SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

SOTD 20230114.
a4hr7fw.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
LYAXEYKA_73 "#1" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Lord Super Stainless (3).
Pinaud "Lilac Vegetal" ASL.

4077CCE9-88D5-4717-9BB1-AD7AC621E6BB.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: Proraso Green (Refreshing)
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute edt

Nice early morning shave before meeting up with a mate for a Wetherspoons breakfast. Good satisfying shave.

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1958 Executive D3/Iridium Super
Saville Row superbadger/AOS lemon shaving cream made in England
no after shave
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (almost like an EdP strength)

Probably in my top 3 razors, the Executive shaves like a Fatboy, but with nicer knurling.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• 20230114_065109.jpg
    20230114_065109.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 8
GXi18vr.jpg

PxSi7sX.jpg

hHasHCU.jpg

RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft synth brush, Gillette England Tech (BE), MWF soap, PAA Diver Down AS and last, but not least, Personna Made in Germany blade.

Well, I picked these blades up on the southern US border in a small store. I have to comment that this blade was NIGHT & DAY different than the sh%$$y Israeli one I used last week!! This German one shaved fantastic!! Unbelievable almost the difference!! :unsure:

14 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: GSB
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Løthur: Samber
Fragrance: L'Elégant by MDCI

It's been a long time since I used a Silver Blue.. now I remember why I have 200 of them. ;) I was so impressed with Lonny that I added Samber to my collection... I was not disappointed.

SOTD 14-Jan
20230102_110916 (1).jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: AE The Novelist
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (11)

Bit of a rushed one but still a very good finish, woke up a lot later than intended, then had to get my arse into gear and out the door with family for a fun day shopping...I could hardly contain my excitement...

I've now managed to get my hands on another few sets of The Novelist (one of my caveats for this year) so I'm set for a little while at least.

Hope everyone has had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Gillette Tech :: Personna blade (2, ger) :: Hampshire wool fat No.2 :: Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush
IMG_20230114_165336.jpg
My first ever shave with a Gillette razor, a Made in England Ball-end Tech, with ALU base plate that I picked up on ebay in a moment of momentary weakness (heh). Well, it wasn't great, but also it was much better than any other light razor I every used. I am pretty sure it's my poor technique, I suppose I'll need to learn to shave with the lightweights properly...

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Chisel & Hound Strata 26mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Razorock Nomad
Aftershave: Razorock Nomad

First run with some of the products from @ATG very generous PIF, and this soap/splash is an instant hit with my wife!

Also the first time I've used the Personna since getting the Overlander; a better experience than I remember having with other razors, but perhaps not as efficient as I'd hoped. Five stars for smoothness though, making for a great experience when a quick easy shave is more important than a BBS finish.

Saturday AM 2023-01-14
National Wear a Colander Day (Pastafarian Holy Day)
JWN17Cx.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Wilkinson London Bridge (8)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)

Penhaligon's Lords is a long-time favorite of mine. The brush is one of my scritchiest: not quite uncomfortable, but definitely felt. That and the relatively loud auditory feedback from the razor made the shave even more enjoyable.
JC6Bc7f.jpg
2xvQ9Hn.jpg

Razor: Saivor 2.0 (Russian DE which takes two DE Blades)
Blade: Willy's x2
Brush: Pearl 30mm Knot Synthetic
Shaving Stick: Easy Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Woody's Aftershave Tonic
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Men

hey so fancied using the Savoir 2.0 russian de razor which takes 2 DE blades,
so had to pull out two willys for this one loool :ROFLMAO::devilish:

so first time using two willys de blades,
they're sharp and smooth,
I have to say they're one of the most comfortable blades ive used and I love them, as you can tell you can usually tell whether you like something or not after a few strokes, or course YMMV

I got that Woodys aftershave tonic from tk maxx but I was thinking it was just aftershave so first time I used aftershave tonic and it's more like a oil, so like a balm in a sense, I like it wasn't too bad too fair

Overall a superb shave, thoroughly enjoyed it and this de is one of my favourites and it's hybrid open comb and safety bar too, underrated...

On a side note been enjoying using alum block recently, did stop for a while

p.s even though cba using the proraso preshave lol

IMG_20230114_144204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom