SOTD Saturday 5th - Friday 11th August

8/8/17

A very mild shaver indeed. Similar to the OneBlade of course, with the pivot. A very mild shaver, almost too mild with the Rapira blade. 3 passes an a few extra passes on the neck for a close to BBS shave. A sharper blade like a Feather or BiC would probably work better for me. All in all I am impressed and glad I bought it. It won't be a daily driver but I will enjoy trying different blades with it.

Pro's: uniqueness, variety of different blades, ease of use, near impossible to cut yourself, good for a quick or mild shave.

Con's: more like a cart in that it takes some of the fun out of the "art", construction (not sure how long it will last with the mechanics), if you don't like breaking blades you will be limited to the few that produce 1/2 blades.

a4bd7842536c71500622e483ab4a9cb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Boar
Cream: Simpsons Citrus Burst
Razor: Rolls
Blade: Hollow Ground
Afters: Floid Vigoroso
IMG_20170808_155128.jpg

First time using this scent of Simpsons, same great performance but it's not really a burst of citrus, more a gentle background waft.
Also first time using this particular Rolls, I like a short handle but, I may have just found my limit. The blade was a bit tuggy so had to abandon it and reach for my nearest loaded razor.
The good old Schick I with a chick blade to the rescue.
IMG_20170808_172843.jpg

8/8/17

A very mild shaver indeed. Similar to the OneBlade of course, with the pivot. A very mild shaver, almost too mild with the Rapira blade. 3 passes an a few extra passes on the neck for a close to BBS shave. A sharper blade like a Feather or BiC would probably work better for me. All in all I am impressed and glad I bought it. It won't be a daily driver but I will enjoy trying different blades with it.

Pro's: uniqueness, variety of different blades, ease of use, near impossible to cut yourself, good for a quick or mild shave.

Con's: more like a cart in that it takes some of the fun out of the "art", construction (not sure how long it will last with the mechanics), if you don't like breaking blades you will be limited to the few that produce 1/2 blades.

a4bd7842536c71500622e483ab4a9cb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting.....mine arrives tomorrow. I think you have to use the broken blade for blade stability. The little curve at the break acts as a spring which holds everything in place.

Back
Top Bottom