SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - 6/8th Dovo "Best Quality"
Blade - @RussellR5555
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester C Spice
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
View attachment 83942
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.
Anyway, a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.
Hey-Ho! Hopefully it will not affect us too badly.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Best of luck, sure you'll both be fine with it.

Razor = La Criatura Double Slant Open Comb By
PAA
Brush = PAA The Green Ray 24mm Synthetic
Blade = Rapira Platinum Lux ( 2 )
Cream = Castle Forbes Lime with matching balm
Splash = Skin Bracer
37ECAA7E-CA0A-434A-AD1E-CF6845D0FF9C.jpeg
Not so good a shave tonight
i must have at least half a dozen weepers,
probably more weepers today that the last 6 months put together.
This is the first time iv had a weeper with these razors & had a marvellous shave yesterday with the Rapira so just goes to show sometimes Razor & Blade combos don’t work at times.
Still a enjoyable 3 pass shave so not to much drama.
now onwards & upwards to tomorrow & the third use of the Rapira just so i can compare.
Stay Safe Lads

05 February
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Creamy Coconut
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

07 February
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Creamy Coconut
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 9 of 56
51ah2d72pzL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Missed 2 days (Sat & Sun) of Shaving for the 1st time since joining TSR! :LOL:
Mon 7 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Cheshire Balm
Excellent soap! A lovely scent and a rich, creamy and slick lather!
An excellent & enjoyable shave with this razor on pasted balsa edge. Very smoothly & comfortably mowed down 3 days worth of growth in 3+passes without any irritation & issues for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs result. Aftershaves were great too.
20220207_121502.jpg

Back
Top Bottom