SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

That's got me interested.
If GFT and Limes were to be good performers I'd be all over them.
The last Trumpers soap I bought about 10 years ago was diabolical (and that's being kind).
It made for an expensive hand soap for sure.
Yes I was always under the impression that all the Trumper's soaps were not worth touching but these two are very different from the others, I will ask Mike about the lime soap!

Paul.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-shave
Razor: Yaqi 70SB on Stando King polished SS handle
Blade: Astra Green (2)
Brush: Omega 10029
S Soap: TGFS – Orange Empire

Same setup for a few days now apart from blade. Yes things are improving with the Omega and lathering now seems easier. Either my face is getting used to it or the brush is starting to soften (more likely) but it no longer seems so harsh. Razor still feels too mild forcing me to go over the same area more than I would like to. I may need to further work on my technique and angle aproach.

This SOTD pic is entitled 'The great Towel Escape' and of course dedicated to none other than @Boycie83

SOTD.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday January 14, 2023
Razor: Wilkinson Pall Mall Dunhill Set
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Victorian Handle/Badger
Soap: Stirling Deton-8
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E Rèvolution
Fragrance: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,531
C579FvL.jpg

907CHG0.jpg

Thanks, the metal top of the brush handle separated from the wood base on my 1st pass lathering (it had been getting loose and will fix it) so it made for an interesting 3 pass shave holding it by the short metal piece to lather :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 98938
I expect you took it in good stride anyway Dave.
An easy fix.

Paul.

Saturday

Decided to use the Aristocrat #66 and thought I'd use a 1980s blade. Fine barber blue lathered and applied using the youngest of my 3 Proraso/Omega boars. Pretty scritcmy but made for a decent shave.

Only did 2 passes, but very respectable DFS. I would have gone for BBS if I hadn't felt just a tiny bit under my chin when applying the splash. Nevertheless, very tidy.

Hope everyone has a DFW!

Attachments

• 20230114_105820.jpg
    20230114_105820.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom