SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

SOTD: 14th January 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap Bowl.
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. (Face) -Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG) (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel. /Adidas Extreme Power EdT.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

A wonderful performance from both the Parker 55SL and the E.R. 1912. The English version of the 1912 i find slightly more assertive than the US version. That said, both are a joy to shave with.

Like all my other Parker DE razors the Parker 55SL has paired together with all of DE blades i have paired it up with. Some have been better than others, but all have given me acceptable results to date.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Adidas Extreme Power EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday 14th January
General Brass - Proshave S #3 - Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood - Yaqi Robin - Brut Attraction Totale - Aloe Vera Gel
RRQeoN6.jpg

739FA1A9-EE22-4ED9-8B03-15F7E9F0A4AA.jpeg
SOTD: 14/01/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C White Star Southern Comfort Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

I love this sweet scent of Bourbon and Tobacco. Apparently there’s cedarwood, tonka bean, and blushed rose petals in the mix as well, all I know is I need to get the balm/splash as it’s great and a step away from my usual citrus heavy den.
Another super easy shave from the Excalibur which for some reason seems able to cling to the lather more easily than my Vector. It makes no real difference except for the need for less rinsing. It’s actually making me question the need for my Claymore at the moment as it’s almost as mild and smooth, plus it’s more efficient so kind of makes it redundant.
Enjoy the weekend guys.

PXL_20230113_121813718~2.jpg
SOTD January 14 2023

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Gillette - Perma-Sharp
Soap - GFT - Officers and Gentlemen soap
Brush - Omega 98
Bowl - Captain's Choice Copper
Post - Baxter's of California ABS
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

Another wonderful shave with the AS-D2, two new items used today, the GFT Officers and Gentlemen soap which is superb and lathered up a treat with my new Omega 98 boar.
Everything used worked in perfect harmony to produce a perfect shave. ABS to finish the shave followed by a good spray of YSL Kouros, lovely!

Have a great weekend chaps,

Paul.

Last edited:
14/01/23
Saturday Str8
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Synth Maggards Knot
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1 & Tatara Masamune
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight / Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 03 (1).JPG
I enjoyed the shave today, however, the edge on the #1 Kropp was not as smooth as it should be. It did a good enough job on the WTG pass but probably needs a refresh.
The Masamune turned up yesterday which i bought from a very good friend on another forums BST and just could not wait to give it a run out. I completed an ATG pass with some touch up for a very smooth BBS finish. I think i am going to get along with this razor.
I did get a little indication from the splash at the end of the post shave routine.
Overall a nice shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom