a ApShaveCo SynBad? I get the impression some have found their knots to be improve after a few shaves, so hopefully yours will feel less scratchy and stiff with a bit of time. Otherwise will you steam out the knot?

View attachment 96988

284100BD-05F4-444C-8BAA-DF4EB3C02847.jpeg
SOTD: 01/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another great shave from the Vector, today I found it to be smoother and more efficient than anything else I own so I’m more than a little impressed. It’s getting better with each use so I’ll be happy to see how it works with another blade in. The Løthur Tears is just beautiful, I need to grab the matching splash.

Merkur 15C :: Gillette 7o'clock super platinum blade (4) :: Hampshire Wool Fat No.1 :: Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush :: Lea Classic splash
IMG_20221201_211438.jpg
The fourth outing of the Gillette 7 O'clock black (my first blade of this persuasion). It, again, did not disappoint; a very smooth shave. If the rest of the tuck will keep this sort of performance, it will go on the top of my list.

And to cram something in before the end of the day, here it is, a shave themed, 'Eggs, bacon and cheese toasted sandwich'. For no particular reason other than someone has just said the same on the TV.

20221130_193133.jpg

Sunny side up - Occams Enoch
Maple grilled bacon - Feather Super Professional
Good old cheddar - Hive-2
Doorstep toast - Palmolive Classic
Anchor butter - Collegen moisturiser

'Would you like to share my bacon?'

'Ooooo. You're such a cheeky little bugger Mr.Satan'

A bit of a throw it together quick shave this evening before I had some pulling to get on with. So a shave which is even quicker than me, but a damn fine one at that. How could I ever have anything else with this trusty bunch? Vunderbar. Which is more than German football supporters can say tonight.

Have some wunderbar Japanese ladies...

Back
Top Bottom