SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

SOTD 20221206
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Wald Nimbus Raven J3
Soap: Noble Otter Thé noir et Vanille
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
AS: Zaharoff Signature

SOTD_20221206.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tuesday 6th December

AL9nZEVkO2Ki4QHzC7xz2GnqNV-MKslP1p05uSyS7Ae_mUnboCD3gY1DmSyqIueg_Dyyzn-7uvGFSHhwi4Zrm0eAMn3F_M4-DRY2lvVet7nTUIX0ecjt-VhVr4dY4MCY5wIRs0hB5NizFFcs55evc3uVJ7U7iA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Yardley (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Haryali Rosewood w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & VOSKHOD Teflon Coated (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Carrying on with the vintage British soaps and onto Yardley with its subtle (now) citrus woody scent, still very present ... but subtle.

I'm sanity-checking comments I made about the VOSKHOD blade (that I generally like it) as it's been a while and pleased to find I'm still of the same mind. In many ways, it reminds me of the blue pack Vidyut Super Stainless (with the Wizamet stylings), which is no bad thing. It's not great, but it's far from mediocre.

... and continuing Decemboar with this Haryali handle that I lifted a synthetic knot from, fully expecting to sacrifice the handle but it popped straight out. Left with a nice handle, I dropped a plebian Chinese boar knot in and it's ... it's lovely!

AL9nZEXj6OII3HecJ9n6bmKJg76aAmPuPf_nwyB4vP0zgqp2I_Atl_vRqY1jTAEaDXmA6Zh79L9C32VWkv-HBSxmBMpz5KWPhYPLf1EfwaDK_ccw0pXZ1nhHUqoslWp2ZQRu1_pejZWGZQWpylSs977QevbXTg=w600

Got the badger brush soaking in hot water and let it go for at least 5 minutes. While waiting, I took advantage of the time to enjoy a facial wash and rinse followed by pre shave oil. With the oil being absorbed, I began working the lather. Prior to lathering, I applied the blade glide plus. Lather was thick and slick as I've come to expect from ToOBS. Got a nice three pass shave from the Fatip/VB Mild combination. As close to a bbs without getting there. I'm a little nervous about putting in too aggressive a blade. I'm sure I can get one to two more shaves out of this blade. Afterward, the VB Cayenne Hot will be the next choice for this very aggressive razor.
Following the third pass, a rinse and application of aftershave balm, after a few minutes, a hot towel was applied. With cold water, the alum block was used. Some stinging accompanied the alum, actually felt pretty good. When I felt my face tighten up, I applied a cold face cloth and was rewarded with a refreshing feeling. I followed up with alcohol based aftershave and a nice talc dusting.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Fatip (Italian) LO STORTO Slant Open Comb
Blade: Vikings Blade Mild
Brush: Parker 3 Band Pure Badger
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool Formula 1
Lather: TOOBS Coconut Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Aftershave
Additional Care:
Van Der Hagen Post Shave Balm
Osma bloc Alum Stone
Pinaud Clubman Talc
MK Men's Facial Wash
Hot towel
Hot towel
Cold Face Cloth
Jatai Blade Glide Plus https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/638ff31bea7b8c79278d855d1000000555.jpg

Tuesday 6th December

AL9nZEVkO2Ki4QHzC7xz2GnqNV-MKslP1p05uSyS7Ae_mUnboCD3gY1DmSyqIueg_Dyyzn-7uvGFSHhwi4Zrm0eAMn3F_M4-DRY2lvVet7nTUIX0ecjt-VhVr4dY4MCY5wIRs0hB5NizFFcs55evc3uVJ7U7iA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Yardley (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Haryali Rosewood w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & VOSKHOD Teflon Coated (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Carrying on with the vintage British soaps and onto Yardley with its subtle (now) citrus woody scent, still very present ... but subtle.

I'm sanity-checking comments I made about the VOSKHOD blade (that I generally like it) as it's been a while and pleased to find I'm still of the same mind. In many ways, it reminds me of the blue pack Vidyut Super Stainless (with the Wizamet stylings), which is no bad thing. It's not great, but it's far from mediocre.

... and continuing Decemboar with this Haryali handle that I lifted a synthetic knot from, fully expecting to sacrifice the handle but it popped straight out. Left with a nice handle, I dropped a plebian Chinese boar knot in and it's ... it's lovely!

AL9nZEXj6OII3HecJ9n6bmKJg76aAmPuPf_nwyB4vP0zgqp2I_Atl_vRqY1jTAEaDXmA6Zh79L9C32VWkv-HBSxmBMpz5KWPhYPLf1EfwaDK_ccw0pXZ1nhHUqoslWp2ZQRu1_pejZWGZQWpylSs977QevbXTg=w600
Sweet blade!!

Wed 7
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Super nice creamy and slick lather from the soap, whip up nicely by the excellent boar brush—lovely scented soap and matching splash. Today's shave was just fantastic! After putting it through the La Lune with oil, this razor's edge was the best I have ever felt. Very gentle and comfortable but yet crisply keen. 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20221207_104713.jpg

SOTD: 07/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Professional, 3rd use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice (Imported From India). Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Nightwitch Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack

Went a bit old school today with the tackle used.

After the Vector ate my face yesterday I took the blade out, re-centred it again and following some online advice I gave the handle an extra quarter turn when putting it all back together. It's much better now, shaves like I expected it to.

3355611B-7C02-4BA4-B89E-1E17E4CE6322.jpeg

View attachment 97182

Mergress (2), Gillette Silver Blue, Simpson Special best, Signature Capra Deva & Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

Full on comfort shave - no time for innovation. This soap should be available on the NHS - I find it instantly uplifting. All good, I feel much better. I don't think the Silver Blue blades are going to match my normal Treet Platinum & Classic for longevity but they have been excellent while they lasted. Have a good day all - cheers - I.
Maybe the heads of NHS should use it to get into the right state of mind to sort out the mess it’s in!

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Brush = Yaqi Aqua 24mm Synthetic
Cream = The Body Shop Maca Root with matching balm
Edt = The Body Shop Activist
2EF3F0C1-FC9C-4E62-A462-3B2ACB9842A7.pngFirst shave for me in 4 days & first shave in Brazil
Iv been totally flat out since arriving & hardly any time to my self, so this was a pleasant 20 minute of chill time.
The Super Thin is possibly my number one blade at the moment but like everything else i don’t use them enough.
I guess the cream doesn’t need any introduction however it’s very good & very underrated.
There’s never a dull moment working away ah
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe
Boys & Girls

Back
Top Bottom