SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

Monday 5th December

AL9nZEUGN1r9V9RE9ZZ04jYPTrbXcjmD-OJxgENUGMYH3mto04gTeKlLJ_xnG6nC0DWHFw3oPGXhKxhUbg0zV16mWeO246oN2JAG90cDJoPKvl1NIYNLZ663JWvgUBEAEftT02sqomVE5433pcTQ6wLxyWYk7A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1970s) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Personna Glydex Double Edge & Personna (German) Platinum Chrome (4)
Pashana Original Aftershave

After signing off ten plus days of shaving with the Star, Treet, Personna & PAL double edge razors, I rather feel like Steve Jobs returning with a "one more thing" ...

One more thing? Yeah! The Glydex, or whatever it's called. Enjoyed, but not as much as the curved caps of the days previous. I like to find my edge rather than have it enforced ... but still a 9/10 shave.

AL9nZEXTq5SrFxBuxYSuacKJzXKYfIzZxnbN9EFj0cIFwvmVFGrOVQcdMOecVGM83uyyE_zBYYDFEdvQdf7cKOowsewBrum-lXNb2bAEp53Kv_D4Ng8CG98oU7TZsNAF-TaTw63qjOFUTFQXgDdSfemvmjck4g=w300
AL9nZEXxmjK_rcgLXGFybQ7oe8XMnnya9w4GLoay8lMcvAkGXXPVNjc9P-dg4-kq0_rtb8sCtG2f7DQlIm0L8XnuiH2ndjFU2mH0v_-2LPQ3ds7LOX-5QF3sxyXPjLzUcEGgV8qwZBv6b8RW4dWFdkZaQmoCoQ=w300

I've enjoyed reading your Star razor reviews. A fine collection of razors and great job on providing your observations on them.

I've been using my Personal/Star razor for the last 5 days and I'm liking it more with each additional shave.

Facial wash and hot towel. Pre shave oil. Lathered in small (3") bowl. Not a bad shave, first time with Augustus. Loaded a hot blade, 4.5 setting no cuts or nicks, reduced for each subsequent pass. Blade Glide used between passes. Finished with rinse and hot towel, Aftershave Cooling Gel, Alum block. Rinse and then Forest Frost. Liked The Emperor Augustus. Will definitely find the proper blade for this razor, who knows the Cayenne Hot might just be the one.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: VB The Emperor Augustus
Blade: Vikings Blade Cayenne Hot
Brush: Vulfix #1040
Pre-Shave: Vikings Blade Black Forest Pre Shave Oil
Lather: The Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aftershave: Vikings Blade Forest Frost
Additional Care:
MK Aftershave Cooling Gel
Hot towel
Cold Face Cloth
Osma bloc Alum Stone
Jatai Blade Glide Plus https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/638ea1fbea7b8c79278d8534

Attachments

• 20221205_191232.jpg
    20221205_191232.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
Tue 6
Soap & Aftershave Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Very nice lather qualities from today's soap and brush combination. Creamy slick and pleasant scent augmented by the matching splash. The razor was put through the La Lune with oil and the result was a wow! I can feel the edge is different compared with the balsa. The smooth and keen edge is more comfortable. A very enjoyable 3-pass session for a bbs-dfs-ccs finish...
20221206_101111.jpg

The first entry for this week of SOTD's? And it's a Monday? Oh my oh my. And the theme? 'You scruffy bastard'

20221205_131510.jpg

De-scruffying razor - Occams Enoch
A blade to do the business - Feather Super Professional
Bristle bashing brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
De-shabbyfying soap - Signature Soaps Londinium

Shave related boiling of eggs

In a rush here as going to run out of phone signal. So all I can say is 3 days facial fluff shifted in a super efficient and comfortable manner. Fucking brilliant.

Have some ladies from Japan. Or at least one rather bonkers lady.

SOTD: 6th December 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Vidyut Super-Max Super Stainless. (D1.)
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Alum Rub. /Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL. /Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up paired together wonderfully.

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is superb leaving an excellent post-shave feel to my mature skin.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD: 05/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Professional, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra Denventio Croap
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine
Fragrance: L'Occitane Eau Des Bavx Eau de Toilette

This puppy demands you fullest attention. Not as easy as a Hawk to find the correct angle and if you get it wrong it will give you a little love bite to let you know.

Super efficient with a Feather Pro this is a razor I could use for one pass and be satisfied. Might even be too much razor for everyday use as I'm finding that I have less growth the next morning.

BC3032A1-56A3-4820-9262-1358B19E80C4.jpeg

SOTD 06-Dec
20221205_150241 (1).jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: NO 'Tis The Season
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: GSB (3)

Well the Mrs wants a full on Christmas (to be fair it's for the 4 year old...ish) so I decided to comply. Got my hands on a jumper that that actually fits my gorilla length arms and made me chuckle alongside giant bloody elf slippers, I look like a festive golf club.

The little one caught sight of the tub, she loves NO just as much as I do but for very different reasons obviously, immediately pulled her nose up at it telling me "it smells like a tree", well mission accomplished then in doubling down on the Christmas theme. The scent is actually fairly spot on. It could be a bit much if it were stronger but I suspect it'll only stay around for an hour or so, so it's not too in your face and could be used on occasion the year round but only just.

All in all a good shave, happy days. Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday December 6, 2022
Razor: Hoffritz
Blade: Personna
Brush: Solid Set/Boar
Soap: Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy
Fragrance: Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy Edt
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,492

VERY excited to get this set as I wanted it when it was released some years ago but was only available in person at Pasteur's and it was before they were selling online. Here's some info about this older but still stellar base from WK:

This limited edition offering is offered in the “Bufala” soap base, which is made with water buffalo tallow, water buffalo milk, water buffalo whey proteins and donkey milk. Sri, the proprietor is a real genius when it comes to ingredients that are great for the skin. His focus remains using quality, sustainable ingredients with a focus on sensitive skin in both their animal based and vegan based shaving soap formulas.

Pasteur’s Alchemy consists of notes of: Neroli, Mandarin, Cannabis, Rose, Amber, Sandalwood, Oud and Vanilla. This fragrance opens bitter citrusy and is supported with a resinous interplay of amber. The entire scent is grounded by smooth vanilla and sandalwood and deep oud.

Dave's take on it.......YUMMMMMMM !! I got a great smelling and slick, stable lather even with the new Boar knot that is desperately needing broken in. It helped with the shavette shave with the Vintage Hoffritz. I saw this come up for sale and had never seen one before so when the seller sent an offer for sale at $11 I was like, yes please ! So glad I took a chance on it being similar to the Weck and taking the modern Hair Shaper blades which it does @pjgh Nice little slide feature to eject the blades is an upgrade from the Weck. Nice 3 pass shave and I' ready for whatever the day throws at me...........................as long as it doesn't throw it hard ! Come on "Life", give a guy a break for a change. Everyone have a great day !!
QWdLcAQ.jpg

Last edited:
BI5Fi9p.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Zingari Man Explorer
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Rotbart Super Rostrfrei Chromstahl (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lea Sensitive Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Wickham Russian Leather Balm

Good to be back in the Big Smoke.

Back
Top Bottom