SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

Sotd-06-12-22.png

Mergress (2), Gillette Silver Blue, Simpson Special best, Signature Capra Deva & Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

Full on comfort shave - no time for innovation. This soap should be available on the NHS - I find it instantly uplifting. All good, I feel much better. I don't think the Silver Blue blades are going to match my normal Treet Platinum & Classic for longevity but they have been excellent while they lasted. Have a good day all - cheers - I.

06/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin Silvertip
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 49 (4).JPG
The Blutt is up there for me, so smooth and efficient.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

2CCCA2BB-0430-46AC-88B8-C1A10B88695E.jpeg
SOTD: 06/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

And another night and day shave to the previous days attempt back to smooth and sublime! Only going to prove it was most likely the twat in charge of the razor who was in a rush that as the issue yesterday, not the razor! The Proraso Wood and Spice scent is a delight that lasts all day, and a very underrated soap and splash.

qHPRFKM.png

Tuesday 12.06.22
RAZOR: Gillette ‘53 Y2 President
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

Decemboar 6 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Black

IMG_20221206_124051.jpg

PS, is anyone else getting a bit burnt out from the WC? I was somewhat indifferent to begin with it but it's got to a point where I can't wait for it to be over.

Last edited:
Tuesday December 6, 2022
Razor: Hoffritz
Blade: Personna
Brush: Solid Set/Boar
Soap: Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy
Fragrance: Wholly Kaw Pasteur's Alchemy Edt
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,492

VERY excited to get this set as I wanted it when it was released some years ago but was only available in person at Pasteur's and it was before they were selling online. Here's some info about this older but still stellar base from WK:

This limited edition offering is offered in the “Bufala” soap base, which is made with water buffalo tallow, water buffalo milk, water buffalo whey proteins and donkey milk. Sri, the proprietor is a real genius when it comes to ingredients that are great for the skin. His focus remains using quality, sustainable ingredients with a focus on sensitive skin in both their animal based and vegan based shaving soap formulas.

Pasteur’s Alchemy consists of notes of: Neroli, Mandarin, Cannabis, Rose, Amber, Sandalwood, Oud and Vanilla. This fragrance opens bitter citrusy and is supported with a resinous interplay of amber. The entire scent is grounded by smooth vanilla and sandalwood and deep oud.

Dave's take on it.......YUMMMMMMM !! I got a great smelling and slick, stable lather even with the new Boar knot that is desperately needing broken in. It helped with the shavette shave with the Vintage Hoffritz. I saw this come up for sale and had never seen one before so when the seller sent an offer for sale at $11 I was like, yes please ! So glad I took a chance on it being similar to the Weck and taking the modern Hair Shaper blades which it does @pjgh Nice little slide feature to eject the blades is an upgrade from the Weck. Nice 3 pass shave and I' ready for whatever the day throws at me...........................as long as it doesn't throw it hard ! Come on "Life", give a guy a break for a change. Everyone have a great day !!
QWdLcAQ.jpg

That’s a lot of blade there Dave, do you rate personna hair shapers for shaving? I have found them to be really stiff and somewhat rough to use. Maybe my poor technique! Pasteur soap sounds amazing (y) thanks for sharing.

That’s a lot of blade there Dave, do you rate personna hair shapers for shaving? I have found them to be really stiff and somewhat rough to use. Maybe my poor technique! Pasteur soap sounds amazing (y) thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I haven't done an open blade shave in ages but while not the closest shave I had no issues and it felt fine to me. I'm not the best judge with my limited experience with different blades. Have a great day !

4893385F-DFE6-4014-9FB3-19145AC23C4E.jpeg
Wild West Brushworks Cashmere
Leaf Twig
Wizamet half (1)
Body Shop old, old formula
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

I hunted down a few of these tubes of the old formula Body Shop cream when I got back into traditional shaving. This cream, along with a Boots shaving stick was one of the first shaving products that I used in my youth. I also really love the scent. This is the last tube and I really don’t know how this occurred but the a large slice/cut has appeared since I last used it. I’m at a loss to explain it, I haven’t dropped it, the plastic hasn’t turned brittle. I will use this quite frequently from now, in case the cream itself spoils.

It still produced an excellent lather, so not all bad.

Now, where’s the sellotape?

Back
Top Bottom