SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

2384FBC5-E54E-414A-BCEE-7F05EB35756C.jpeg

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Kent BK4 Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Bodyshop Maca Root & Aloe
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

Have a great weekend all.

Last 2 shaves, still using the Tech with 80's Gillette Super Silver blade. It's still going strong and giving me fantastic shaves.

Getting a good mix up on my soaps, seeing as I lent a few to my brother in law and can see some at the back of the draw!!

I think I'll keep this going until the blade becomes a bit dull, or using the same razor and blade becomes too dull for me!

Happy weekend start everyone!

Attachments

• 20230120_093453.jpg
    20230120_093453.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230118_150245.jpg
    20230118_150245.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6
Last 2 shaves, still using the Tech with 80's Gillette Super Silver blade. It's still going strong and giving me fantastic shaves.

Getting a good mix up on my soaps, seeing as I lent a few to my brother in law and can see some at the back of the draw!!

I think I'll keep this going until the blade becomes a bit dull, or using the same razor and blade becomes too dull for me!

Happy weekend start everyone!

The Super Silvers are elusive beasts, I hope they are as good as their reputation! Just out of curiousity what's the Motherlode style knot like?

The Super Silvers are elusive beasts, I hope they are as good as their reputation! Just out of curiousity what's the Motherlode style knot like?
Easily as good as their reputation, I think I have 2 left in the tuck I have. I got a few tucks when I was scouring for my brother's 50th birthday presents, but gave him half of them. What a fool!!! :D As for the knot, it's a 28mm Boti Synth and it's possibly too floppy for me, but does lather quite nicely, just doesn't have the scritch I like, hence it only gets a few outings. When I see it sitting there, I feel sorry for it and get it out - I love the colouration on the handle though, which is why I bought it.

Easily as good as their reputation, I think I have 2 left in the tuck I have. I got a few tucks when I was scouring for my brother's 50th birthday presents, but gave him half of them. What a fool!!! :D As for the knot, it's a 28mm Boti Synth and it's possibly too floppy for me, but does lather quite nicely, just doesn't have the scritch I like, hence it only gets a few outings. When I see it sitting there, I feel sorry for it and get it out - I love the colouration on the handle though, which is why I bought it.

Find a way to replace those Super Silvers with some Derbys... Ah well, I hope he gets to enjoy using them.

Thanks for the info about the Boti brush, I was planning to buy one of those knots, but I think if I did it'd be one to set a low loft. I've got a large floppy synth, and I rarely use it, it's like face lathering with a mop!

Friday AM 2023-01-20
J. Edgar Hoover gave Shirley Temple a tear gas fountain pen on this date in 1949
oeiK4cU.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Diamondback/UFO Common Bar
Wilkinson Light Brigade (2)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave balm (vintage)
QDT22R6.jpg
8CtPUj6.jpg

I started with the Neepsend but retired it quickly as the sixth shave with the same blade seemed to be tapering off a bit. I could have finished and had a passable result but I think it's proven itself already.

Similar setup to recent shaves but this time with Pinaud Clubman (or Clubman Pinaud as it says on the bottle) Whiskey Woods. I'm still not sure about the smell but I'm going to give it time. It could end up in the passaround.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (birth year, long handle)
Blade: Ri-Mei Super Platinum (Black)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Arko shaving stick
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Whiskey Woods https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63cb0c7b718a6562eace6f94
PXL_20230120_212625358~2.jpg

And as my final entry for this week of SOTD's I present a shave themed, 'We will shave you'

20230120_191928.jpg

I will shave you - Ikon B1
I will cut you - Super Max
I will brush you - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
I will cream on your face - Officina Artigiana
And together
We will shave you
'And I will make you in to pies'

A karaoke shave?

???

They did indeed shave me and let me say my friends, that was one cracking shave and I wish you could see the size of my grin. Big.

Have a most bodacious evening one and all and I leave you with the latest offering from Band Maid.

1BD82F60-DA05-4D7B-97A2-41442562C333.jpeg
SOTD: 20/01/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 9th use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Liz Earle For Men Sensitive Shave Cream Cream
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

A spot on shave with this cream though the scent and freshness makes it more suited to summer. A great shave from start to finish and a great little brush too.

Back
Top Bottom