SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

This evening brought with it the thematic shave............

View attachment 99186

View attachment 99181

In fact 'Hello big boy'

Big boy razor - Stainless Mongoose
Big boy blade - Feather Super Professional
Big boy brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Big boy soap - MDC Rose
Was a big boy - Me
'Storm in a C cup or a C cup in a storm?'

Other than a long introduction I am going to say very little as I really can't be bothered. Cycled 27 miles today and shafted.

What I will say though is this was one of those most magnificent of shaves with a bunch of some top performing products. Stunning and I couldn't be a happier bunny. Conejo feliz.

Have some ladies from the land of the rising sun and for this evening sex on the beach with TsuShiMaMiRe.....yes please

The iconic and statuesque Eva Herzigova, thank you Chris San, I really enjoy a nice juicy pear with my porridge first thing in the morning :ROFLMAO:

pjgpyJe.png

Razor - Gillette ‘48 Ranger Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Heritage Collection Ever-Ready
Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Aftershave - Floid Suave

Friday 20 January
Fatip il Piccolo Special Edition OC plate
TFS Vecchia Torino
Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless (1st)
Vintage silver handle synthetic reknot

The Fatip OC delivers a very mild and smooth shave but the handle doesn’t do it any favours. Not the length which is fine for me
but the longitudinal grooves which offer poor grip in a wet hand. I switched to a matt stainless handle to complete the shave.
The TFS has a smooth creaminess but little if no scent, to me anyway.
I have now used 3 new 7 o’clock blades, today the SS, previously the Sharp Edge and the Super Platinum. There isn’t much to choose between them as new blades go but maybe the differentiator will be in relative life span. I’ll keep going with them to find out.

Overall a reasonable result but no Hamlet cigar moment.
Enjoy your day fellas (y)

CA4C3CB6-CC71-49F5-9838-0CF53DC0C245.jpeg

Friday 20th January

Soap • Stirling Nag Champa
Brush • APShaveCo/ 26mm Boss
Razor • Univinlions
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (6)
Post • Vintage Old Spice Aftershave (70's)

I swore I would never use this razor again, having in the past called it a hateful impliment (among other names!) But, having read how Brian @culcreuch has been giving his shavettes & AC razors a run out, I decided to try the Univinlions to see if I could somehow get through a shave without cutting myself to ribbons.

Well, I'm very pleased to say that I escaped with only two small weepers that were quelled with a cold water splash.

I'm far away from being confident with my use of this razor, but I have decided to give it another try again in a couple of days time to see if I have learned anything from today's effort?

Many thanks again to Iain @Digimonkey for gifting me this Stirling soap. It really is very good.

I'm off to the dentist for a check-up later this morning. Five minutes in the chair and £20 later . . . . .

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Fri 20
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Wonderful soap qualities...creamy and slick with the scent matching the splash. The brush is just great!
1st shave with this newly acquired old razor with specially ordered green scales. Well-balanced and easy to maneuver, the razor's edge is nice and smooth but not as keen as I preferred. 3passes for a dfs-sas finish...
20230120_170928.jpg

20/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Tatara Masamune
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 03 (7).JPG
This Masamune head is right up my street, so smooth today, 2 passes for an easy, comfortable BBS. Still not sure about the longer Nodachi handle though, may ask if anyone wants a swap for the original standard handle, i will give it a run out with the Ikon Bulldog handle.
Another great lather from the Signature soap and AP4B, although i want to try the knot a little higher in the handle to reduce the backbone. I pulled the knot at the end of the shave and will set it with the spacer.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom