SOTD: Saturday 26 November - Friday 2 December 2022.

01/12/2022

Razor: RR Lupo DLC
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Highlander Patriot
Soap: OSP Barbershop

View attachment 96988

This handle is beautiful. Looks amazing and feels great in the hand. The SynBad knot is a bit of a disappointment though. It's a bit more scratchy and stiff than the other SynBads I have. Shame as it was nearly the perfect brush. Sod's law that I've superglued the knot in so it will take divine intervention to remove it.
My way of doing when I'm not sure if I'd like the knot is to glue it with two small drops of super glue which is enough to hold it firmly for testing while it is easy to remove.

Hello Chris, is it a ApShaveCo SynBad? I get the impression some have found their knots to be improve after a few shaves, so hopefully yours will feel less scratchy and stiff with a bit of time. Otherwise will you steam out the knot?
It is Shubs. Hopefully it softens after a few uses
My way of doing when I'm not sure if I'd like the knot is to glue it with two small drops of super glue which is enough to hold it firmly for testing while it is easy to remove.
I've had no problem with other SynBad knots (including their 24mm) but I made the mistake of assuming this one would be fine. Lesson learnt!

And to cram something in before the end of the day, here it is, a shave themed, 'Eggs, bacon and cheese toasted sandwich'. For no particular reason other than someone has just said the same on the TV.

View attachment 96984

Sunny side up - Occams Enoch
Maple grilled bacon - Feather Super Professional
Good old cheddar - Hive-2
Doorstep toast - Palmolive Classic
Anchor butter - Collegen moisturiser

'Would you like to share my bacon?'

'Ooooo. You're such a cheeky little bugger Mr.Satan'

A bit of a throw it together quick shave this evening before I had some pulling to get on with. So a shave which is even quicker than me, but a damn fine one at that. How could I ever have anything else with this trusty bunch? Vunderbar. Which is more than German football supporters can say tonight.

Have some wunderbar Japanese ladies...

Hey Chris,
A nice sandwich, but the same combo in a Staffordshire Oatcake is out of this World.
Mike

Fri 2
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby Boar
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
Lovely soap for the scent and the fabulous lather, easily whipped up by the wonderful brush!
A good enough shave with this Kamisori. The edge could be better, managed 3 passes for a ccs-sas result...
20221202_134847.jpg

SOTD 02-Dec
20221202_075657.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

Cracking shave this morning, the fresh GEM decent but it'll be better the next time. New in after the sales, the Histoires de Parfum 1899, the Novelist is based on this and it is indeed a cracking match. Absolutely love it, now I just need to hope I'm able to get my grubby mitts on more of the soap and splash before it runs out!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

02/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Lime
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 48 (6a).JPG
Another very smooth 2 pass shave this morning. I still find the Brass version a smidgen smoother. Not by much though.
The vintage small bottle of 4711 probably has 2 uses left in it.
I may try to mix and match the SS/Brass base plates soon to see if i can tell any difference.
My 1st real targeted Leg Day in the Gym this morning has left me jelly legged, it is going to hurt tomorrow.
baby moments GIF

Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Pre: wash with La Toja Magno
Soap: Razorock Tuscan Oud
Brush: SOC
Razor: Razorock stainless Hawk V3 A plate
Blade: Feather Pro (#9)
Post: Cien Men Hydroage Q10 moisturiser and Zara Vibrant Leather Oud EDT to complement the soap.

Getting all Razorocky today, this soap is one of the most powerfully scented I've come across. It's dark, sweet and almost cloying with a hint of syntheticness about it that on paper sounds not great but I actually do enjoy it, in the same way I like a portion of chips with kebab meat, chilli and mayo. It's not sophisticated but its good comfort on a Friday. Weird analogy I know. The soap lather and performs just great even though the SOC can be thirsty sometimes (or maybe it's just got past that stage now?)

3 comfortable passes for a face-feeler. One mistake on the jawline had me reaching for the tissues mind you, but soon stopped. Not the ingredients, you can blame the chef for that. I'm tired.
20221202_114931.jpg

01/12/2022

Razor: RR Lupo DLC
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Highlander Patriot
Soap: OSP Barbershop

View attachment 96988

This handle is beautiful. Looks amazing and feels great in the hand. The SynBad knot is a bit of a disappointment though. It's a bit more scratchy and stiff than the other SynBads I have. Shame as it was nearly the perfect brush. Sod's law that I've superglued the knot in so it will take divine intervention to remove it.
If you had used a good boar...

thinking-thinking-maps-woman-thinking.jpg

Back
Top Bottom